Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Hardy has 0 fundamentals on defense, so he still has a ways to go with such things. The raw talent is still ridiculous though. He just needs to turn streetball into NBA ball.
I never bought into the hype over this guy.

Saw him SL play and wasn't impressed with his basketball IQ and defense

He just comes off to me as volume shot chucker who will never be efficient.

I'm guessing in 2 or 3 years he won't even be on this roster
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I never bought into the hype over this guy.

Saw him SL play and wasn't impressed with his basketball IQ and defense

He just comes off to me as volume shot chucker who will never be efficient.

I'm guessing in 2 or 3 years he won't even be on this roster
Dude is a fresh 20 years having missed his senior season of high school thanks to Covid and made the decision to jump straight into playing against adults. I think the two negatives you mentioned are greatly impacted by his timeline and at the same time are two very coachable traits. I would disagree on basketball IQ, especially from an offensive viewpoint. He's obviously advanced enough in scoring but has to continue to learn playing within a system and team offense.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a tough hill to climb and I think he finds himself at least in a rotation in the NBA.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:52 AM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Dude is a fresh 20 years having missed his senior season of high school thanks to Covid and made the decision to jump straight into playing against adults. I think the two negatives you mentioned are greatly impacted by his timeline and at the same time are two very coachable traits. I would disagree on basketball IQ, especially from an offensive viewpoint. He's obviously advanced enough in scoring but has to continue to learn playing within a system and team offense.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a tough hill to climb and I think he finds himself at least in a rotation in the NBA.
Hardy needs to continue to work on strength/conditioning and watch tons of video on the splash brothers - how to smartly run, make cuts, etc. to free himself for that sweet jumper. Somewhere in my deepest dreams i wonder how the mavs offense would look with guys who know how to pass/cut/move around and set picks. All with Luka still running the helm.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

The kid has more than enough talent to make it in the NBA. FAR less talented players than him have had long, productive careers. Players of his talent who wash out of the league do so because of lack of work ethic, mental health issues or other similar problems of a personal nature. I don't know that it will be with the Mavericks, but I do believe he'll be a productive NBA player within 3 years.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote