Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-01-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Our favorite site for NBA rumors and such is back. Fortunately we don't have to put up with the terrible chat room anymore thanks to DJ.

www.nbatalk.com
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2001, 11:07 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Don't mean to burst your bubble but it's been back for a few weeks. I think it was scooter that posted this a week or so ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 02:09 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed the site is working it's way back too. I loved reading all those rumors and stuff, but your right, thank god for DJ. We don't have to put up with that damn message board over there. So...

Thanks DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2001, 09:36 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Whoops! I guess thats what I get for not paying attention.

Another site that is back up: www.romp.com is no longer a pay site. For those of you that haven't seen it, check it out. Its got some funny animation clips that are worth seeing.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE Romp and am glad they decided to get rid of the Romp Mafia pay section! But now they say they won't be pumping out as many eps of their progs so that kinda sucks. Booty Call is the shiznit! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 06:01 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just got this in my inbox:

Dear loyal sportsTALK.com users,

Thank you for your patience over the last few months as sportsTALK.com has undergone a major transition. We truly appreciate the hundreds of warm e-mails we received celebrating our return. It's my pleasure to announce that sportsTALK.com has teamed up with ESPN.com to provide you with an exciting new product called ESPN INSIDER.

ESPN INSIDER will provide sportsTALK fans with all of the latest rumors, newspaper links, daily features and edgy content that you've come to expect from sportsTALK over the last few years. All of sportsTALK's key writers including Terry Brown, Ryan Early, Dayn Perry, Matt Kelchner and Mike Florio will be part of ESPN INSIDER.

In addition, ESPN will bring many of their resources to bear on the project. This will mean more features, the ability to have your favorite team's or player's stories always appear on the front page, a much more advanced and searchable link system and many other innovative additions. In other words, sportsTALK on steroids.

Many of you have asked us about our plans to turn sportsTALK into a subscription site. Given the difficulty of getting revenue from the internet, we feel that a subscription fee is absolutely necessary for us to be able to provide you with the type of in-depth information we bring on a daily basis. We strongly believe that there is no where else on the net where you can find the quality and quantity of information that you get on sportsTALK each day. Therefore, ESPN INSIDER will be a premium content site. For a low yearly rate, subscribers will be able to access all of the information provided by sportsTALK.

For the past two weeks, sportsTALK has been offering a free sneak preview of our rumor pages and several of our features. We are now in the process of finalizing our transition into ESPN and are planning a launch of ESPN INSIDER on Monday June 11th. Per our request, we've asked ESPN to contact you in the next few days with a sweetheart deal -- a special discounted subscription rate for sportsTALK users.

We sincerely hope you will support us in this next endeavor. We are excited about the possibilities and feel that by joining ESPN, sportsTALK will be able to take our game to the next level.

Warmly,

Chad Ford
co-founder, sportsTALK.com
Old 06-07-2001, 06:35 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Evil is back at the right time...
Old 06-07-2001, 07:07 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

WHOA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] , he's back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 06-08-2001, 11:17 AM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"...a special discounted subscription rate for sportsTALK users."

Am I understanding that correctly? We now have to PAY MONEY to get access to sportstalk's "rumors"? Get real!

Old 06-08-2001, 11:36 AM   #10
djb
Administrator

Yea that part pretty much sucks. I guess I can always go to BskBALL.com for rumors and such. Didn't ESPN.com used to have a pay section a year or two ago? I guess it didn't work out and now the network's trying to cash in on SportsTalk's success and following.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:46 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

So starting today, users must pay $24.00 to use NBATalk any longer? Get Real.

DJ, if you do sign up there, make sure to bring us the latest Mavs news would ya? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2001, 01:50 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Looks like they're charging $4.95/month or $29.95 (regularly $39.95) for an annual subscription. All that just so we could read a couple rumors (most of which come from regular newspaper articles) each day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Don't worry guys..Dallas-Mavs.com is ramping up production and will be up in some shape or form sometime in the next two weeks. I'll be subscribing to the ESPN Insider so you guys won't have to!
Old 06-15-2001, 01:52 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

YOU THE MAN!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2001, 01:57 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dj! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote