Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Looking for options...

I go through Airports and in most I am subjected to CNN with virtually no options to watch any other NEWS programs.

I'm currently in Vegas staying at the Flamingo, thanks to my marketing group...but the TV only has CNN and MSNBC...where are the other options, specifically Fox News Network so that I can choose something fair and balanced.

Watching and listening to these left wing biased reports is nausiating!!! But I have NO options...should I say, NO Choice!!!

Okay, I'm done whinning for the moment...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why airports tend to display CNN? As opposed to, say, Fox News?

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why you are so far outside the mainstream, that you would perceive CNN as doing something besides bringing you news?

I'm here to tell you...if "fair and balanced" is what you are looking for, you certainly aren't going to get it on FoxNews.

But of course, you knew that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Reality has a well-known liberal bias. - Stephen Colbert
Old 03-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Lets see CNN was around BEFORE Fox News and thus established themselves from a marketing stand point.

Getting Airports and other places to change the channel is a rather challenging task and I'm not sure how to get started. Once in a while, we can find a place that carries FOX News...for example the Airline Clubs...funny how when I have the time to hang out in the club, they typically have Fox News, which by the way is selected by the passengers.

CNN is perhaps one of the most Liberal networks, how anyone would not admit this only goes to show the bias that they have.

As for Fox News...they are more Fair and Balanced than the other stations, the problem is that being fair and balanced actually allows them to present both view points, thus an opportunity for conservative views...which is what the others statins do NOT do. Or for the ones that do, it is very limited.

It would be nice to at least have the option to flip on Fox News in airports and hotels...usually the hotels are not a problem, actually this is the first time that I have NOT been able to watch Fox News and it's driving me a bit nuts...but at least now I understand how America is getting brainwashed by the liberal elitist left leaning news networds (CNN, MSNBC...and others)
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Who is the more dominant personality, Hannity or Colmes?

Gimme a break, man. FOX is every bit about the conservative viewpoint, and everyone knows that. I'm not saying there is anything WRONG with that! But everyone knows the ground rules, don't they?

Lookit, during election season I take in the various networks voraciously. I know what the drill is. And I also know that CNN is as close to center as you are going to get.

At least as far as cable news networks go, that is. For broadcast networks, you can't beat ABC. But I find them all equally nonpartisan.

But when it comes to cable networks, if you want right wing you go FOX and if you want left wing you go MSNBC, and if you want legitimate journalism you go CNN.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

I guess we'll just have to disagree.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

It's that, or I suddenly believe in unicorns.

Tags
fluffy banter