Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #1281
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the NBA season is still going on?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #1282
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Do you by any chance play for the Orlando Magic?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #1283
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Humans are still playing basketball?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #1284
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
doh..beat me to it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #1285
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

THE_REAL_SHAQ - Congratualtions kobe, u deserve it. You played great . Enjoy it my man enjoy it. And I know what yur sayin rt now "Shaq how my ass taste "
Old 06-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #1286
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Magic are a better team than they showed in this series. It's a shame they couldn't capitalize when they had the chance too. It's not easy getting to the Finals.

It's going to be tough to beat the Lakers again next year.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #1287
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

D.J. Mbenga and Josh Powell both have rings now, oh and it looked like David Stern didn't want to be there giving the Lakers the title...you couldn't take the smile of Stern's face last year when he was giving the Celtics the title.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #1288
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
The Magic are a better team than they showed in this series. It's a shame they couldn't capitalize when they had the chance too. It's not easy getting to the Finals.

It's going to be tough to beat the Lakers again next year.
They are a better team...but I never thought they could be the Lakers in a 7 game series. The stage was too big for that team and they caused a ton of chemistry issues with their PG position. It takes a very special team to come out of nowhere and finish the run off. You usually need some heartache and etc to break through, just like the Lakers did.

I do think it could be tough for the Lakers next year but whatever assets they lose, they can recoup with guys who are talented who could maybe take less money to play with the champs.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #1289
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I watched every game up until game 4. I didn't watch a single second of the game tonight. Because there was no drama.

I hate to be the guy who's always trying to pump up hockey, but damn....night and day this year, with a clear winner.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #1290
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ true that.

Contact Me
Old 06-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #1291
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I watched a good part of game 3, got into game 4, until the non-call on Bryant...after that I didn't watch a single second.

Oh and I missed game 1 and 2.

I was in/out on the NHL finals...not a Pens or Red Wings fan, so it was tough to stomach two teams that I truly hate!!!

Instead, I was caught up watching Rangers baseball this year, which is pretty remarkable.

Last year this time, I don't think I was watch much of any sports...okay maybe soccer and politics, but that's it.

So kudos to the Rangers for getting themselves back on the Sports map!!!

As much as I hate Bryant, I probably will pay little to no attention to anything NBA...it will be up to our beloved Mavs to regain this fans attention...and that will be if they can contend for the Title, anything less and its simply frustrating...but hey that's just me.

After all, why watch something that gets you angry when the outcome is over...life's too short and until expectations on the Mavs drops or they meet those expectations...it's time to back off and gain some sanity.

And of course when Kobe is no longer in the league, then maybe I can enjoy watching the game again...My favorite non-Mav players are Lebron and Howard, but the Kobe lovefest ruins the sport, IMHO
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #1292
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I watched a good part of game 3, got into game 4, until the non-call on Bryant...after that I didn't watch a single second.

Oh and I missed game 1 and 2.

I was in/out on the NHL finals...not a Pens or Red Wings fan, so it was tough to stomach two teams that I truly hate!!!

Instead, I was caught up watching Rangers baseball this year, which is pretty remarkable.

Last year this time, I don't think I was watch much of any sports...okay maybe soccer and politics, but that's it.

So kudos to the Rangers for getting themselves back on the Sports map!!!

As much as I hate Bryant, I probably will pay little to no attention to anything NBA...it will be up to our beloved Mavs to regain this fans attention...and that will be if they can contend for the Title, anything less and its simply frustrating...but hey that's just me.

After all, why watch something that gets you angry when the outcome is over...life's too short and until expectations on the Mavs drops or they meet those expectations...it's time to back off and gain some sanity.

And of course when Kobe is no longer in the league, then maybe I can enjoy watching the game again...My favorite non-Mav players are Lebron and Howard, but the Kobe lovefest ruins the sport, IMHO

Is there anyone in the league who gets more love than LeBron (who has done nothing, by the way)? Kobe's the man.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #1293
alby
Guru

It is terrible for the league that Kobe Bryant can win a championship and people can still cheer him for it.

Contact Me
Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #1294
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody needs to bring the Lakers down a notch next season. I don't even care who it is that does it either.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #1295
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
doh..beat me to it.
haha nice

Contact Me
Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #1296
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
Somebody needs to bring the Lakers down a notch next season. I don't even care who it is that does it either.

"Why me? Why anybody?"

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #1297
Blueprint79

Blueprint79 is on a distinguished road

NBA has some pretty cool pictures of the team arriving back in Los Angeles. Check them out.
Blueprint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #1298
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Blueprint is the new Horse.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #1299
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Well it was only a matter of time after the Gasol trade. That's why I hate the Lakers. I swear the league just gives them star players. Imagine if three years ago the Mavs had gotten Paul Pierce for KVH. That's pretty much what the Gasol trade was. That kinda shit always happens to the Lakers. Like when they got James Worthy with the #1 pick when they were the defending champions.
Just thought I'd reiterate this since they (apparently) got Artest.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #1300
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

the nba season is still going on?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 piece mcnuggets, 92b anti-basketball rant, clutchbane! lol, got a bit fluffy in here, kobe may opt out, pop rockets, throwfootballoverthemmtns