Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

Don't know if anyone posted this in another thread somewhere...if so sorry.

NEW YORK, Jan. 30 -- Sacramento Kings forward Peja Stojakovic has been named by NBA Commissioner David Stern to replace Stojakovic's Kings teammate, injured West All-Star Chris Webber (sprained left ankle), on the Western Conference roster for the 2003 NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 9 in Atlanta.

Stojakovic, a reserve on last year's Western Conference team, will be making his second career NBA All-Star appearance.

The 2003 NBA All-Star Game will be broadcast in over 200 countries around the world and also on TNT, Rogers Sportsnet in Canada, NBA on ESPN RADIO and audio in several languages on NBA.com on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 8 p.m. ET.

All i can say is this blows for Finley, but the Kings do deserve to have at least 1 player at the game.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2003/stojakovic_030130.html
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< All i can say is this blows for Finley, but the Kings do deserve to have at least 1 player at the game. >>

Yeah, but the Fakers, Suns, and Rockets don't deserve to have 2 players in the game.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:06 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The exact reason Finley missed the all-star game last year was cause of injury. He missed the month of January, but he was playing unbelievable, but it was a bad time to have an injury.

That's why I don't think Peja is deserving since he missed so much time this season. But, it's harder to believe the Kings wouldn't have a player and that's why he got the nod.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

MFF I'm with you on Peja, but how about old 9 toe, Shaq? He missed as much as Fin last year and the Fakers don't deserve 2 players in the game.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

the more i hear about the rockets the more i wish raja bell broke steve francis's leg and yao ming tripped and smashed his head into a table.....but hopefuly someone will get hurt from the suns, lakers, and the rockets and then finley could get in.