Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Dallas Cowboys 2019 - Is it FINALLY Our Year?!?

This team is starting to get some positive press and is actually really looking good on paper, especially if some of the younger guys can take another step forward. Things could be hurt with Zeke's inability to keep his head on straight, but Dallas knew about that before the draft and got some insurance. Some good signings to go with a very solid roster that hopefully has a healthy All Pro Center returning and, of course, our eventual Ring of Honor Tight End...

My prediction... 11-5, Division Champs (first time in a long time being back to back) and at least a trip to the NFC Championship game. What about you guys? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Is your glass half full or half empty? Why? No matter where you are, hopefully we can all agree with this: GO COWBOYS!
Old 06-26-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Until I see Dak throw the ball consistently I can't buy in on anything more than a season that ends with at most 1 playoff win. This off season has been awful. Very minor moves and then you turn the radio to the fan and hear them spew about how Dak is the real deal he's been working on his deep ball yada yada if you aren't a believer at this point ur just hating. I mean I've been a cowboys fan since I was maybe 6yrs old. I've missed maybe 10 games since then. I'd love it if Dak was the guy, until I see it though I can't commit to anything more than what we have seen. Plus there is the extreme lack of confidence when it comes to this coaching staff and continued lack of confidence in the "gm".

I predict 10-6 and one playoff win.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:42 AM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys aren’t my team but I follow them pretty closely, being a Mavs fan and all. The hope has to be that Kellen Moore and a more creative offensive scheme /less predictable play calling will help Dak and the offense. New Orleans and how they use their running/passing should be a model. Brees only takes occasional deep shots now. Hopefully Tony Pollard can give them some Kamara-lite looks and mismatches, especially paired with Zeke.

The defense could really use another edge rusher. And better SS- that position looks decidedly mediocre with Heath, Iloka, Frazier or whoever else. Woods looks good.

I think Dallas has assembled a super talented fairly young roster. And I agree with the poster above, Garrett often looks overmatched out there.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Until I see Dak throw the ball consistently I can't buy in on anything more than a season that ends with at most 1 playoff win. This off season has been awful. Very minor moves and then you turn the radio to the fan and hear them spew about how Dak is the real deal he's been working on his deep ball yada yada if you aren't a believer at this point ur just hating. I mean I've been a cowboys fan since I was maybe 6yrs old. I've missed maybe 10 games since then. I'd love it if Dak was the guy, until I see it though I can't commit to anything more than what we have seen. Plus there is the extreme lack of confidence when it comes to this coaching staff and continued lack of confidence in the "gm".

I predict 10-6 and one playoff win.
Until Garrett and Dak are gone, the Cowboys are not worth the emotional investment. Dak can win in a pedestrian, mistake-free manner, but paired with Garrett, there will be little, if any, post-season success imo.

Last edited by turin; 10-07-2019 at 01:45 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@RapSheet: The #Cowboys are releasing WR Allen Hurns, who broke his fibula in gruesome fashion last season.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@RapSheet: The #Cowboys are releasing WR Allen Hurns, who broke his fibula in gruesome fashion last season.
feel bad for him and was surprised we brought him back in the first place

hopefully this means one of the younger WR's is stepping up and looking promising
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
This team is starting to get some positive press and is actually really looking good on paper, especially if some of the younger guys can take another step forward. Things could be hurt with Zeke's inability to keep his head on straight, but Dallas knew about that before the draft and got some insurance. Some good signings to go with a very solid roster that hopefully has a healthy All Pro Center returning and, of course, our eventual Ring of Honor Tight End...

My prediction... 11-5, Division Champs (first time in a long time being back to back) and at least a trip to the NFC Championship game. What about you guys? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Is your glass half full or half empty? Why? No matter where you are, hopefully we can all agree with this: GO COWBOYS!
Feel you. Also expecting the NFC finals at worst. Think this could be the year.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
ShermanTwiva

ShermanTwiva is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas Cowboys 2019 Is it FINALLY Our Year

I think we will see how much we missed Janmarks play making ability last year. I think he will have a great bounce back year after that bad injury

Pro
ShermanTwiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:05 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Andrew Luck

Old 08-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO Luck's fake Civil War account is pure genius.

Dearest mother —
The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm.
— Andrew

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
Underdog

158.3 RTG... The price ain't dropping, Jerry.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-09-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #12
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta say that was the best Dak has ever looked by a mile. Some was the Giants shit ass secondary of course and some was most definitely on an offense that finally doesn't have training wheels on. But Dak just looked like a real qb of a NFL passing offense finally and I am thrilled. I wanna see him do it a few more times but yesterday finally showed me one thing for sure. You can win with Dak at qb. Really hope the defense improves though because we gave up almost 500 yds of offense and I saw almost no pass rush. It looked like if the Giants wanted to they could have ran Saquan for 300 yards. In particular the D line looked horrid. I still don't know why Brown is ahead of Lewis on the depth chart at corner he looks worse and worse after a nice rookie season. And I'm so sick and tired of Jeff Heath.

Good first game though, If Dak and the passing offense under KM can look anything close to yesterday consistently then he absolutely deserves to be paid as much as Goff and Wentz.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Gotta say that was the best Dak has ever looked by a mile. Some was the Giants shit ass secondary of course and some was most definitely on an offense that finally doesn't have training wheels on. But Dak just looked like a real qb of a NFL passing offense finally and I am thrilled. I wanna see him do it a few more times but yesterday finally showed me one thing for sure. You can win with Dak at qb. Really hope the defense improves though because we gave up almost 500 yds of offense and I saw almost no pass rush. It looked like if the Giants wanted to they could have ran Saquan for 300 yards. In particular the D line looked horrid. I still don't know why Brown is ahead of Lewis on the depth chart at corner he looks worse and worse after a nice rookie season. And I'm so sick and tired of Jeff Heath.

Good first game though, If Dak and the passing offense under KM can look anything close to yesterday consistently then he absolutely deserves to be paid as much as Goff and Wentz.
Cooper/Gallup/Cobb is gonna be trouble for defenses this season... All three of them looking like #1 options right now -- the pieces are there for Dak to succeed, and he appears to be rising to the challenge.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No more Linehan is obviously the big difference. I never really doubted Dak's abilities.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:15 AM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

True story- I was having dinner at Nick & Sam's steakhouse on Maple Street just a couple of hours ago, and who do I see sitting at the table behind mine, only about five feet from me? None other than Rayne Dakota Prescott. The place was kind of dark, so I couldn't be entirely sure it was him. I stared at him for at least a minute- as covertly as I could- thinking, "whoa, that guy really looks like Dak." Scar under right eye? Check. "Mom" tattoo on his wrist, check. Then I overheard someone else at his table say something to the effect of "Dak's being silly right now." Yup. The man himself. I was freaking out, and sure enough, nobody else at my table knew or gave a sh*t who he was, because I was the only one in my group who follows football. I said to one friend, "Dude, the guy sitting behind me is the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys." The friend's response was, and I quote, "The quarterback is the important one, right?"

Made my night.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 09-10-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
158.3 RTG... The price ain't dropping, Jerry.
123.5 RTG, 2-0... Nothing to gain by waiting.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Defense was mostly trash outside of Byron Jones. Anthony Brown is turrible.

Good offense and a V is a V, but the defense will get seriously exposed against good teams if they keep playing like this.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Defense was mostly trash outside of Byron Jones. Anthony Brown is turrible.

Good offense and a V is a V, but the defense will get seriously exposed against good teams if they keep playing like this.
Did we watch the same game? The defense was solid. We completely shut down the run, and Washington’s two TD’s came #1 as a result of a Dak INT, and #2 in garbage time. We may or may not get lit up by the better offenses, but the D was fine today.

“A V is a V.....” you make it sound like it was a butt ugly 3-0 game we won at the last second. This was a blowout win against a division rival on the road. The final score is extremely misleading. The Cowboys utterly dominated this game.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 09-16-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #19
Underdog

3-0

Old 09-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I'd like to have the last 3 hours of my life back please.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #21
Underdog

Welp.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Remember when people thought this year would be different? Good times.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #23
Underdog

The best game I saw today was literally a scrimmage.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm all about the Mavs being the team to watch in Dallas.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #25
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Until Garrett and Dak are gone, the Cowboys are not worth the emotional investment. Dak can win in a pedestrian, mistake-free manner, but paired with Garrett, there will be little, if any, post-season success imo.
<cough> <cough>
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
<cough> <cough>
It really is more than just them though. Cowboys don't play disciplined football and haven't for the last 20 years minus a season or two under Parcels. All stems from the top I'm afraid.

But yes, the Garrett years have been a tremendous waste of everybody's time. I still think there is some relative hope for Dak, but Garrett should NEVER have been the coach in the first place.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #27
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Can we please fire Garrett after the game already? Hell can we do it at halftime?

I know it won't solve anything because Jerruh still owns the team and thinks he's a GM but.... Good Lord this is such a punchline of a team.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The Garrett hire will go down as one of NFL's greatest historical blunders, and it's all because of Jerry Jones.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #29
Underdog

Thank goodness the Mavs season starts soon.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #30
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
Nightmare fuel.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://twitter.com/DFWLANDSHARK/sta...20536372088832

Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

It would so be the Cowboys to lose this game...

Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It would so be the Cowboys to lose this game...
Hooooold myyyyy beeeeeeer.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Cowboys tackling or lack thereof is really what will keep them from being a serious team.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #36
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Dline got exposed against rams in playoffs. We did nothing to try and fix it and this is what happens. OL of good teams are constantly getting to our lb's in second level and gashing us.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:08 PM   #37
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dline got exposed against rams in playoffs. We did nothing to try and fix it and this is what happens. OL of good teams are constantly getting to our lb's in second level and gashing us.
yup we getting run over
Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #38
Scoobay
Golden Member

and on offense we can't run worth anything either... sad
Old 11-10-2019, 11:16 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Why on earth would you run it twice in a row when the running game has been crap. Terrible. Garrett should be fired on that alone.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #40
Underdog

I'm done with this team until Garrett is fired... Fuck it, go Pats!