Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Wilkens now owns most wins and losses
April 1, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

Lenny Wilkens ties Bill Fitch for most career losses.(AP)
Wilkens tied the NBA record for most career coaching losses, going down to defeat for the 1,106th time Tuesday night as Richard Hamilton scored 20 points and Ben Wallace had 20 rebounds to lead the Detroit Pistons past the Toronto Raptors 92-85.

Wilkens, already the winningest coach in league history with 1,291 victories, tied Bill Fitch's record. Wilkens is in his 30th year as an NBA coach, whereas Fitch coached for 25 seasons.

"If you coach long enough that's what happens. It's not really a big thing," said a somber Wilkens, who clearly didn't want to talk about it. "I've been around a long time and have been successful, and with success that kind of thing comes."

Wilkens, who has one year remaining on his contract but whose coaching future is nonetheless in jeopardy, will break the record if the Raptors lose to the Pistons in a rematch Wednesday night.

"I didn't really know about it," said Carter, who had 20 points. "I don't even know what the record is."
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2003, 06:44 AM   #2
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Coaching in the east will get you some records to savour, but a lot you can't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

A great coach with the hawks. Maybe the game has past him by.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote