Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-09-2021, 11:09 PM   #481
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Shout out to Deleon Wright tonight

Dude out played both Harden and Kyrie.

He's been pretty darn solid for Detroit and Casey has him playing to his strengths, getting in the paint and working well next Wayne Ellington.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2021, 11:48 PM   #482
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Richie Whitt is a writer. Whitt’s End is his column from which that was copy and pasted.
Calling Richie Whitt a writer is little strong. He's like Mike Fisher - someone who has done it a long time but who isn't particularly good at it
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:47 PM   #483
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas's pre-season plan of adding athletic tough wing defenders is down to Josh Ricardson Eyes

- Green, Bey in the G-League
- Iwundu, Johnson not in the rotation

Iztok Franko
@iztok_franko
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:40 AM   #484
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

LOL

Good Ol'Rick thinks this team is too good to give his young players any PT in the big leagues.

It might hurt their playoff chances if these young guys are making mistakes on defense LOL

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/2...ake-city-stars
When the Mavericks drafted Green, Carlisle referred to him as a “ready to go 3-and-D guy” with the potential to crack the rotation. That hasn’t quite panned out and that’s why Green is heading to the G League.

“He’s a hard worker, he does good things, he’s going to be a terrific player,” Carlisle said. “But right now, [Tyrell] Terry, [Nate] Hinton and Bey are having good learning experiences and good playing experiences in the G League. For me, right now, this makes a lot of sense.”
Old 02-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #485
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
LOL

Good Ol'Rick thinks this team is too good to give his young players any PT in the big leagues.

It might hurt their playoff chances if these young guys are making mistakes on defense LOL

When the Mavericks drafted Green, Carlisle referred to him as a “ready to go 3-and-D guy” with the potential to crack the rotation. That hasn’t quite panned out and that’s why Green is heading to the G League.

“He’s a hard worker, he does good things, he’s going to be a terrific player,” Carlisle said. “But right now, [Tyrell] Terry, [Nate] Hinton and Bey are having good learning experiences and good playing experiences in the G League. For me, right now, this makes a lot of sense.”
This would make perfect sense IF our rotation guys were playing good defense or at least making strides towards it. There is no proof of that.

I'd say that we are kings of sunk cost. We are in a bad position in the playoff race when you look at the quality of ball we have played. It's erratic and we don't have the ability to lock down defensively. Best bet is to hope our offense catches fire and maybe some other frings teams have covid complications. But at this point we are probably the only team to have to press forward with a handful of players instead of canceling/postponing games.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-18-2021 at 10:24 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #486
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
My hot take?

KP just isn't very good. Career 36% shooter from three. No post-game to speak of. Not much driving game. Poor spot-up shooter. Not a strong rebounder considering he's 7'3"

Seems like he's a guy like Dwight Howard that people think is a star, but he's never shown much more than the potential to be a starter.
Out of all of those things, my biggest gripe is his glaringly shit defense. Its borderline slow Dirk in his last couple years, except Dirk was 40 and still giving effort.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #487
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
LOL

Weird how all those other teams with better records and defensive stats can get their young guys meaningful PT. So weird.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:20 PM   #488
Super B

Super B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Fire Carlisle?

I was having a polite discussion with some clueless spare YouTuber who said Carlisle is a Hall of Fame coach. I nearly fell off my chair. This (below) is what I wrote.

Carlisle has been the HC for the Mavs for 12 seasons (11 full seasons, this is the 12th now). Eight of those seasons his teams made the playoffs. Twice, let me repeat two times, his teams have made it past the first round. Season one (08-09), in Dirk’s peak, they went to the second round (4-1 over SA, 1-4 lost to DEN). Then they won the championship in 2011. Then the geniuses who are Cuban, Donnie and Carlisle dismantled the team. Would they have won another title? Maybe not, but we never got to find out what that group could have done the next season.

After the championship, the Mavs have made the playoffs five times and been ousted in the first round all five times. Is that a HOF coach, or just a guy with some longevity? Clearly without question, outside of one championship season, his best days were early in his career in the Eastern Conference with Detroit and especially Indy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2314CC4A-887F-407B-9745-AF628E1349F8.jpg (93.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg B2BB15EA-2A1A-4AC2-B188-375971551034.jpg (49.2 KB, 1 views)

Super B

Last edited by Super B; 02-18-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Super B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #489
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super B View Post
I was having a polite discussion with some clueless spare YouTuber who said Carlisle is a Hall of Fame coach. I nearly fell off my chair. This (below) is what I wrote.

Carlisle has been the HC for the Mavs for 12 seasons (11 full seasons, this is the 12th now). Eight of those seasons his teams made the playoffs. Twice, let me repeat two times, his teams have made it past the first round. Season one (08-09), in Dirk’s peak, they went to the second round (4-1 over SA, 1-4 lost to DEN). Then they won the championship in 2011. Then the geniuses who are Cuban, Donnie and Carlisle dismantled the team. Would they have won another title? Maybe not, but we never got to find out what that group could have done the next season.

After the championship, the Mavs have made the playoffs five times and been ousted in the first round all five times. Is that a HOF coach, or just a guy with some longevity? Clearly without question, outside of one championship season, his best days were early in his career in the Eastern Conference with Detroit and especially Indy.
Are you trying to argue that Rick isn’t a HOF coach? I’d fall out of my chair if someone tried to argue that he wasn’t.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:38 AM   #490
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@caliecaplan

On
@1053thefan
just now, Rick Carlisle said he doesn't see a big man/rebounder as a pressing trade-deadline pursuit, but "You know Mark and Donnie. These guys are gunslingers. They're riverboat gamblers, and they're ready to talk about anything that would get the team better."
Old 02-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #491
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Default RC on current Mavs roster (Don't need a rebounding big)

Callie Caplan
@CallieCaplan
·
22h
On
@1053thefan
just now, Rick Carlisle said he doesn't see a big man/rebounder as a pressing trade-deadline pursuit, but "You know Mark and Donnie. These guys are gunslingers. They're riverboat gamblers, and they're ready to talk about anything that would get the team better."
Old 02-20-2021, 09:01 PM   #492
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Tell me. Should the Mavericks sign him? You know who I am talking about.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:10 PM   #493
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Tell me. Should the Mavericks sign him? You know who I am talking about.
Sure. But why would he come here with zero chances of a title.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:27 PM   #494
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sure. But why would he come here with zero chances of a title.
So no chance with Rick as head coach you're saying?
Old 02-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #495
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
So no chance with Rick as head coach you're saying?
Bingo!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #496
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Bingo!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How is that a coaching problem, and not a roster/FO problem? Are you really saying if only we had a different HC, THIS roster would be in championship contention????
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #497
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs had an 8 days break and we have 6 more games before the All Star break (MEM, BOS, PHI, BKN, ORL, OKC). I hope we can win 4 out of the next 6 and end the first half of the season at 17-17.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #498
Super B

Super B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the roughSuper B is a jewel in the rough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Are you trying to argue that Rick isn’t a HOF coach? I’d fall out of my chair if someone tried to argue that he wasn’t.
I know he is a HOF coach, partly because of low standards and mostly because he has a championship and has been a coach in this league for a long time. Without the championship though, he has only had minor success.

Super B

Super B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:28 PM   #499
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super B View Post
I know he is a HOF coach, partly because of low standards and mostly because he has a championship and has been a coach in this league for a long time. Without the championship though, he has only had minor success.
Yeah I was gonna say....I honestly don't think he's a HOF coach. If Popovich, Phil Jackson, etc. are HOF coaches....I don't consider him one but the standards are so low..I guess he could be considered one.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #500
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah I was gonna say....I honestly don't think he's a HOF coach. If Popovich, Phil Jackson, etc. are HOF coaches....I don't consider him one but the standards are so low..I guess he could be considered one.
He is undoubtedly a HOF coach.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:29 AM   #501
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

And the title defense season was kinda like this one. Only 66 games - lots of back to backs and 4 games in a week

The Mavs were an OLD team and it would have been almost impossible to win it again considering the circumstances

I'm surprised the NBA didn't investigate the Odom trade. He "passes" all these drug tests while on the Lakers and then the Lakers unloaded damaged goods to the Mavs
Old 02-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #502
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

rest of the schedule was just released...
Bobby Karalla@bobbykaralla
- 10 back-to-backs
- 14 games on national TV including NBATV
- 11 of first 16 on the road followed by eight out of nine at home
- 2-gm sets against Clippers, Blazers, Lakers, and an old-fashioned home-and-home against Cleveland
- End season at Minnesota on May 16
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #503
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hottest teams in the West over the last 10
Suns 8-2
Jazz 8-2
Mavs 7-3
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #504
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
This.
It had nothing to do with “the grid”. It was the plants.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:12 PM   #505
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this in the "Mavs get Porzingis" thread, but I figured it's worth posting here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
For all the talk about firing Carlisle and how utterly horrible and incompetent Cuban and Donnie are, and we're going to lose Luka because of their incompetence... I honestly think almost everything negative about the Mavs' prospects can be traced back to Porzingis.

A few weeks ago, the Mavs seemed like they were in freefall, and it seemed like Carlisle has lost the team. I said then that if things didn't improve soon, it might be time to move on. But guess what? Things improved. The Mavs have won 7 of their last 9 games, and morale seems to be infinitely better. You can't tell me coaching has nothing to do with this. Yes, Luka carries the team on his back, but Carlisle must be doing something right also.

As for the roster problems and the team being lousy outside of Luka... well, again, I feel like it comes back to Porzingis not being the guy we need him to be. We can complain about how horrible it was for the Mavs to have made the trade for KP in the first place, but that's totally revisionist. Everyone on this forum and in the entire basketball world thought at the time that it was a genius move for the Mavs and yet another idiotic disaster for the Knicks. We gave up two draft picks, and a guy who didn't fit with Luka, wasn't part of our long terms plans, and has pretty much washed out of the NBA entirely. The KP trade was NOT seen as some high-risk, swing-for-the-fences, all-in type of deal. Quite the opposite. It seemed incredibly low risk at the time. Signing KP to the max in retrospect seems like a disaster, but again, not so at the time.

I'm not saying the MBT has done some kind of amazing job- the Josh Green pick looks like a waste- but they've hardly been terrible either. The truth is, building an NBA title contender is really frigging hard, and requires a LOT of good luck. The Mavs, sadly, ran into some really bad luck with Porzingis.
The nadir of the season was arguably on Feb. 4 when the Mavs lost to Golden State by an embarrassing 31, after only just coming off of a six game losing streak. The season seemed to be a complete disaster and the entire organization outside of Luka looked like it needed to be on the chopping block. Since then, the Mavs have won 8 of their last 10 games. The Mavs are still nowhere near title contenders, but at least they're not embarrassing themselves either. I do think they'll end up making the playoffs at least.

This is bad news for anyone hoping for Carlisle to get fired. He aint going nowhere.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:22 PM   #506
MFFL
Guru

If I was hoping for anyone to be replaced it would be Donnie

Other than acquiring Luka (which was only possible by an absolute brain fart by the Kings), he really hasn't done much to improve the team

At this point we should be acquiring multiple 3&D guys to surround Luka/KP. But this offseason seemed to consist of erasing the PREVIOUS offseason
Old 03-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #507
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
If I was hoping for anyone to be replaced it would be Donnie

Other than acquiring Luka (which was only possible by an absolute brain fart by the Kings), he really hasn't done much to improve the team

At this point we should be acquiring multiple 3&D guys to surround Luka/KP. But this offseason seemed to consist of erasing the PREVIOUS offseason
Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but he sadly hasn't been.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:41 PM   #508
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but he sadly hasn't been.
Yeah. I was hoping he'd be better. But I was also hoping we'd use the MLE on another guy too

Burke and WCS could have gotten minimum deals or moved on - I'd rather have had Crowder
Old 03-01-2021, 10:44 PM   #509
MFFL
Guru

And the fact we traded for Johnson got me hopeful too. But JJ seems to have very little left in the tank

These missteps are why I wouldn't mind seeing Donnie replaced
Old 03-01-2021, 11:06 PM   #510
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Only three teams have an easier schedule to finish the year.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:17 PM   #511
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Only three teams have an easier schedule to finish the year.
That’s great

The early schedule was horrible
Old 03-02-2021, 03:23 AM   #512
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It wasn't any one thing. It was EVERYTHING. It was a complete lack of preparation on every single level for freezing cold. In that sense, it had everything to do with the grid.
It was solely that the power plants couldn't produce enough power, because they weren't equipped to handle the temperatures. I mean, they could have let us know that, because they obviously saw this coming one to two weeks before it happened, but there wasn't time to winterize the plants at that point. What is meant by EVERYTHING?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:27 AM   #513
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
And the fact we traded for Johnson got me hopeful too. But JJ seems to have very little left in the tank

These missteps are why I wouldn't mind seeing Donnie replaced
I think Johnson was more about getting out of DWs contract and adding some veteran toughness to the team more than anything. Can’t blame Donnie for that move because it could become a net benefit by TDL.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:06 AM   #514
puneet32

puneet32 is on a distinguished road

nice post
Old 03-02-2021, 11:23 AM   #515
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

Well, i think Green and T Bey look like very promising 3&D guys. Green did well in limited minutes in the NBA during covid issues, and he was just starting to get comfortable on offense, but clearly was on a short leash. Obviously, its just G league, but give those guys an offseason, and I am guessing they should get some minutes. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them get minutes when they return, as they look better than Burke, Powell, and JJ. But sadly, RC would rather crash and burn with vets, than play these guys. So, maybe Donnie needs a bit of credit for drafting these guys. Its early, but they seem to be doing well. Hopefully, we don't send them off in a trade for some over the hill vet and a bag of chips.

Last edited by VA-Mavs-Fan; 03-02-2021 at 11:29 AM.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #516
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mavs-Fan View Post
Well, i think Green and T Bey look like very promising 3&D guys. Green did well in limited minutes in the NBA during covid issues, and he was just starting to get comfortable on offense, but clearly was on a short leash. Obviously, its just G league, but give those guys an offseason, and I am guessing they should get some minutes. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them get minutes when they return, as they look better than Burke, Powell, and JJ. But sadly, RC would rather crash and burn with vets, than play these guys. So, maybe Donnie needs a bit of credit for drafting these guys. Its early, but they seem to be doing well. Hopefully, we don't send them off in a trade for some over the hill vet and a bag of chips.
This is my fear as well. We trade them both with Johnson for a mummified Gallo or equivalent. I really hope we keep our rookies at least another year to get a longer look and see what we really have. I could see Green being a rotation guy next season and Bey getting spot minutes in a James Johnson sort of role.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:14 PM   #517
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

In the wake of Gov. Abbott’s removal of the mask mandate and “opening Texas 100%,” effective March 10, the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars say they will not make any changes to their current protocols and capacities. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told WFAA, “Nothing will change. We will continue to follow NBA and city protocols.” –
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:02 PM   #518
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
In the wake of Gov. Abbott’s removal of the mask mandate and “opening Texas 100%,” effective March 10, the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars say they will not make any changes to their current protocols and capacities. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told WFAA, “Nothing will change. We will continue to follow NBA and city protocols.” –
Gonna cost millions in revenue but it’s the right call
Old 03-02-2021, 10:27 PM   #519
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

https://mobile.twitter.com/MavsPR/st...33418550956033

Green and Bey doing great for SL g league
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #520
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Gonna cost millions in revenue but it’s the right call
You are correct especially in light of the fact that Governor Abbott and his fellow Texan GOP are morons with respect to even an iota of basic science knowledge. Governor Abbott and former Governor Perry will never be accused of splitting an atom.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote