Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2022, 07:56 AM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Game Day Thread - Game 5 Mavs @ Suns 9:00 PM

Ok everybody. This is going to be a tough one but we broke their spell on us and now it's time to get it done at their place. We still have an outside chance to close them out in 6 if we keep the pedal to the metal. Let's cross our fingers that the refs are on their A-Game.

Attack!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2022, 08:36 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

538 gives the Suns a 71% chance of winning

Gonna have ti defy the odds

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-10-2022 at 08:36 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #3
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
538 gives the Suns a 71% chance of winning

Gonna have ti defy the odds
Six days ago, the Mavs left Phoenix with the chants of "Suns in four" ringing in their ears. Here's hoping those chants go down in history next to the Dallas premature victory parade plans of 2006.

In reality, the likelihood of all of our 3 and d guys getting hot at the same time, two games in a row is very low. But the Mavs won the majority of their games with only one or two of them shooting a reasonable percentage.

What I like is that the Mavs have shown multiple ways to win. Luka can dominate, but we can win instead with Brunson leading a faster offense, or because Maxi or Bertans has caught fire. Its a lot of things for the Suns to game plan against.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

LFG!!! MFFL!!!!!

I thought we were getting swept. I was too used to the disappointment of our soft-ass teams of years past. We are for real. LFG.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #5
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Play off Luka still has not shown up.
Let the gods be merciful with the Suns if he shows up.
I order a 40 point triple double with low TO.

Think about Spencer finding his game.

Keep the Suns in foul triple with penetration!

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 05-10-2022 at 11:15 AM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:53 AM   #6
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

It should not be such a surprize that the Mavs are 2-2 with the Suns. PHX may have the best record for the season, but since 2022 started, they are only 2 wins better than Dallas. They went 37-10, while Dallas did 35-12. Since the Porzings trade, the Mavs were actually a half game better than the Mavs, going 19-7 compared to the Suns 19-8.

Much is made of how good Chris Paul and the Suns are in clutch time. But, again, season stats are deceptive. The 2021 Mavs sucked in clutch time, winning only 3 of 14 such games. But after that, Dallas played 24 clutch games and won 19.

I understand why the Suns are favored. They have 3 all-stars, one of whom is a top 75 all time player. They also have the coach of the year, a DPOY candidate and a 6th man candidate. Luka is probably the only Mavs player good enough to start for PHX. But, in 2011, Dirk was the only Mavs player who could have started for the Miami LeBrons. And we know how that turned out. Sometimes a team is better than its collection of parts would indicate. No one knows that better than Jason Kidd.

No one will be shocked if the Mavs lose the next two. But they could win 2 of 3, and shock the world. Again.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:30 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I smell an overtime game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:40 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This one has a good chance of being chippy. I desperately want to have them coming to Dallas to try to avoid elimination.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:45 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are the first team to give the Suns two straight losses in the playoffs since last season when they went up 2-0 on the Bucks and lost the series in 6.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #10
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

May CP3 never win a ring.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This one has a good chance of being chippy. I desperately want to have them coming to Dallas to try to avoid elimination.
I think it's pretty much guaranteed to be a chippy game. I just hope that the coaching staff finally decides to not start Powell so as to avoid digging an early hole. As important as Luka and even Brunson are, things will bode well if we can get at least 2 of 4 of DFS, Maxi, Bertans, Bullock shooting well.

Hopefully, this is a fun game. If it's close, it'll be rough on the nerves for me. I've got PTSD from all of the 4th qtr end of game meltdowns the last several years. :-O

Last edited by turin; 05-10-2022 at 02:47 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:08 PM   #12
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
It should not be such a surprize that the Mavs are 2-2 with the Suns. PHX may have the best record for the season, but since 2022 started, they are only 2 wins better than Dallas. They went 37-10, while Dallas did 35-12. Since the Porzings trade, the Mavs were actually a half game better than the Mavs, going 19-7 compared to the Suns 19-8.

Much is made of how good Chris Paul and the Suns are in clutch time. But, again, season stats are deceptive. The 2021 Mavs sucked in clutch time, winning only 3 of 14 such games. But after that, Dallas played 24 clutch games and won 19.

I understand why the Suns are favored. They have 3 all-stars, one of whom is a top 75 all time player. They also have the coach of the year, a DPOY candidate and a 6th man candidate. Luka is probably the only Mavs player good enough to start for PHX. But, in 2011, Dirk was the only Mavs player who could have started for the Miami LeBrons. And we know how that turned out. Sometimes a team is better than its collection of parts would indicate. No one knows that better than Jason Kidd.

No one will be shocked if the Mavs lose the next two. But they could win 2 of 3, and shock the world. Again.
Man, you might be right on the 1 player could start for the Suns. But DFS is certainly making his case. Would be tough to start over Bridges, but he could easily nudge Crowder to the bench depending on their size want/need at the 4. But with Ayton at the 5 and DFS's ability to guard 1-5 (and also eff Crowder), he would be my choice.

But your point still stands either way!
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:09 PM   #13
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Also...LFG MAVS

Would love nothing more than to see Chris Paul walking off the Mavs court after losing in 6. Point God my ass. Just give him all the unwanted hugs tonight.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:22 PM   #14
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Also...LFG MAVS

Would love nothing more than to see Chris Paul walking off the Mavs court after losing in 6. Point God my ass. Just give him all the unwanted hugs tonight.
Agree. After game 2 you would have thought he was going for his 5th championship in 6 years or something never mind the fact he has presided over 4 teams that had 2 and 0 leads in the playoffs then went on to lose. May this be his 5th such team.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:40 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I want to win a championship, but if we beat the Suns then I wouldn't care if we got swept next round. THAT is how badly I want to beat Chris Paul.

GO MAVS!!!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I want to win a championship, but if we beat the Suns then I wouldn't care if we got swept next round. THAT is how badly I want to beat Chris Paul.

GO MAVS!!!
I still think we are a piece away from a chip, maybe two pieces, but I want it all at this point. I'd be upset if we managed to beat this Suns team and fell face first in the next series. We are half way to the promise land bruh.

Go Mamwicks!

Old 05-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I think it's pretty much guaranteed to be a chippy game. I just hope that the coaching staff finally decides to not start Powell so as to avoid digging an early hole. As important as Luka and even Brunson are, things will bode well if we can get at least 2 of 4 of DFS, Maxi, Bertans, Bullock shooting well.

Hopefully, this is a fun game. If it's close, it'll be rough on the nerves for me. I've got PTSD from all of the 4th qtr end of game meltdowns the last several years. :-O
Same here, I didn't call last game good until around 1:47 min mark. We've been burned too many times.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #18
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets. Go. Mavs!
CP is shaken and the pressure is on. Mr. Bullock is all in. Will CP fold?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:06 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god Reggie miller…

Key to winning: are the other guys gonna step up on the road like at home?
Old 05-10-2022, 09:07 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a horrible call on Ayton.

Powell is a joke in this series
Old 05-10-2022, 09:10 PM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

Okay Dorian!
Old 05-10-2022, 09:11 PM   #22
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Gtfoh CP3. So sick of him flopping around like he’s been shot.

Last edited by BPo001; 05-10-2022 at 09:11 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:13 PM   #23
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Solid start. Still not sure why Powell is starting outside of just not burning out Maxi with too many minutes.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:14 PM   #24
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Gtfoh CP3. So sick of him flopping around like he’s been shot.
I don't even think Powell knew what was happening there and got called for a foul. I say we match their flopping.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 PM   #25
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Crowder got shook. Not sure why he put his hands up in the air. He fouled the shit outta Luka.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #26
BPo001
Diamond Member

Great no call by the ref. Booker lost that n his own.

Last edited by BPo001; 05-10-2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:22 PM   #27
Melonhead
Guru

Booker is such a bitch
Old 05-10-2022, 09:27 PM   #28
BPo001
Diamond Member

Luka needs to not take that shot with that much time on the clock.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:28 PM   #29
Melonhead
Guru

Such a wasted possession when it’s just Luka dribbling for a fade 3
Old 05-10-2022, 09:31 PM   #30
Melonhead
Guru

Luka chill
Old 05-10-2022, 09:33 PM   #31
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Luka started off hot but really cooled off those last 4 minutes.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #32
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Luka chill
Exactly. He's pressing way too much.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #33
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Wow what a horrible call on Ayton.

Powell is a joke in this series
LOL

Powell has been a joke in all 3 of his playoff series vs the Clippers, Jazz and Suns

He's been almost unplayable in every single matchup
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #34
Melonhead
Guru

DinWiddie smh
Old 05-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #35
BPo001
Diamond Member

Offensive rebounds keeping PHX in the game.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:39 PM   #36
Melonhead
Guru

CP is really trying to argue he’s in the shooting motion on the other side of half court
Old 05-10-2022, 09:39 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Dinwiddie god awful
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:42 PM   #38
turin
Diamond Member

Attaboy Bertans.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:51 PM   #39
BPo001
Diamond Member

How do the refs miss that push off by Booker?!
Old 05-10-2022, 09:52 PM   #40
JTmoney2424

Bullock can’t hit anything tonight