Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-22-2022, 09:04 AM   #201
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Word on the street is Philly is looking to create space for PJ Tucker. Do we have any interest in Thybulle or Danny Green with our TPE?
Old 06-22-2022, 10:23 AM   #202
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Word on the street is Philly is looking to create space for PJ Tucker. Do we have any interest in Thybulle or Danny Green with our TPE?
Unfortunately Stein reported a few days ago that the Mavs are unlikely to use their TPE. Which pisses me off. I really hope that's not the case.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:38 AM   #203
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the Grizzlies would entertain a trade for Steven Adams. They viewed him as almost unplayable in the playoffs and he will be on an expiring contract next year. I am thinking Powell + Josh Green. Adams would be the back-up to Wood and this trade would free up another roster spot. The rumors that the Mavs might try to add Dragic makes me think that another roster spot would be advantageous (assuming they bring back Pinson), and I think that Kidd could figure out a way to utilize Adams' strengths as an enforcer. The Grizzlies might consider this as a way to move on from Adams, pick up a back-up center that they could re-sign for a lower salary in 2023-2024 (and beyond), and attempt to develop a 3 and D wing with Green.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #204
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I wonder if the Grizzlies would entertain a trade for Steven Adams. They viewed him as almost unplayable in the playoffs and he will be on an expiring contract next year. I am thinking Powell + Josh Green. Adams would be the back-up to Wood and this trade would free up another roster spot. The rumors that the Mavs might try to add Dragic makes me think that another roster spot would be advantageous (assuming they bring back Pinson), and I think that Kidd could figure out a way to utilize Adams' strengths as an enforcer. The Grizzlies might consider this as a way to move on from Adams, pick up a back-up center that they could re-sign for a lower salary in 2023-2024 (and beyond), and attempt to develop a 3 and D wing with Green.
I'd MUCH rather keep Josh Green. He's our only first round pick in like 5 years. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #205
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We don't need three shooting after getting Wood. THJ, Wood, Brunson, Luka, DFS, Bullock, and Maxi can all shoot them in some form or another. That means getting a tweener playmaking wing should be rather easy.
Agreed. I'd rather have a guy who can create with the dribble than shoot 3s. Preferably with some defense.

I've been a TJ Warren fan for a while. He should be pretty cheap considering his 2 foot injuries and it could be a buy low situation for a back up. When healthy, he is better than anything we could roll out as a wing.

Similar for Tyreke, he can create off the dribble and should be very cheap.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:16 AM   #206
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd only be interested in PJ for the TPE. Green and Thybulle can't do anything off the dribble. Both solid defenders but it's more of the same high reliance on others to handle the ball and generate offense.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #207
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Green is our Thybulle so pass unless we move Green. Thybulle is also very overrated.

I'm not sure Danny Green even plays next season after that injury.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:29 PM   #208
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

What if the 76ers threw in the 23rd pick for us taking on Danny Green?
Old 06-22-2022, 05:11 PM   #209
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I've seen that idea floated around quite a bit, and I would do that in a heartbeat. It remains to be seen how far Cuban is willing to go into the luxury tax just to get a draft pick.

For whatever this is worth (and I don't think it's worth much,) the Athletic just reported that the Mavs are looking to get into the late first round or early second round- specifically the Mavs are apparently interested in Trevor Keels out of Duke.

https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/s...htmode%3Dfalse
Old 06-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #210
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought the same and posted something about it in the draft thread before I edited it. Greens contract isn?t guaranteed if he is released before July 1, so they could just release him and keep their 1st couldnt they?

I don?t know the ins and outs of how contracts/salary caps work, but I assume Philly can just release Green and his co tract is off the books.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:40 AM   #211
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I thought the same and posted something about it in the draft thread before I edited it. Greens contract isn?t guaranteed if he is released before July 1, so they could just release him and keep their 1st couldnt they?

I don?t know the ins and outs of how contracts/salary caps work, but I assume Philly can just release Green and his co tract is off the books.
Ahh didn't realize that. You're correct, he likely gets waived.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:16 PM   #212
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
5m
ESPN Sources: If Kyrie Irving can?t reach an agreement to stay with Brooklyn, he has a list of teams he?d like them to consider on sign-and-trades, including Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Heat, Mavs and 76ers. None of those teams have cap space to sign him without Nets? help.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:01 PM   #213
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

I'd trade Dimwiddle back to his first team and filler for Kyrie. That's probably as good as we can offer if we're not offering Brunson in a sign and trade. But since Brunson wants to be in Dallas I don't see that happening.

But with Cuban's stance on the vaccine Kyrie would have to get it to come here. So probably mark us out.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-23-2022 at 05:03 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:16 PM   #214
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
I'd trade Dimwiddle back to his first team and filler for Kyrie. That's probably as good as we can offer if we're not offering Brunson in a sign and trade. But since Brunson wants to be in Dallas I don't see that happening.

But with Cuban's stance on the vaccine Kyrie would have to get it to come here. So probably mark us out.
Does Kyrie still want to play NBA basketball?

Old 06-23-2022, 05:31 PM   #215
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Even IF we could make a trade work for Kyrie, and I'm skeptical we could... no thanks. Hard pass on a guy who A: seems completely disinterested in basketball and could retire at any moment, and B: alienates absolutely everyone around him and brings misery and dysfunction everywhere he goes.

Kyrie is in same category as Westbrook for me. I don't care how talented they are or what they've accomplished in the past. They are both cancers that I want nowhere near my team.

My god, if you thought Porzingis was a risky, all-in type of move, just imagine trading multiple players for Kyrie. Even in an absolute best case scenario, where Kyrie is 100% invested and healthy and actually plays basketball at a high level consistently, the on-court fit with Luka is not good.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-23-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:26 PM   #216
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

He's made so much money there's speculation he could take the 6 million dollar tax payer exception from the Lakers.

If Kyrie opts out and leaves then most likely KD will want a trade.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-23-2022 at 06:30 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:24 PM   #217
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
He's made so much money there's speculation he could take the 6 million dollar tax payer exception from the Lakers.

If Kyrie opts out and leaves then most likely KD will want a trade.
Part of me says let KD rot in Brooklyn. The other part of me says Cuban/Nico need to bring KD to Dallas.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:24 PM   #218
SMC0007
Guru

Mavs Twitter in shambles again as NYK clears more space and trades #11. Lol

Old 06-23-2022, 09:53 PM   #219
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Part of me says let KD rot in Brooklyn. The other part of me says Cuban/Nico need to bring KD to Dallas.
I seriously doubt there's any way the Mavs could make it happen, but if you can get Kevin Durant, then you ab-so-f*cking-lutely get Kevin Durant.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:31 PM   #220
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Per Woj:

The Kings are trading No. 37 to the Mavericks for two future second-round picks, source tells ESPN. Dallas is focused on Jaden Hardy with pick.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:31 PM   #221
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Per Woj:

The Kings are trading No. 37 to the Mavericks for two future second-round picks, source tells ESPN. Dallas is focused on Jaden Hardy with pick.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:32 PM   #222
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Man, Nico...

Old 06-23-2022, 10:46 PM   #223
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Man, Nico...
Yeah, I have no idea if this Hardy kid can play in the NBA, but he looked pretty good in the g-league from what I've seen on youtube. He probably won't contribute next season, but let him develop for a year and see what happens.

Either way, I just love how aggressive Nico is.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:56 PM   #224
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yeah, I have no idea if this Hardy kid can play in the NBA, but he looked pretty good in the g-league from what I've seen on youtube. He probably won't contribute next season, but let him develop for a year and see what happens.

Either way, I just love how aggressive Nico is.
Dude has potential if he keeps working. Guy can get buckets. Was the #2 recruit coming out of high school, so there?s talent there.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:56 PM   #225
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

His stock started to fall but there was a point that no way he falls to 26. SUcks we had to give up two seconds though when everyone else traded a 2nd and first for similar value.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:10 PM   #226
tap2390
Diamond Member

I like the pick. He plays a lot like Jordan Poole.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:21 PM   #227
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

Man, I don't post often. But you get a starting top 15 or so center in the league and a guy that could have been lottery from what I've read last year, and NJ at 23 was one projected take this year, out of this draft. Not bad. Not had at all.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #228
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

All we really need now is a bruiser-type center.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:25 AM   #229
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
All we really need now is a bruiser-type center.
Give Kofi cockburn a ring?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:21 AM   #230
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cost seems steep to trade two seconds for one but our seconds are probably 50-60 and thats really how draft value works. Imagine if we were the other team and traded the 30-something pick that was Brunson for a 55 and a 60 pick that are unlikely to be anything

I?m not super high on the guy we got. Even in gleague he struggled to make good decisions and score efficiently but if scouting and coach likes him, he was first round talent. Last time we grabbed a first round talent in the second cut was Brunson. If he washes out, it only cost us two picks that had even worse odds of succeeding

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-24-2022 at 02:38 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:26 AM   #231
liqwidhalo

liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about

Kai Sotto went undrafted and is available.
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:51 AM   #232
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Cost seems steep to trade two seconds for one but our seconds are probably 50-60 and thats really how draft value works. Imagine if we were the other team and traded the 30-something pick that was Brunson for a 55 and a 60 pick that are unlikely to be anything

I?m not super high on the guy we got. Even in gleague he struggled to make good decisions and score efficiently but if scouting and coach likes him, he was first round talent. Last time we grabbed a first round talent in the second cut was Brunson. If he washes out, it only cost us two picks that had even worse odds of succeeding
Apparently the Mavs had him like 19th on their draft board, so it's very likely if they had kept #26, they would have selected him anyway. If that's true, then that basically means we got Christian Wood for salary filler and didn't even lose our pick. The glass is definitely half full when you think of it that way. Either way, I imagine the Mavs made the move because they liked him specifically. I don't think they would have made a trade just for the sake of it.

Yes, he was inconsistent in the g-league, but it's important to note that he didn't go to college. He jumped right to the g-league out of high school, where ESPN ranked him the #2 prospect in his entire draft class. Jumping right from high school to the g-league is an extreme adjustment. So by all accounts it looks like he has a ton of talent and physical ability, but he's still very, very raw. It'll probably be at least a year before he is able to contribute. But this is what great teams do- find value with their late round picks and undrafted free agents. Stash them in the g-league or overseas for a year while they develop, and then before you know it, you have a valuable piece of the puzzle. Seems like he's potentially very high reward for very low risk.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:22 AM   #233
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Plus we?ve been spending so much on now guys that it?s easy to forget that good teams are always developing guys like Jordan Poole
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:11 AM   #234
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAZlre9-BQ
Old 06-24-2022, 07:56 AM   #235
BPo001
Diamond Member

Mavs have signed Jalen Lecque and Haowen Guo to the summer league roster.

Marcus Bingham Jr (Mich St) agrees to exhibit-10 deal with the Mavs.

JD Shaw: Free agent Jalen Lecque has accepted a summer league invite with the Dallas Mavericks, source tells @HoopsRumors. The 22-year-old averaged 16.8 points per game with the Wisconsin Herd this past season, shooting 42% from the floor. 6 hours ago ? via Twitter JShawNBA

Last edited by BPo001; 06-24-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:27 AM   #236
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Apparently he was one of the first guys we worked out, and I'm sure he made an impression.

It's often hard to gauge g-league, good or bad. It's really not much a developmental league IMO...at least not for an 18 year old kid who shoulda gone to college.

Agreed his efficiency was bad, but he got better as it went on and still lead the team in ppg. The talent is undeniable though at 37.

His game actually reminds me a lot of Corey Maggette.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:44 AM   #237
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Also keep in mind that Hardy has only played 12 games in the g-league, so it's an extremely small sample size.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:03 AM   #238
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Also keep in mind that Hardy has only played 12 games in the g-league, so it's an extremely small sample size.
Yeah, he likely isn't ready to play right away, BUT it's a good insurance piece to have in case Brunson leaves.

Frankly, if Brunson leaves, then he must really hate it here lol. Can't see a player wanting to leave this team, coach, gm, and owner in this situation. If he does, then that is all on him as long as the money is even.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #239
BPo001
Diamond Member

Orlando has a loaded frontcourt looking ahead with Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, and Wendell Carter Jr. It?s unclear how the selection of Banchero will affect the looming free agency of Mo Bamba.

I wonder if we could pry Bamba away? I haven?t watched him play, and I know he?s not a big guy. Can he bang down low with the bigger centers in the league?
Old 06-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #240
BPo001
Diamond Member

Tim MacMahon: Mavs GM Nico Harrison said it was ?expected? that the Knicks, who are known to have strong interest in Jalen Brunson, would make moves to create cap space tonight. On hopes of re-signing Brunson: ?Until he tells us that he doesn?t want to be here, we?re optimistic.? ? via Twitter espn_macmahon