Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #681
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Lucky for Leinart...Sportscenter is editing out his classless comments. He can only hope they are forgotten.
How is it different from Vince doing the Heisman pose?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2006, 01:46 AM   #682
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Vince was right!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #683
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being a gloating winner...but a sore loser is reprehensible.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #684
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

What did Leinart say?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #685
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he said something about USC being the better team...something like that.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 AM   #686
Murphy3
Guru

I don't have a problem with Leinart or Bush..they're both classy as is VY.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 AM   #687
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

And on the 8th day, God created Vince Young.
dallas_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:05 AM   #688
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine just turning without moving your feet would be a football move as well. But irregardless of the rule (of course if I were a ref I would know it. , I call that one a fumble, I thought he had control with both feet etc.

I also assume that if he stood stock still that wouldn't be a football move either, so I have to guess it's pretty subjective.

I read somewhere also however that that play was not reviewable.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #689
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I would imagine just turning without moving your feet would be a football move as well. But irregardless of the rule (of course if I were a ref I would know it. , I call that one a fumble, I thought he had control with both feet etc.

I also assume that if he stood stock still that wouldn't be a football move either, so I have to guess it's pretty subjective.

I read somewhere also however that that play was not reviewable.
Well, they reviewed it...and yeah, I would imagine that turning would be considered a football move...

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-05-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #690
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because he didn't pull a Stevie Franchise on the podium.

I didn't hear him disrespect any of the USC players, team etc. He didn't say they were better than they were (even though the were). He said Bush was a great athelete and I think he even said he deserved the Heismann (doesn't look like he did however)...

But striking a pose with a trophy? Should he not have held it up, kissed it whatever? Sounds like he was having fun to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-05-2006, 02:37 AM   #691
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #692
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He's got uncle Rico's accuracy too...
Old 01-05-2006, 02:55 AM   #693
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In all seriousness, this may be the best football game I have ever witnessed.

Oh, and I felt that USC was outclassed, but that somehow they kept the score close.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:05 AM   #694
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

One last barb...

Did the UT baseball team not say the same thing after they lost the NC a couple of years ago? "We're still the best team"...or something like that.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:08 AM   #695
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Dear,
Colin Cowherd, Jim Rome, Mark May, John Saunders, Kirk Herbstreit, Skip Bayless, etc...

Scoreboard.

Sincerely,
TEXAS 2005 National Champions

P.S. 512!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:18 AM   #696
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
This thread DEFINES Premature Ejocularity.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #697
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

YES!!!!!! My school rules.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #698
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mack Brown just let Vince Young do his thing and rarely handed it off in the second half. Smart move. BTW, does VY score every time standing up? Amazing.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #699
dude1394
Guru

Okay I'm not a huge college football fan. So I'd like some historians to be a short re-cap of this disputed 2 time USC deal?

So they won it last year in the BCS game but then LSU won last year. So what is the deal with commentators saying they were going for a 3-peat.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #700
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

They were the "ap" national title 2 years ago. Since the bcs' inception, the coaches were required to vote the winner of the title game, the national champ but the ap could do what they wanted. LSU won the national title game so they were the national champs according to the coaches. USC won the ap. IMO they had 1 consecutive national title (i know but it just sounds funny to say) I think they had a very legit argument about not getting a shot to play for the title but imo the fact of the matter is they didnt win the national title game and thus werent the national champ. That said college football has a long history of split national championships. See UT 1970 after losing their bowl game.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #701
Murphy3
Guru

..upon further review, I'd have to say that UT play with Charles towards the end was indeed a fumble..but the DB play for UT towards the end of the first half was an interception...both were big calls that cost their team points..
Old 01-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #702
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind it being called the way it was. The problem with the charles play is they show it in slow mo and he has it for 2 seconds and everyone is like how is that not a catch. In reality he had it for less than 3 tenths of a second. Is that a catch? If it is the pick definitely was but i dont mind either not being called a catch. This game was all about vince young and anyone who wants to blame officials is just taking away from probably the best college fb game ever.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #703
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW on the pics of the cheerleaders way back on page 9 the second girl from the right went to my high school and I have known her family for a really long time. She is actually really nice.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #704
Five-ofan
Guru

Also, though i wasnt on this board I was not one of the people who gave up. I was watching with 2 other UT fans and 2 USC fans. The usc fans and I had an argument about whether or not it was over when UT was down 12 with a little over 6 to go.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #705
Five-ofan
Guru

I said before the game, this team will NEVER lose a game when vince is on. He was perhaps as on as he has ever been.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #706
dude1394
Guru

The first fan...

Old 01-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #707
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

a few friends and i went down to austin to watch the game, and it was ridiculous. the game itself was amazing, and the ensuing post-game insanity on the drag/sixth street was pretty crazy, too. it's just too bad the semester hasn't started yet because there weren't nearly as many people there, but it was definitely an experience.

and vince young, wow, what can i say? i don't get to watch a whole lot of texas football out in california, but in the few games i've seen this guy has never failed to amaze. i don't know how he'll fare in the nfl, but it's been a joy to watch him in college.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #708
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Ex Post Facto

I liked this post from a blog I was browsing.

Quote:
ROSE BOWL: I have a funny feeling about this game.
The Texas players sound hungry. Not wild-dog hungry, yet they have a quiet resolve. Vince Young plays up the no-respect theme, his teammates aren't so vocal. But privately they're seething that ESPN is showing a fantasy feature on how USC would do against the greatest teams in history.

I've covered more than a dozen bowl games, and only once do I remember a team sounding like these Longhorns. That was at the 1993 Sugar, the last time a pair of unbeatens met in a bowl. Miami was favored to whip Alabama in that one.

On the morning of Dec. 31, Bama coach Gene Stallings was asked how his players would spend New Year's Eve. He said he was taking them to a movie, and we asked which one. Stallings slowly leaned forward, lowered in his voice and in his best Bear Bryant imitation, he growled, "A Few Good Men." The reporters who'd covered Bryant way back said it made them shudder.

And when they played at the Superdome, Alabama had more than a few good men and rolled 34-13. Am wondering which team will have enough good men Wednesday night.
-- Ben Walker

Turns out it was the Horns.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-07-2006 at 11:38 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote