Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #2201
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Chandler and Amare doesn't really seem like a match.
It's...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #2202
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Tweet from Steve Nash:

Quote:
My dad just beat me in tennis. He's 62. He did a triple fist pump on match point. Irritating?! It's been that kind of season!
Poor guy...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #2203
bourne63

bourne63 will become famous soon enoughbourne63 will become famous soon enough

I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this article about the Spurs I found

http://www.sportsblogit.com/04/2009/...oying-players/

Hilarious, but so true...
bourne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #2204
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne63 View Post
I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this article about the Spurs I found

I repped you after I read the title of the article but before I even read the body!

Edit: I would rep you again if I could after reading the article!

Last edited by ty; 04-17-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #2205
bourne63

Ha ha did you see what a Spurs fan wrote on their blog. So stupid!

I would have put the link in a new thread but I am not allowed to make threads yet, o well. Glad you liked the article.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #2206
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne63 View Post

Awesome. Loved the conclusion to the article.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #2207
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...ml?eref=fromSI

Phil Jackson would start team with Howard over LeBron

Lakers coach Phil Jackson joined the show to discuss the upcoming playoffs.

-- Dan asked Jackson who he would want to start a team with. Jackson said that power players are really the key to the NBA. There are exceptions, like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, but he would take Dwight Howard over James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul if he was starting a team right now.

-- Jackson said the key difference this year from last year is having Andrew Bynum and a healthy Trevor Ariza. Jackson said that Bynum will be limited because he's not fully healthy yet.

-- Jackson said that since the timeouts are longer in the playoffs, the starters can go longer. During the regular season he tries to limit players' minutes. He said Bryant has some miles on his legs and he needs to watch his playing time.

-- Jackson said that Kobe gets overlooked a bit like Michael Jordan did. In 1993, Charles Barkley got the MVP over Jordan. This year, Jackson says that LeBron will likely be the MVP. Jackson does think James has been fantastic this year, and has no problem with him getting the award.

-- Jackson looked around the West and commented on several teams. He said that the Hornets and the Jazz have slid down the standings a bit. Jackson said New Orleans' health issues hurt it defensively. Jackson said that the Mavs and Blazers suddenly are dangerous.

-- Jackson said that he tries to keep abreast of players' lives, so he does keep aware of Twitter and cell phones.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #2208
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Power players are the key...and that's the rationale for taking Howard over James...lol. Who knows what crazy mind games Phil is up to, but you would take LeBron over Howard every single time.

The kid is probably going to go down as the best to ever play the game. Oh, and he's got some power to his game, too.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #2209
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tell ya what.. I'm sure he'd much rather play Howard than LeBron in the Finals. Maybe he's trying to pump this kids confidence.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #2210
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a tweak-job on LeBron.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #2211
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

At his best, Howard is less than Hakeem. At his best, James is better than Jordan.

I think that's all that needs to be said.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #2212
bourne63

What a moron, Phil has only won with Lebron-esque players. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard doesn't carry a team like a superstar can, this is clearly just a case of Phil being the d-bag he is.

I just saw that someone put that Dirty Player article on digg.com everyone should go digg it so that everyone see's how dirty the Spurs are. Go to this link

http://digg.com/basketball/The_NBA_s...noying_Players

And click digg, it is as simple as that.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #2213
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Phil is just being Phil. Don't buy too much into what comes out of his mouth.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #2214
ty
Diamond Member

Yah...Lebron is definitely a power player. Why do you think he dreams of playing for the Browns?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #2215
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

could you imagine how insanly good he could be as a TE? Or he actually seems to have the mental capacity to run a team, how unstopable of a QB would he be?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #2216
bourne63

I am sure you all get tired of my link but this one was to awesome not to include

NBA Rule Changes Needed

Tags
brain seargantry, got a bit fluffy in here, great exceptations, guerillablackformavsfan!, i hate the nba, lakers vs ??? finals 2009, not enough tags, refs will win it all, shutup closet spurs fan, special orders upset us, sweet & sour chicken, tanking 101, utah sucks! woo!!!, you'll do it my way