Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #81
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas Rangers 05!

Pedro had an eight inning shut out today!!!! Woohoo!!!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful outing today...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #83
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

I can't tell you how impressed I am by Astacio. Looks like a great find.

Curious lineup today...GMJ hitting leadoff? Why wouldn't you ride Dellucci & his .500 OBP & league-leading walks right now? Guess it doesn't matter if Soriano's only going to be out one day & they insist on him leading off.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #84
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's hoping we continue to get the Pedro of old. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 PM   #85
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of my co-workers had an extra ticket so I went to my 1st Ranger game in about three years and only my 2nd at the temple...couldn't have picked a better game. Great weather, good seats, and the game moved quickly. The wind was blowing in and that may have kept a couple of 1st inning balls in the park...they were hitting Astacio pretty hard in the 1st. We all thought it was going to be a long day, but he settled in nicely.

...and after seeing Pedro throw in the 80's all day, it was good to see Coco come in and bring the heat in the 9th.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #86
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Man...Pedro is looking like the GM move of the century for the Rangers! What a pickup. I sure hope he keeps it up.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #87
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

According to Bob's blog, Laynce Nix is being called up from the minors.

Ohhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

can he hit now??

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #89
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

Ohhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Mary from your perspective whose the more babelicious Ranger: Gabe Kapler or Laynce Nix?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #90
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
can he hit now??

Here are his stats from 10 games with the Redhawks:

AVG .333 in 36 AB
1 2B
1 3B
3 HR
6 RBI
9 BB
6 SO
OBP .467

He seem's to have been doing pretty well. Does this mean someone's getting demoted?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #91
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

Ohhhhhhh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Mary from your perspective whose the more babelicious Ranger: Gabe Kapler or Laynce Nix?

Umm...err wel..Gabe hasn't been a Ranger in quite some time.

And this answer is neither [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #92
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Someone has to be going down... logically, this HAS to be Allen, but there's no way, right? There are like, no other righthanded guys in that OF/DH rotation. I'm gonna say Gonzalez is going to get some seasoning... This is some strange timing, if you wanted Nix to get some AAA at-bats, why is he coming back up after only 10 games? Is someone hurt?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

COCO with save #7!!! nice

Old 04-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #94
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Don't forget Barajas' GRAND SLAM!!! How sweet was that?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

very?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 PM   #96
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Yes. Very is the answer I was looking for. We would also have accepted incredibly or extremely.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Would you have accepted "sweet like candy to my soul"?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:39 AM   #98
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

No. ;-)
Old 04-21-2005, 02:30 AM   #99
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Drese didn't have much but still got a win. (He has only 2 K's in 25.1 innings!)

Nix performed mighty well in his season debut. Hope he can keep it up without falling into a second half slump again.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #100
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Nothing feels sweeter than beating the Evil Empire.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #101
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Nothing feels sweeter than beating the Evil Empire.
how about sweeping them? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

nice showing tonight!

Old 04-23-2005, 01:49 AM   #102
mary
Troll Hunter

What a great play by Rod at the plate.

I was really happy they won this game. Obviously, because it the Spankees, but it would've been disheartening to lose because of a couple of in-field hits in the ninth inning.

About Gonzalez - I'll admit that I haven't watched EVERY Ranger game, but at no time did I think to myself "Boy, this Gonzalez kid is really struggling."

Weird.

Another odd note - Is it strange that Matt Riley has recorded a win for the Rangers, and Kenny Rogers has not?

Old 04-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #103
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I'm with you on Gonzalez, mary. I thought he looked good. Of course, he seemed to go after EVERY pitch, so maybe they're hoping a brief sting in AAA will settle him down.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #104
ames7
Diamond Member

6-0 in the third so far, Chan Ho can't say he's not getting run support. Bats maybe starting to wake up...check out Mench these last few games.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #105
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Dangit, I didn't even realize the game was on. Stupid NFL draft...
Old 04-23-2005, 01:47 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Dangit, I didn't even realize the game was on. Stupid NFL draft...
watch your mouth!....

the Rangers are kicking!

Old 04-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #107
ames7
Diamond Member

Chan Ho is feeling it today. Struck out the side... 5 Ks so far.

Man... NY fans are mean. Wright the pitcher got hurt & they cheer cause he's coming out of the game. Then as he's walking off, they boo him. Not cool.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Nix with an RBI in the seventh

Old 04-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #109
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Great win for the Rangers...man, it's nice to see Mench and Nix hitting the ball.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:06 PM   #110
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Great wins, and I must say I love telling all the Yankee fans how much better the Rangers are. Rubbing it in is so much fun.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:25 PM   #111
sike
The Preacha

Big Tex with the bat heating up....

Old 04-23-2005, 11:28 PM   #112
mary
Troll Hunter

I'm not sure a Sweep of the Yankees in Yankee Stadium will totally make up for what happened to our *other* local team tonight.

But it would sure be a step in the right direction.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #113
ames7
Diamond Member

Terrible news about Frankie Francisco. Tommy-John surgery, he'll be out for the year, at least. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] That really sucks.

Juan Dominguez coming up?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:27 PM   #114
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Hope someone in the bullpen will step up. Good win tonight, though.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #115
sike
The Preacha

Coco looked a bit shaky....but nice showing from the offense...I need Big Tex and Young to keep hitting (fantasy team)

Old 04-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #116
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Chris Young is pitching a 2 hitter through 6 1/3, too bad I won't get to see the rest of it b/c of the mavs game.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 PM   #117
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I think I just jinxed him, he gave up 2 hits in less than 90 seconds after my post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Rangers still up 1-0 though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

edit: Jinxed him again...1-1
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:51 AM   #118
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Rangers lose :-(
Old 04-29-2005, 12:55 AM   #119
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Great outing by Young....too bad he gets an L. Hidalgo needs to step it up.

And what the hell is wrong with Almanzar?
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #120
sike
The Preacha

Young looked great...who cares about the L when the kid is looking so good....