Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default Cowboys vs. Rams all the way to the playoffs

Ok I figured we needed a little good luck so I decided to make the thread :P.

Go Philly (did i just say that?), and Vick-town! Oh and don't below it against the Rams.

Cowboys call Woodson about possible playoff return

Coach Bill Parcells has contacted Darren Woodson, telling the former Cowboys' safety to be ready to play if the team makes the NFL playoffs, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday.

The two are expected to talk again on Monday. The Cowboys play their final regular-season game against the Rams on Sunday night. Depth has become a concern for the Cowboys' secondary, with safety Roy Williams bothered by a sprained ankle.

On Saturday, Woodson cleared waivers after the Cowboys released him from the reserve/retired list, clearing the way for his return. He cannot play against the Rams but could be eligible for the playoffs, should the Cowboys qualify.

Woodson, 36, retired late in the 2004 season after he was unable to return from preseason back surgery. The Cowboys kept him on the physically unable to perform list, hoping he would be able to return, but he was unable to do so.

It's not clear if he is in condition to play if called upon.

"We'll see what happens because they are not in the playoffs just yet," Woodson, an ESPN analyst, told the Dallas Morning News. "Let's wait until Monday."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2276586

Lets go 'boys!

Last edited by #1MavsFan; 01-01-2006 at 11:26 AM.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

go cowboys

last time they met, the panthers finally solved Vick.. hopefully he can return to his usual form against them and lead the Falcons to a win

I don't think the Eagles are going to do anything to help the Cowboys out IMO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think our season is done. I would love for that to not be the case and Woodson come back to lead our D in the playoffs.... that would be sweet.

But Atlanta has nothing to play for. Carolina has everything to play for. I won't even mention Redskins, because the Eagles stopped playing week 5.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

please don't go to negative town

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope keep the negativity out of this thread.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
please don't go to negative town
I know. I'm trying not to. But I secretly inside want the New Jersey Con man to get the hell out of dodge.

.....Stopping negativity now......

Lose stinking Panthers!!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
alby
Guru

better =)

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
alby
Guru

Touchdown.

Panthers 7
Falcons 0

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It's a shame Atlanta is eliminated. Vick is fun to watch....

In the red zone now.......
Old 01-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That was nice. Or not.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #11
alby
Guru

Saints 0
Bucs 7

Panthers 7
Falcons 3

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I really don't like the Panthers.

14-3...
Old 01-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Bucs game doesnt matter. Either the panthers or the Skins have to lose for us to have a chance.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Simms must be looking pretty sharp.

As for the Atl-Car game... I'm glad the Cowboys don't have Mike Vick on their team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

21-3... Sigh...
Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What a goal line stand.....
Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

C'mon, Atlanta. Let's not die so easily...
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Pretty nice stand by the Falcons there. Still, it doesn't look like their offense is going to get it done today. This was the game we needed, because I can't see the Redskins losing. Ugh.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Or 17-3... Man... How many straight times did they hold them? 4 or 5?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Chris Simms must be looking pretty sharp.

As for the Atl-Car game... I'm glad the Cowboys don't have Mike Vick on their team.
Yeah, although he was fun to watch on that earlier series where I posted about him above.... he makes some stupid decisions. He was alot funner 2-3 years ago.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Need a TD before halftime.

For me, Vick isn't even fun to watch. Yeah, he's a good runner, but I can go watch a Jr.High QB throw 1-5 yard passes to TE's and RB's all day long just hoping that one of them might break something. He hasn't been bad today by any means... I just don't like his game at all.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-01-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

He looks absolutely pathetic when trying to get the ball down field to a WR.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Vick doesnt do anything for me. He had one great game that his team still got drilled in in college and he parlayed that into being the first pick in the nfl draft. He completed less than 50 percent of his passes in college. Yes he is fast and has a strong arm but he just doesnt do anything for me as far as watching him play.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #24
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

This is pathetic.... lets go Iggles!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #25
alby
Guru

Philly is our last chance =(

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

*shakes head sadly at Atlanta* Worthless.

This doesn't look good guys. :[
Old 01-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #27
alby
Guru

have faith

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #28
alby
Guru

wow 44-3??

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dallas packs it up after beating the Rams tonight and will have to get out the fishing gear.

Atlanta sucks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #30
alby
Guru

why would the jets want to win this game...

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Atlanta sucks.
And so do the Eagles.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #32
alby
Guru

will parcells retire? yes or no

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Dear God, please let him be with Tony Soprano for the rest of this Century.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #34
alby
Guru

are you kidding me, did ATL go for two in the end?

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #35
alby
Guru

Washington game is starting...

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

On the bright side..... not that I think it's going to matter in the end but the Eagles appear to have come to play.

I can't remember the last time I rooted for the Eagles.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #37
alby
Guru

3 Eagles
0 Redskins

Contact Me
Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #38
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

4th down skins!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #39
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #40
alby
Guru

the Eagles have brought it today.

Contact Me