Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Shield thread

I searched and didn't see a thread on this.
This has to be one of my top TV shows to watch. Let me know what you think and opinions of the show.
I love the role played by Forest Whitaker. He has taken this season to a whole new level.
Let me know what you think.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I am in!!

I have watched season 1 and 2 ( over the past month), can't find 3 on rent yet. And of course I am watching 5 currently. So this is where we can discuss.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Forest has definitely breathed new life into the series. I haven't seen Glen Close in action yet but I am looking forward to season 4. Looks like season 3 involves that new recruit but I am assuming he gets killed. (don't tell me).
Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Cavanaugh is about to get fffffffffffff*cked. I can't wait to see how.

I just hope they don't kill off Lem.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet butter...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #6
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Sweet butter...

He got f-ed more ways than one. But, I have a bad feeling about next weeks outcome.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I love this show. I think Lem is gonna get is some S!@# now. If he takes off, that screws all of them.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Nemesis
Diamond Member

They are already screwed. It will take a miracle for Vic to get out of this one.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Watched the latest episode again. I love the Smashin Punmkin Montage. So fitting!!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
Cavanaugh is about to get fffffffffffff*cked. I can't wait to see how.

I just hope they don't kill off Lem.
Just pure speculation on my part:

But I see no other resolution for Lem's character, other than killing him off. He plead guilty to heroin possession and now he is fleeing the country. His days on the strike force or clearly over, right? Then you have Kavanaugh's goodbye and handshake. Hate to say it, but I think he's a gonner. Lemanske's going to pay the "price" for being involved with Vic, and indirectly pay the price for Terry's death - even though he only recently became an accomplice to that crime.

Its a shame, he's certainly been one of the more likeable characters on the show.

On another note, I'd like to give my own personal "You Go Girl!" shout out to Claudette. I think we'll eventually see her succeed where others have failed so miserably at bringing Vic down. Personally, I can't wait for that scum-sucking pig to get what is coming to him.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-18-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The Sweet Butter comment from Vic was one of the greatest lines in TV history lol.

The Claudette being head of the precinct storyline took me for surprise. I had a feeling that she was leaving the show or something after what her character has been through in the last couple of weeks.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Just pure speculation on my part:

But I see no other resolution for Lem's character, other than killing him off. He plead guilty to heroin possession and now he is fleeing the country. His days on the strike force or clearly over, right? Then you have Kavanaugh's goodbye and handshake. Hate to say it, but I think he's a gonner. Lemanske's going to pay the "price" for being involved with Vic, and indirectly pay the price for Terry's death - even though he only recently became an accomplice to that crime.

Its a shame, he's certainly been on of the more likeable characters on the show.

On another note, I'd like to give my own personal "You Go Girl!" shout out to Claudette. I think we'll eventually see her succeed where others have failed so miserably at bringing Vic down. Personally, I can't wait for that scum-sucking pig to get what is coming to him.

You and my wife share equal thoughts about Vic. I just think it is good TV how they can make a scum sucking cop likeable to the point where you root for him. But, like I said, I hear plenty from my wife and she has threatened to not watch it with me anymore unless someone does something to take Vic down. I just chuckle.

As far as Lem goes, I hate to see him go.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:53 PM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The official message board for the Shield has spoilers about the Season Finale. I looked at the first couple but didn't have the heart to read the rest lol. Its going to be a damn good season finale. I'm just sad to see it go until next season.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Its almost time. Any guesses for the final montage song?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
Nemesis
Diamond Member

What tha...

NOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Nemesis; 03-21-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!LEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

It looks like Forest Whitaker is here to stay. I must say, I don't like the direction the series is taking. Killing off Lem? Maybe but having one of the family do it? The reason why I liked the show because it was the bad guy vs. the good guy. Now its more like the bad vs. bad with Kavanaugh making a cameo as a good guy every once in awhile. Good season finale though.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:18 AM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

Damn...Lem got a grenade with his peanut butter and jelly sandwhich!

I would've preferred a bag of chips myself.

Shane - I always knew you were a piece of shit.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:26 AM   #18
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

That sucks though. First thing you hear Lem say is "My favorite....". The guy didn't even snitch. All he wanted to do was the time which would've worked out had they gotten some sort of deal where Lem wouldn't go to a O'9er prison. This is worse than when Stringer Bell got killed on the Wire. I hate when they kill of characters. Well except when Lost did it. It felt right for some reason.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 03-22-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

That frame of Lem with his eyes open as Shane walks up is stuck in my mind. I was prepared for Lem to die, but not that way and by that person. Devasting. Shane is as good as dead now. This show is starting to resemble a dog chasing his on tail over and over and over. Next season should be the last.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #20
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Well atleast I have the Wire to look foward to. I agree Blab that whole Lem scene is still stuck in my head. Its just television but damn.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #21
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I was out of town when I watched this, but Damn, this show is great. It really sucks they had to kill of Lem though. He was one of my favorites. Now I have to wait till freakin 07 for the next season.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpQAp2sG-oU

Woohoo!

BTW, what a perfect song for the promo.

There are things
I have done
There's a place
I have gone
There's a beast
And I let it run
Now it's running my way
There are things
I regret
But you can't forgive
You can't forget
There's a gift
That you send
You send it my way
(Chorus)
So take this night
Wrap it around me like a sheild
I know I'm not forgiven
And I need a place to sleep
So take this night
And lay me down on the street
I know I'm not forgiven
But I hope that I'll be given some peace
There's a game
That I play
There are rules
I had to break
There's mistakes
That I made
But I made them my way
(chorus)
So take this night
Wrap it around me like a sheild
I know I'm not forgiven
But I need a place to sleep
So take this night
And lay me down on the street
I know I'm not forgiven
But I hope that I'll be given some peace
Some peace
Some peace

Last edited by mary; 03-22-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
Nemesis
Diamond Member

i have the Black Lab CD, and I thought it was "sheet" not "shield".... little late on this mary, that promo has been out since November.

Edit:

Chorus Lyrics to This Night by Black Lab

so take this night and wrap it around me like a sheet.
I know I’m not forgiven but I need a place to sleep.
so take this night and lay me down on the street.
I know I’m not forgiven but I hope that I’ll be given some sleep.

Last edited by Nemesis; 03-22-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #24
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Are you ready?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
Nemesis
Diamond Member

This can't be denied anymore.

Greatness...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #26
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

"Family Meeting" - absolute gripping television.

Paying homage to Shawn Ryan and his genius.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the second best cop show of all time..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #28
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps.

Just on Season 3 of The Wire. Unless you are refering to NYPD Blue. (never saw one episode)
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with TheWire as the clear cut winner.. The Shield is second on my list... not sure what I'd put in third.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote