Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official Texas Rangers' 2006 Season Thread!

Per Ames' request, lets get this year underway. Millwood is pitching great so far; however, so is Schilling... We get to see Kinsler next inning... Lets go Texas!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

9 out of 10 retired so far. Both pitchers are good so far. I hope Kinsler lights it up.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Dan. Millwood looking great so far. I love how calm he is. Two nice catches by Laynce Nix already.

GO RANGERS GO!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

GO Kinsler, battin a 1.000
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Heeeey! How about that? Kinsler gets the first hit of the season. Good for you, kid.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

And Kinsler with the first Rangers hit of the year!!! Way to go Rookie!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update 68

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so far we've seen quite the pitcher's duel.....both have looked sharpe and relying on the fast ball...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well, 2-0 Boston!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

dang it.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

smooth stroke for tex

Old 04-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

too bad Hank keeps striking out.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well, in Hank's defense, he is facing one bad ass pitcher!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

couple sloppy pitches from Millwood last couple innings..

Old 04-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
couple sloppy pitches from Millwood last couple innings..
make it three...

Old 04-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Sigh...
Old 04-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Were it not for Nix, that could be 4 doubles all hit in the exact same place. I say put Nix right there and we will be fine for the rest of the game....

Oh yeah, 3-0!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

make it 4.....big Poppi...just made Millwood his "prison friend"

Old 04-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Actually that would be 5 alien!

GOD$@%#$%$ IT!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yup... Great pitchers duel we have here... Oh, and it should be noted... Big Poppi is now 3-5 against Millwood with 3 homeruns! I say hit him in the freaking neck next time up... Maybe he backs up a bit after that.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

so, does this go down as a Millwood chokejob?

oh yeah....and not one of those runs can be blamed on the ballpark..

Last edited by sike; 04-03-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We need some runs... Weren't we up there with the big boys fighting for most runs scored last year??? SCORE DAMN IT!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #23
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

thats baseball.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
We need some runs... Weren't we up there with the big boys fighting for most runs scored last year??? SCORE DAMN IT!
and Millwood's thinking "Not Again"

Old 04-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #25
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

And there we go again, runners on base and we can't even get a hit. Now Milwood is gone.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #26
ames7
Diamond Member

I'd really hoped we'd at least put up a big run total today, just as a visual demonstration for Clemens. There's still time, I guess. Schilling certainly looks healthy again.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #27
ames7
Diamond Member

Have I mentioned how much I like this kid Feldman? Man I like him. I'm glad he made the team. I know he might go back down when CJ Wilson gets healthy, but I hope he makes it hard for them to do that.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Have I mentioned how much I like this kid Feldman? Man I like him. I'm glad he made the team. I know he might go back down when CJ Wilson gets healthy, but I hope he makes it hard for them to do that.
he could be a great one inning man...I like him....

Old 04-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #29
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

They need alot of the hitters to become more than just power hitters. Blalock needs to learn slap the ball to the left side of the field, then they wouldn'tplay him so tight on the right side. They need to incorporate some small ball. Not syaing they need to go all small ball, but incorporate some of that. they might win some more games.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #30
ames7
Diamond Member

Well. That ball shot out of there quickly.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well at least that was positive!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

it would nice to see Hank return to all star form this year...and put the hammerin back in the hammerin hank....

three all stars all from the infield would be great as well...

Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #33
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

good job Brian Spare.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Man Ortiz is good!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #35
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

geez, can shouse get an out for us?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Is this what Ralph Wiggum will look like when he grows up?

Spare is right!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Taking Feldman out to get the Lefty/Lefty match up worked GREAT!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #38
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

well, this game is going nowhere. I gotta route for my catcher to tear it up and get me some points. GO Varitek.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

traitor.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #40
sixeightmkw
Golden Member