Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #41
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I am routing for Atlanta too in another game!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #42
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a baseball player
Old 04-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I know I see a similiarity!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #44
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
well, this game is going nowhere. I gotta route for my catcher to tear it up and get me some points. GO Varitek.
Hehe, I have Varitek too. And Loretta. So if we're not going to win, at least this game wasn't totally wasted.

What's Schilling's pitch count now? Come on.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I've got Hank...so not a total sour taste...though I was disappointed in Millwood...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

lets go red sox, clap clap clap clap clap
Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #47
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

So, question. Let's be real. What do you guys honestly think the Rangers' record is going to be this year? I know it's opening day & there's optimism abound (at least before the game actually started). But realistically...what do you think?

Because I'm thinking, just above .500. I hope I'm wrong. But it is what I think.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #48
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I am sure they will be above .500, probably 80 to 85 wins, but still in 3rd in the West. No playoffs. But, if like I said in the other thread, if they are in it at the break, and Eaton comes back strong, and they by chance get the Rocket, things will be looking good. but that is a big what if.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

85-90 wins
Old 04-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is thinking they'll be well over .500 too optimistic?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im predicting 93 and 69.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #52
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

such a sad sight today at the game. a third of the stadium was probably filled with bosox fans. oh well, it's just one game and we'll win it tomorrow.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 AM   #53
ames7
Diamond Member

One positive from opening day: Ian Kinsler. Great story in the FWST today from Jenn Floyd Engel: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/14255779.htm

Pretty classy of Schilling.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Schilling has always been a pretty cool cat. Nice read.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #55
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

nice article. thanks for sharing it.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #56
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

anyone get the rangers game? i'm out of state but ESPN shows a 4-spot on the board for us vs. the bosox tonight and Wakefield... Tex with an RBI single and Nevin with a 3run blast. woohoo!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #57
sike
The Preacha

and Millwood is asking "where was that yesterday?"

Old 04-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #58
jly
Dirk for MVP

let's bring back the "padilla flotilla", hehe. it's nice to see texas with pitchers who can throw heat and actually control it.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #59
ames7
Diamond Member

Well this is going significantly better. Nice night for Wilkerson & Nevin, solid line from Padilla. More of this, please.

Last edited by ames7; 04-04-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #60
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

10-1 Rangers. Otsuka the big trade acquistion apart of the Adam Eaton trade. The bullpen cost us a lot of games last year.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #61
jly
Dirk for MVP

Blalock is doing great tonight. I hope he produces like 2 years ago.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #62
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

jly, I can't concentrate when you post because I'm fixated on that avatar.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #63
jly
Dirk for MVP

haha, my posts aren't up to par with everyone else's here, so i gotta have some sort of distraction

Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Rangers pretty much kicked the crap out of the Sox tonight.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #65
jly
Dirk for MVP

very beautiful sight. too bad they couldn't do that yesterday when i was actually at the game. hopefully there will be more to come. my co-worker will get an earful tomorrow, hehe.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #66
sike
The Preacha

fun night....sitting at a local sports bar with some chums...watching the Mavs clobber the Kings and the Rangers Clobber the Socks....

Old 04-05-2006, 07:57 AM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Per the Ticket, Eaton is expected to be out four months, rather than the three initially reported.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

Eaton can bite me.....

but not as hard as he's biting the Rangers playoff chances

Old 04-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #69
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Padilla looked great.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 AM   #70
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Padilla looked great.
man did he ever!....and Wakefield just did not have enough sinker in that ball....

Old 04-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

I especially liked that he was able to dial it up to 95 whenever he wanted to and blow it by people. This is the way he looked when he was an all star.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #72
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I especially liked that he was able to dial it up to 95 whenever he wanted to and blow it by people. This is the way he looked when he was an all star.
how nice would it be to have a positive surprise all star appearance?

Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #73
jly
Dirk for MVP

how funny would it have been if r.a. dickey pitched against wakefield last night? two knuckleballers. has that ever happened before?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #74
ames7
Diamond Member

Well, the good news is K-Loe's sinker looks great through 4. The bad news is we've left 11 on base. That's not cool.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #75
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
how funny would it have been if r.a. dickey pitched against wakefield last night? two knuckleballers. has that ever happened before?
Oh sure...with three starters in the American League at the same time in the mid to late 80's all featuring knuckleballs, it had to have occurred a few times.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-05-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #76
Drbio
Banned

Tex made a great play on that ball.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #77
jly
Dirk for MVP

cmon rangers, produce one of those amazing comebacks...

Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Well, the good news is K-Loe's sinker looks great through 4. The bad news is we've left 11 on base. That's not cool.
That's not team LOB.... Team LOB is at 7.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Steve Smith should be fired. He isn't worth a flaming pile of dog sh!t when it comes to doing his job. I said that last year and I'll stand by it this year.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #80
ames7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
That's not team LOB.... Team LOB is at 7.
Yeah, whoops, looked at the wrong number. But it's up to 9 now, luckily. :\ Not a trend you want to start.