Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #41
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

that's just a shame that coco is getting all of these wins for doing something he's not supposed to, i.e. come in and not hold a lead....

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #42
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Another lackluster outing by Loe. Nice sweep of the d'backs though. Just stinks that the A's will never lose again apparently lol :

A-gon and Young come back to town next.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, Loe has been placed on the DL with elbow soreness. That should go a long way to explaining his troubles of late.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
FWIW, Loe has been placed on the DL with elbow soreness. That should go a long way to explaining his troubles of late.
Or it is an excuse to get him out of the linuep and give him some time to get himself back together and confident.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Or it is an excuse to get him out of the linuep and give him some time to get himself back together and confident.
I would think if that were the case they'd move him to the bullpen first, where he was very successful last year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #46
MavsGirl4142

MavsGirl4142 will become famous soon enough

I heard that Tejeda is replacing Loe in the rotation. Is that right?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsGirl4142
I heard that Tejeda is replacing Loe in the rotation. Is that right?
Yes. Freddy Guzman will be called up for a few days and then he's supposed to be sent down on Sat. when Tejeda will pitch.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited to see Guzman...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
that's just a shame that coco is getting all of these wins for doing something he's not supposed to, i.e. come in and not hold a lead....
Do you have any idea how good Coco has been since the beginning of May?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #50
MavsGirl4142

Coco has definitely improved since they took him out of the closer role. I like Aki in that role for now until Coco can prove that he's ready for it again. Right now, I don't think that he is. Not going to be watching much of the game tonight. I'll switch back and forth from the Mavs game during commercials. Chris Young is pitching tomorrow! I'll definitely be watching that one.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #51
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Doh! Gonzo homered in first at bat.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #52
MavsGirl4142

Gah! Good to see him again, though.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #53
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

C'mon Koronka, let's get back to the form you showed earlier in the season.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #54
MavsGirl4142

The Koronkanator (that's my nickname for him) has been struggling lately.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #55
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Haha, in my laziness, today was the first time I actually took the mental energy to pronounce his name the way it's spelled. I still habitually think of him as "Kornoko", for whatever subconscious reason. : )
Old 06-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #56
MavsGirl4142

Lol, he hasn't been pitching badly tonight. But he just can get into trouble really easily and not find a way out of it. Plus, we just haven't really been hitting the ball all that well tonight so he's not getting any real run support.

3-1 now with Kinsler on first.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #57
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Hopes he finds a way out of this situation in the fifth. No outs with a man on third.

Okay, I'm jinxing the kid. I'm going to quit following the gameday.

Last edited by jleefilled; 06-23-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:41 AM   #58
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

finally a couple longballs from Tex and Hank, Rangers win 8-6, but A's win as well
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #59
MavsGirl4142

A's lost today so we're tied. But doesn't look like it'll stay that way for long. Tejeda did NOT have a very promising start tonight. Why did we give up Castro? He was pretty good from what I saw of him.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #60
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

On a good note though, looks like Tex is finding his power stroke finally.

Old 06-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #61
MavsGirl4142

Yeah, I hope Tex is getting hot. Looks that way right now. That homerun last night was kinda meaningless, but if it means Tex is getting his groove back, I'll take it.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 AM   #62
jleefilled
Platinum Member

At this point in the season, how does everyone feel about the pitching and the team in general? Do you think the Rangers can be legitimate conteders this year?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I think they can be contenders for the West as they stand now.

I think Loe will come back and be more effective. If Eaton comes back and is even close to what the Rangers thought he'd be, we'll be in decent shape.

Tex has to get his power back before DeRosa starts reverting back to his old form.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #64
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this thread titled "..............Doc, quit being an ass."

Isn't that like asking water to stop being wet? ?

Just curious..........

<Edit> It' 5:30 PM, Where's Doc. Good Grief it should never take this long for him to reply to one of my insults.

Last edited by dalmations202; 06-27-2006 at 05:31 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #65
MavsGirl4142

What exactly happened to get MY and Buck ejected? I was out of the room when it happened and I only saw a very short clip of it where Young threw his bat. The strike zone has been very erratic this game. And what was with him (sorry don't know the name of the sorry umpire tonight) getting into Barajas's face?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #66
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

Rangers have just been screwed!!!! specifically tex.

how can you miss that freakin' call!!! is there a conspiracy towards texas or something?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

MLB is fixed!!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #68
jly
Dirk for MVP

just when i started to respect the mlb more than the nba...

Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #69
jly
Dirk for MVP

can we protest this game???

Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #70
MavsGirl4142

That was AWFUL! I would have loved to seen the look of MY's face when Tex walked into the clubhouse after he got ejected. There must be a conspiracy toward Texas teams or something. First the Finals and now this. Tex had a fair/foul call on a home run that would have won the game a few days again. I feel really sorry for him. I would've gotten mad too.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #71
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
On a good note though, looks like Tex is finding his power stroke finally.
About time! He's on my fantasy team, I got him in a total steal trade in the begining of the season, but it hasn't looked as much of a steal as I would like it to be

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:12 AM   #72
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

Just curious..........

<Edit> It' 5:30 PM, Where's Doc. Good Grief it should never take this long for him to reply to one of my insults.

Because LonestarRob closed two previous threads of this sort because of "Doc's off topic talk/insults"

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:20 AM   #73
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
Rangers have just been screwed!!!! specifically tex.

how can you miss that freakin' call!!! is there a conspiracy towards texas or something?
Yeah, that was horrible. I don't know what the ump was thinking. The replay cleary showed a bunch of chalk fly up. If the Rangers miss the playoffs by one game you can look back at this play.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #74
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #75
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
As I've stated earlier, I was probably the biggest voice of hate on this board on that trade, but honestly, it's hard to be too mad about it right now. I don't know where we'd be without Aki right now.

And certainly he wouldn't be doing THAT well in our park.

I'd still undo the trade if I could, but it's hard to get too upset over it right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #76
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing last night's game I am surprised that more are not pissy about the ump/ref situation in the game.

Ugh.

You could clearly see chalk fly.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #77
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

Just curious..........

I've been on a working vacation. sheesh.

doofus.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #78
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Because LonestarRob closed two previous threads of this sort because of "Doc's off topic talk/insults"
Yeah, let's completely ignore the fact that Rob was a total pecker.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #79
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I've been on a working vacation. sheesh.

doofus.
Glad to see your back......
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #80
Drbio
Banned

hahaaaaa......check your rep dalm.