Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #1041
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So I finally got around to seeing DH II. And it, of course, left me annoyed and unsatisfied. What was most frustrating was that the majority of the movie was pretty good. Pretty good is of course based on the sliding scale that the entire series of movies has produced, since all but DH I were anything from severely disappointing to absolute garbage. But still, pretty good.

Even the Snape reveal was good, I thought. Certainly not what it could have been, but they hadn't put in the proper groundwork in the previous movies to give that scene its due. But based on what was available to them I thought it was good. The scene where Harry is dead was good, with some actual good work from Gambon.

And then....and then....it all basically sucked after that. Nothing close to the proper emotion when Voldy reveals that Harry is dead. Harry and Voldy flying around. Harry beating Voldy...why...because he's just better? No explanation at all? No Harry in Dumbledore's office being applauded by the paintings? Unforgivable. Harry BREAKING the Elder Wand???

Bleah.Triple Bleah. Awful, awful ending.

Good riddance.
I agree with all of that. I thought it was quite good right up until the last 30 min or so. And I saw it twice, hoping I might like the end better. I think I liked the end even less the second time, but the rest of the movie I liked even more.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #1042
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In a semi-related note.. Anne McCaffrey has passed away... Her books were a great read back when I was 12-13 years old...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #1043
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

she was the Dragonriders author.. right?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1044
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I just had one of the biggest nerdgasms of my life Tuesday night. My company had their annual sales kickoff in orlando, and they rented out "The Wizarding world of Harry Potter". It was pretty damn awesome. Looked/felt like you were in hogsmeade/Diagon Alley (it was kind of a mash-up of both). Butterbeer, Honeyduke's, Ollivander's, the Three Broomsticks, etc. the dragon roller coaster was cool, but the "experience" ride (where it looks/feels like you are riding a broomstick, and you're surrounded by dementors, dragons, spiders, etc.) was way cool.

And just the detail... the line to the experience ride (well, the walk-up, we didn't have lines cause it was rented out) went through hogwarts, with talking portraits, talking sorting hat, dumbledore's office, etc. Hell, they even had moaning myrtle in the bathrooms.

definitely recommend it if you are ever down in orlando.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-13-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #1045
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds amazing.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #1046
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I just had one of the biggest nerdgasms of my life Tuesday night. My company had their annual sales kickoff in orlando, and they rented out "The Wizarding world of Harry Potter". It was pretty damn awesome. Looked/felt like you were in hogsmeade/Diagon Alley (it was kind of a mash-up of both). Butterbeer, Honeyduke's, Ollivander's, the Three Broomsticks, etc. the dragon roller coaster was cool, but the "experience" ride (where it looks/feels like you are riding a broomstick, and you're surrounded by dementors, dragons, spiders, etc.) was way cool.

And just the detail... the line to the experience ride (well, the walk-up, we didn't have lines cause it was rented out) went through hogwarts, with talking portraits, talking sorting hat, dumbledore's office, etc. Hell, they even had moaning myrtle in the bathrooms.

definitely recommend it if you are ever down in orlando.
I was just there last weekend with my gf. Very cool but they need to expand it. Small space with a big crowd at least when I was there. I couldn't believe how good Butterbeer was.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #1047
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

so does potter die in the final movie or what?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #1048
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I was just there last weekend with my gf. Very cool but they need to expand it. Small space with a big crowd at least when I was there. I couldn't believe how good Butterbeer was.
Yeah, it's a small space. So I suggest renting it out.

Our event was at night, with a full moon, too. That added to the ambience of the village. It really all felt self-contained, like you were actually there, with no city around you. And the hogwarts castle was set up in perspective like you were viewing it from a great distance. The amount of detail in this place was crazy.

You go into ollivander's, and they put on a little show of a wand "choosing you". I wasn't selected, but one of the guys i was with got to say "accio ladder" - ended up pulling some shelves out instead, so the wand "wasn't for him"

Then we had a DJ toward the end (in the main village square area), and some wizards came out in full robes to dance with us. Pretty funny.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #1049
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Pottermore is finally open to the public!

I got sorted into Ravenclaw. Add me once you join up (AccioRook12094) and let me know who you are.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbledore is gay q=(, dumbledore kills snape, failed to cast leviosa, harry chases small balls, my elder wand is magical, snape dapes rumbledore, snape kills dumbledore, voldemort > harry, voldemort is awesome, your mom is awesome