Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #81
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Tough break for the Suns. I thought the Spurs would've pulled it out even if Nash was in there but atleast they could've had a fair chance at winning the game. The guy's nose was running like a V8 engine though. I don't agree with the no blood rule but it does make sense. You don't want two guys out there with open cuts playing against each other.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #82
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Sucks for the Suns, but that's the rule. Anyone who doesn't like it now has one more reason to hate Karl Malone since his complaining about Magic is what got that rule put in the books in the first place.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #83
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Wasn't the blood rule made because of Magic Johnson?

Either way... that was discusting... ewww
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #84
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
A run-and-gun team would have to win more than one championship to completely convince me that it is the new way to win. BUT I do believe that you must be equipped to deal with a run-and-gun team or you will get embarrassed like we did.
WEll, you'd at least be forced to admit that the theory that this style of play "can't win in the playoffs" has been disproven. In fact, I think you can pretty much dismiss that idea now.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
WEll, you'd at least be forced to admit that the theory that this style of play "can't win in the playoffs" has been disproven. In fact, I think you can pretty much dismiss that idea now.
Because the Warriors won one series?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #86
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

the mavs and kings had both made it deep years ago with that style. The knock is that it's not as consistent, and not as reliable, and is not as good a bet.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #87
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before ANY of such teams win the whole thing?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #88
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

The Suns and Warriors have yet to get out of the second round. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I do think that because of the rule changes and the lack of post players a run-and-gun team is a more viable option than it's been in the past. But one first-round upset is hardly definitive.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #89
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I'm not sure if this is anything new, but I would be willing to concede that to win nowadays you need the ABILITY to run, at least part of the time. That's why we desperately need a fast guard that can create some offense.

Last edited by Stranger; 05-06-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #90
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Every team needs to bitch every time they get a foul just like the Spurs. It really works it seems.

Be sure to stay tuned after the game the ref's are going to have Duncan walk on water.
Actually, the difference wasn't the refs or anything else. The difference in the game was that your suns are a bunch of pussies on the glass and got out rebounded by 14.

The foul calls throughout the game were remarkably even and the final stats show this to be true as the 6FT discrepancy is due to the fact that the suns were forced to intentionally foul at the end of the game. In fact, the Spurs had been called for more fouls until the final 2 min of the game.

Your boys need to grow some nuts and hit the glass. But that won't happen as nuts don't just sprout up over night.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #91
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

With Nash, LB, Bell, Marion, and Stoudemire on the floor and Marion guarding Parker and forcing him to leave the paint it does not give you alot of rebounding options.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #92
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
It's not just run-and-gun vs traditional... 7 of the last 8 championships have been won by Shaq or Duncan. It just shows how good they are.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #93
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
With Nash, LB, Bell, Marion, and Stoudemire on the floor and Marion guarding Parker and forcing him to leave the paint it does not give you alot of rebounding options.
And....? You do know that's coaching on D'Antoni's part right? That's all they have the personnel for. Kurt Thomas looks to be solid in limited minutes. If D'Antoni had another Kurt Thomas on the team i'm sure we'd see more of Amare at the 4. Suns are going to have a problem with the Spurs if they don't fix the rebounding descrepency. Especially since the Spurs shot 66% from the free throw line and too many turnovers. They're usually a care-free team.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #94
BaselineBum

BaselineBum will become famous soon enoughBaselineBum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Actually, the difference wasn't the refs or anything else. The difference in the game was that your suns are a bunch of pussies on the glass and got out rebounded by 14.

The foul calls throughout the game were remarkably even and the final stats show this to be true as the 6FT discrepancy is due to the fact that the suns were forced to intentionally foul at the end of the game. In fact, the Spurs had been called for more fouls until the final 2 min of the game.

Your boys need to grow some nuts and hit the glass. But that won't happen as nuts don't just sprout up over night.
Word! Phoenix wants to get out in the open court and start a fastbreak as soon as the ball is shot..........gotta have the ball first to get a fastbreak going. And don't even get me started about how D'Antoni looks like he just got electroucted after EVERY call against his team. How he didn't get Tech's in this game is beyond belief.

Last edited by BaselineBum; 05-06-2007 at 07:47 PM.
BaselineBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #95
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Hopefully the starting 5 next game are Nash, Bell, Marion, Amare, and KT. James Jones did nothing but pick up 2 fast fouls.

With Marion on Gino and Bell on Parker.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #96
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Today started the defeating of the "gimmick"

I hate the Spurs, but they know how to play "playoff basketball"
Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #97
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Hopefully the starting 5 next game are Nash, Bell, Marion, Amare, and KT. James Jones did nothing but pick up 2 fast fouls.

With Marion on Gino and Bell on Parker.
That might work better. But will Mike Dan Tony roll with that? I'm doubting that he will.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #98
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

He finally looks like a real canadian. Somebody get that man some skates and a stick

Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #99
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

One point that deserves mentioning: "run and gun" typically refers to a free flowing offense that places less emphasis on defense. In this style, points are given up rather freely with the expectation of getting them back quickly. GS did not beat Dallas by playing a straight up "run and gun" game. They played some great defense. They denied entries passes, doubled when the situation demanded it, and then recovered fairly effectively. A free flowing offense plus a consistent defense can win playoff games because it doesn't rely *solely* on the offense. I had not seen the defensive side of GS before this series. I have seen it come in streaks in Phoenix. In that way I see a shift from the "gimmick".
Defense has and always will win the championship. Offensive efficiency can greatly aid in the effort but cannot replace it.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 AM   #100
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
GS did not beat Dallas by playing a straight up "run and gun" game. They played some great defense.
And Dallas abandoned their own "traditional" approach for the home loss. That series was not a good a test of philosophies as Suns v. Spurs is.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #101
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
One point that deserves mentioning: "run and gun" typically refers to a free flowing offense that places less emphasis on defense. In this style, points are given up rather freely with the expectation of getting them back quickly. GS did not beat Dallas by playing a straight up "run and gun" game. They played some great defense. They denied entries passes, doubled when the situation demanded it, and then recovered fairly effectively. A free flowing offense plus a consistent defense can win playoff games because it doesn't rely *solely* on the offense. I had not seen the defensive side of GS before this series. I have seen it come in streaks in Phoenix. In that way I see a shift from the "gimmick".
Defense has and always will win the championship. Offensive efficiency can greatly aid in the effort but cannot replace it.
Very good analysis. Spot on...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #102
Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric will become famous soon enoughGrammaton Cleric will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBum
Word! Phoenix wants to get out in the open court and start a fastbreak as soon as the ball is shot..........gotta have the ball first to get a fastbreak going. And don't even get me started about how D'Antoni looks like he just got electroucted after EVERY call against his team. How he didn't get Tech's in this game is beyond belief.
So what else is new? The Suns routinely get outrebounded, yet they still won 61 games in the regular season and took out the Flakers in 5.

The thing that killed the Suns in this game was Duncan getting high percentage shots whenever he wanted. If the Spurs continue to shoot 50+ percent, the Suns are screwed. That stretch in the third where they made like nine out of ten shots is what turned the tide in their favor.

They need to get Duncan in foul trouble, which appears to be damn-near impossible.

As far as D'Antoni goes - well, better to have him hollering at the refs than his players. The Spurs on the other hand, are a joke with their incessant bitching after EVERY call. Duncan didn't get his first foul until the THIRD quarter, yet he looked like someone just shot his mother.

Do you ever see a Spurs player just man up and say, "Yup, I hacked him"?

Rarely, if ever. And it's typically some scrub trying to absorb a foul committed by Duncan.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #103
Nash2STAT
Banned

Nash2STAT can only hope to improve

Duncan never fouls. Everyone knows this by now, and the only ref who didn't believe it was fired from the league.
Nash2STAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #104
TruthbHeard

TruthbHeard is infamous around these parts

Id like to see the Jazz win it all, as long as Suns dont make it their im happy =P
TruthbHeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Has anyone seen Marion in the first quarter?

this is an interesting game
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #106
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Danny Crawford is just an awful referee. I hate him and his stupid-ass mustache.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #107
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthbHeard
Id like to see the Jazz win it all, as long as Suns dont make it their im happy =P
I don't see the Jazz beating either the Suns or the Spurs. I am rooting for the Pistons...
Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #108
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Only one spur in double figures through half time. Not really going to beat the Suns that way probably...
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #109
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That Duncan is pretty good.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #110
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

bad foul for duncan.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #111
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
That Duncan is pretty good.
yeah. old and slow and all that...
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #112
vjz

Good win for the Suns. Good defense on Duncan by KT & Nash was awesome.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 AM   #113
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Interesting that they don't double Duncan like the Warriors did double Dirk.

What does this tell us? Dirk is better than Duncan? Duncan's teammates are better than Dirk's?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 AM   #114
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli

What does this tell us? Dirk is better than Duncan? Duncan's teammates are better than Dirk's?
If it tells us anything, I think it's the latter --- the Suns probably figured out that if they don't give Manu, Bowen, Finley and Barry "check the wind" time on their threes, they shoot a lower percentage. Timmy D is probably going to get his 25+ no matter what.

I like the adjustment the Suns made this game --- starting Kurt Thomas to help Amare avoid picking up early fouls (that hurt them in game 1). Suns only got beat on the glass by a few boards (most of which were of the offensive variety), and started hitting shots after the first quarter (during which the team shot 26% from the floor, including Nash & Amare combining to shoot 2-12).

Suns still need to steal a game in SA to get back to even, so they still have the pressure imho.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 AM   #115
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli

That the Spurs have better 3pt shooters that need to be covered, which is more important to the Suns than Duncan getting his 25 or more.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #116
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
That the Spurs have better 3pt shooters that need to be covered, which is more important to the Suns than Duncan getting his 25 or more.
Does this mean we miss Finley as a spot-up three point threat?

He's been quite solid in the playoffs so far. Didn't he make 8 3-pointers in one game? Don't know about his defense, though...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #117
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea the Suns can't afford to come off of the Spurs 3 point shooters. That's the difference between the Mavs and the Spurs on offense. Duncan first off is a threat when passing. Second, Finley is shooting 51% from 3, Horry 42%, Bowen 45% and they all throw up when given the chance. I don't know what's Barry's problem. Wasn't he one of the best 3 point shooters in the regular season? You wouldn't think it. I don't believe he's made a 3 in the playoffs.

Quote:
He's been quite solid in the playoffs so far. Didn't he make 8 3-pointers in one game? Don't know about his defense, though...
Yea he's been real solid. Shooting 51% from 3, putting up 15.7 a game. Behind Duncan and Parker, he's been there 3rd best player on the team. Definately one of the most consistent. I won't lie watching Finley in the regular season at the beginning of the year I thought he was finished. But seems like he's just been waiting for the playoffs to come around. His defense on Carmelo in the 1st round was great. He does have his inconsistency's on that defensive end but the Spurs team defense covers his problems up.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Raja Bell was guarding him for a lot of the night last night. That shows how much D'Antoni feels Fin is still at threat.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #118
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Did anyone catch Bruce Bowen kicking amare in the back of the leg when he went up for that final dunk? Oh my, what a dirty play and Bowen should be suspended for a long time for intentionally trying to injure a player during the game (of course he won't). It's unreal how big of a bitch that dude is.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #119
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Ginobilli is dirty as well. But the dirty ones are the ones with the rings. Hell Mahorn and Lambeer make these guys look like pansy's. I welcome dirty play but not to the extent where guys can get hurt. Tony took a crazy fall yesterday as well. Clearly an accident on Barbosa's part but it was crazy how that play went. People were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #120
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Ginobilli is dirty as well. But the dirty ones are the ones with the rings. Hell Mahorn and Lambeer make these guys look like pansy's. I welcome dirty play but not to the extent where guys can get hurt. Tony took a crazy fall yesterday as well. Clearly an accident on Barbosa's part but it was crazy how that play went. People were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I agree completely with some dirty play. But kicking someone in the achilles when he is going up for a dunk because you are frustrated at losing is crossing the line. I seriously hope this play gets reviewed as there is no place in the game for that BS. It's not the first time Bowen has used his legs/feet in a dirty manner as Ray Allen and Wally world will tell you...