Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #81
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
baron just said that the whole team has the flu? wow
and allergies... sounds like some Nellie-esque sandbagging to me.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #82
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Just thought I'd stick my head in and see if the predictable was happening yet.

Yep.
You just added to it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
and allergies... sounds like some Nellie-esque sandbagging to me.
Bingo.

But I guess you need to stay with what works.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #84
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You just added to it.
I'm not sure how I could add to your circle jerk with Ape.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #85
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Bingo.

But I guess you need to stay with what works.
Next game, they'll be complaining about knife wounds that they picked up in a gang fight.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure how I could add to your circle jerk with Ape.
Umm...the predictability. You just added to that.

C'mon, KG. Admit that you enjoy watching world-class athletes show off their wares. This is an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #87
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
Next game, they'll be complaining about knife wounds that they picked up in a gang fight.
with the pacers
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #88
Henry_VIII

Quote:
with the pacers
over which team got the better end of the trade
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #89
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Umm...the predictability. You just added to that.

C'mon, KG. Admit that you enjoy watching world-class athletes show off their wares. This is an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball!
If you mean, is it a fun style of basketball to watch, sure if you don't expect it to produce a title.

I'm on record as saying the Jazz will beat the Warriors and the Spurs will beat the Suns, but if for some odd reason I end up being wrong about both series, it'll be interesting to see if a person is physically capable of rooting for two teams at once.

I guess the only really disgusting part about it is that you insist on displaying your Warriors fandom on a Mavericks message board.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #90
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I guess the only really disgusting part about it is that you insist on displaying your Warriors fandom on a Mavericks message board.
If the Mavs had taken care of their business, the Dubs wouldn't be on my radar.

Yet, I'm sure you know that most of my Warriors "fandom" is down to the old Maverick Nellie being their coach.

You can root for the laundry--and ONLY the laundry--all you want. I guess I get a little more invested in franchise greats than some people do, and I continue to wish them well once they move on from here. EDIT: Which they ALL seem to do, mind you. I guess Brad Davis is the only Mavericks great to end his career here.

Last edited by chumdawg; 05-07-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wink

Chum vs Cuban/Avery..... an idiots perspective:

It's like when your daughter is dating a boy that you think is great, and you really like him a lot. Then for some reason, she breaks up with him. And no matter how good the next one that comes along is, there's no way in hell you're going to like him, because you miss the other one too much. The new guy is screwed from the beginning.

And now Nellie is dating another girl and doing very well, and Chum is saying "See, I told you, you should've married HIM"

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #92
Henry_VIII

we need bob ortega to tell us how you can push the ball on a made basket, but you have to have that mindset.

Last edited by Henry_VIII; 05-07-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #93
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Both teams are shooting exactly 50% for the game as of 73-68 Warriors.....wow
Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #94
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
If the Mavs had taken care of their business, the Dubs wouldn't be on my radar.
I don't believe that for a minute. You've been rooting the Warriors on for the better part of the season. It seems to me that you're actually happy that they beat the Mavs.

Quote:
Yet, I'm sure you know that most of my Warriors "fandom" is down to the old Maverick Nellie being their coach.

You can root for the laundry--and ONLY the laundry--all you want. I guess I get a little more invested in franchise greats than some people do, and I continue to wish them well once they move on from here. EDIT: Which they ALL seem to do, mind you. I guess Brad Davis is the only Mavericks great to end his career here.
Which makes you a fan of players, not really the team. Fair enough.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #95
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

It's like when your daughter is dating a boy that you think is great, and you really like him a lot. Then for some reason, she breaks up with him. And no matter how good the next one that comes along is, there's no way in hell you're going to like him, because you miss the other one too much. The new guy is screwed from the beginning.

And now Nellie is dating another boy and doing very well, and Chum is saying "See, I told you, you should've married HIM"
Funny analogy.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #96
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'm going to support the winner of this series throughout the entire playoffs, I hope its the Jazz... or hope GSW is taken to at least 7 before they win. If GSW wins the title at least we wouldn't look as embaressed about losing to an eighth seed.

And it's not like Nellie winning a title would be a bad thing, I just can't stand that bearded bastard.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #97
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Warts are only shooting 47% on 3PA.

They may want to pick that up. They need some more 3's in transition like they did against the mavs.....

-not bitter
Old 05-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #98
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I don't believe that for a minute. You've been rooting the Warriors on for the better part of the season. It seems to me that you're actually happy that they beat the Mavs.
Brutha, I already know the answer to the question you posed upthread. It's possible to root for two teams at once. In fact, it's inevitable in some situations. You simply do not have a choice.

But it's hard, man. It's very hard. And it's emotionally draining in the worst way.

It's like a parent of two children who end up, through fate and circumstance, facing off against each other. What can you do? Whatever you do, you feel guilty.

Quote:
Which makes you a fan of players, not really the team. Fair enough.
Glad to see you so level-headed about it. Most folks on this "Mavericks" message board seem to think you are supposed to instantly go from loving a guy to hating a guy the moment he gets a new affiliation.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #99
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Hey, I was pulling for the Warriors. I'm not going to deny it. I enjoy seeing flat-earthers like kg proven wrong. I'm going to enjoy it even more when Nelson takes this wobegone franchise to the WC finals.. maybe further.

At this point, anyone who still thinks that a full court, fast pace style of basketball can't win in the playoffs is in some serious denial.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #100
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

someone has a crush on barnes...pam oliver. mhm.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #101
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
It's possible to root for two teams at once. In fact, it's inevitable in some situations.
I guess the first round proved that.

I am level-headed about it, because I think you're a good guy. Just misguided, that's all.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #102
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

And now Nellie is dating another girl and doing very well, and Chum is saying "See, I told you, you should've married HIM"
Or...it's like the daughter breaks up with the really good guy in favor of the drug-addled loser you KNOW she is worse off with. Then that relationship turns sour, meanwhile the good guy is off being the great person you knew he was.

If your idiot daughter is still single, you certainly do show her how much worse off she is for her poor decision.

Or you are a lousy parent.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #103
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
At this point, anyone who still thinks that a full court, fast pace style of basketball can't win in the playoffs is in some serious denial.
Sure it can.

But let's see it get past Utah, the Spurs, and the Pistons. Let's see it go all the way.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #104
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I guess the first round proved that.

I am level-headed about it, because I think you're a good guy. Just misguided, that's all.

And I think you're a good guy, but too willing to drink the Kool-Aid and too afraid to open your eyes and mind.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #105
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

I have an analogy...

You're building a sand castle on the beach. Some idiot comes over and kicks down your sand castle. KG and friends are looking at the ruins and saying "gee, that's a really great sand castle. I love it!"
Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I have an analogy...

You're building a sand castle on the beach. Some idiot comes over and kicks down your sand castle. KG and friends are looking at the ruins and saying "gee, that's a really great sand castle. I love it!"
That IS a great sand castle!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #107
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Hey, I was pulling for the Warriors. I'm not going to deny it. I enjoy seeing flat-earthers like kg proven wrong. I'm going to enjoy it even more when Nelson takes this wobegone franchise to the WC finals.. maybe further.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

BTW, "flat-earther" wouldn't be the correct analogy. The better analogy would be that you are Sisyphus.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I have an analogy...

That's an honest-to-goodness laugh out loud moment!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #109
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
And I think you're a good guy, but too willing to drink the Kool-Aid and too afraid to open your eyes and mind.
If the Kool-Aid is NBA history, I'll keep drinking until somebody makes some new history, I guess.

My eyes are wide open, brutha!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #110
Darth Ape
Banned

Quote:
Sure it can.

But let's see it get past Utah, the Spurs, and the Pistons. Let's see it go all the way.
The sad thing is that we'd probably already have seen it happen if Cuban hadn't blown up that 2003 team.

Golden State winning it all is an extreme longshot this year, but as I've said in other threads... Don Nelson will get a ring before Mark Cuban.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #111
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
That's an honest-to-goodness laugh out loud moment!
Only if you like bad analogies and/or Warrior fans.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #112
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Or...it's like the daughter breaks up with the really good guy in favor of the drug-addled loser you KNOW she is worse off with. Then that relationship turns sour, meanwhile the good guy is off being the great person you knew he was.

If your idiot daughter is still single, you certainly do show her how much worse off she is for her poor decision.

Or you are a lousy parent.
Wow, so Avery and the "system" are drug-addled losers.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #113
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

BTW, "flat-earther" wouldn't be the correct analogy. The better analogy would be that you are Sisyphus.
We can try another analogy, as long as we are in analogy mode. Imagine Hurricane Katrina is coming. (You can imagine a different hurricane, if you like that better. But make it a destructive one.)

Everyone is telling you it is coming, and it is dangerous. Folks are flat-out evacuating as quick as they can. But you? You say: "I'll believe that hurricane is a threat once I see it do its damage. Until then, it's just a thunderstorm."
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #114
Darth Ape
Banned

BTW - the Warriors have gone cold and the pace has really slowed
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #115
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
If the Kool-Aid is NBA history, I'll keep drinking until somebody makes some new history, I guess.

My eyes are wide open, brutha!
To the chicken, the farmer is the one who feeds him each and every morning.

Until one morning, when he cuts his head off.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
The sad thing is that we'd probably already have seen it happen if Cuban hadn't blown up that 2003 team.
You know...they say that living in the past really isn't good for you
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #117
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

mavs should take some passing lessons from the jazz.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #118
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
We can try another analogy, as long as we are in analogy mode. Imagine Hurricane Katrina is coming. (You can imagine a different hurricane, if you like that better. But make it a destructive one.)

Everyone is telling you it is coming, and it is dangerous. Folks are flat-out evacuating as quick as they can. But you? You say: "I'll believe that hurricane is a threat once I see it do its damage. Until then, it's just a thunderstorm."
Bad analogy, IMO, because hurricanes are historically proven to cause catastrophic damage.

Until there is some proof that "the future", as you call it, can win a title, I'm not going to be convinced.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #119
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
To the chicken, the farmer is the one who feeds him each and every morning.

Until one morning, when he cuts his head off.
Let me know when I'm headless, because I doubt I'll notice.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Let's see if the jazz can do what the mavericks failed to and take advantage of their foul trouble.