Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default GAME DAY THREAD!!! SIXTH GAME OF THE YEAR! GO COWBOYS!!

http://dallascowboys.com/multimedia_...D564F52D355EAD

"the game of the century"

New England Patriots at Dallas Cowboys

enough said.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-14-2007 at 01:28 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:29 AM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Chum is writing his Cowboys/300 pep talk.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Chum better give us something special this week.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Can't wait for this game.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Dang, everyone is going for the Patriots even Madden 08.

41- 10

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...nfl?id=3059315

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 10-14-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

I hope we win the American Bowl.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

On this day we face a new breed of warrior. He is upright, cocksure, and strong. He has laid waste to every enemy in his path, overcoming one and all with the mighty force of his brute offensive. He has cut a wide swath of destruction in his wake, and he thirsts and hungers for our very souls.

But on this day he will know our names. Today he will know the names of the righteous and mighty soldiers from the Lone Star State. We will wrest their God-forsaken hearts from their wicked chests and hold them up as the spoils of our victory. We will remove their evil entrails from their pitiful abdomens with dull knives and leave them out for the buzzards to eat.

The streets of Irving, TX, will be stained red with the unholy blood of our victims. Their pure and utter destruction will be known far and wide. And they will know, to a man, never again to enter the den of this righteous and holy lion.

May God have mercy on their souls, but may God give justice where justice is due.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #9
alby
Guru

thank you optimus.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 03:59 AM   #10
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone got their annointing oils ready???
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of Red Sox/Patriots fans out here in California for some reason.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I dreamed the Cowboys won.. So, at least my sub-conscious is on board, alby..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
We will wrest their God-forsaken hearts from their wicked chests and hold them up as the spoils of our victory. We will remove their evil entrails from their pitiful abdomens with dull knives and leave them out for the buzzards to eat.
I don't think they're allowed to show that on tv....well hopefully not in HD anyways.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I don't think they're allowed to show that on tv....well hopefully not in HD anyways.

No, you can show any kind of violence on TV - just no nudity at the halftime show... (afterall, this is family viewing!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-14-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you missed it, there's a nice piece on Romo in the New York Times today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/14/sp...ll/14romo.html

To my cowboy friends, I offer my condolences in advance.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #16
alby
Guru

I can't wait for this game.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Help me Alby-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

Only a few more hours...

Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #19
alby
Guru

one more half...

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

alby are you posting during game

Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
On this day we face a new breed of warrior. He is upright, cocksure, and strong. He has laid waste to every enemy in his path, overcoming one and all with the mighty force of his brute offensive. He has cut a wide swath of destruction in his wake, and he thirsts and hungers for our very souls.

But on this day he will know our names. Today he will know the names of the righteous and mighty soldiers from the Lone Star State. We will wrest their God-forsaken hearts from their wicked chests and hold them up as the spoils of our victory. We will remove their evil entrails from their pitiful abdomens with dull knives and leave them out for the buzzards to eat.

The streets of Irving, TX, will be stained red with the unholy blood of our victims. Their pure and utter destruction will be known far and wide. And they will know, to a man, never again to enter the den of this righteous and holy lion.

May God have mercy on their souls, but may God give justice where justice is due.
Thank you for that wonderful piece of literature.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #22
alby
Guru

No, ty--I will be at a sports bar

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #23
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

That's a great photo of Romo w/o his helmet at the top of that article.

Anyone know if Keith Davis is playing?
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #24
alby
Guru

We need Keith Davis.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #25
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
We need Keith Davis.
pistol pete is a legend =)
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ouch Mary, ouch.

Although, I suspect you'll be proven right....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Ouch Mary, ouch.

Although, I suspect you'll be proven right....
Getcha popcorn ready. ;P

Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

When asked to make his prediction...Shannon Sharpe said, "Which team does Roy Williams play for??? Cause I'm going with the other one!"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

why is CBS still on the Hou/Jax game that is 37 - 9????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well....it's time to show all the cards and see who's got the better hand.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

JJ is a very boring running back

Old 10-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

what a terrible first possession

Old 10-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

this is Brady's 100 start...and Romo's like 17th?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Whoa almost got caught with their pants down around their ankles on that one
Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

how embarrassing was that?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? Eff the Patriots.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

that was on a rope

Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Brady doesn't seem to really give a crap who is running at him from where.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Brady doesn't seem to really give a crap who is running at him from where.
its because he never gets hit.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

I hate the Pats so much...