Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #521
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^^MB3 would have fought for and gotten that yard...but there is no doubt that Kozier was in a pretty bad way.

I would have to go back and look again, but I feel like the majority of the calls against the Boys were of the "Braindead" variety

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #522
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

MB3 is always a beast. I still don't understand how he broke all of those tackles to avoid the safety.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #523
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
MB3 is always a beast. I still don't understand how he broke all of those tackles to avoid the safety.

it's the mirrors...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #524
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

For his stiff arms too?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #525
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

START MARION!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #526
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Anyone hear Crayton talking smack?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #527
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Crayton Not Ready To Call Patriots D 'Real Deal'
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
October 15, 2007 5:46 PM

IRVING, Texas - As an offensive player, Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton knows a good system when he sees one.

And his eyes, the Patriots certainly have an explosive offense.

But after facing New England's defense for four quarters on Sunday, Crayton didn't seem too impressed.

When asked Monday at his locker if he woke up that morning thinking how good the Patriots were, Crayton only smirked.

"No, why would I say something like that?" Crayton said. "Offensively, they are the real deal. I'm not going to lie about that. Definitely, I can tell you, no, they're not. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. But they're definitely not the real deal."

The penalties Crayton likely was referring to came in the second half. The Cowboys were stopped on three straight three-and-out possessions in the first half without committing a single penalty.

But the flags hurt the Cowboys on a pair of drives at the end of the third quarter and then to start the fourth.

After the Patriots had regained the lead 28-24, the Cowboys' next drive started with a holding penalty on Flozell Adams. The offense couldn't recover from first-and-20 and had to punt, setting up a Patriots field goal.

On the next drive, the Cowboys had a 23-yard reception from Tony Romo to Terrell Owens wiped out when Owens was called for an illegal shift. While Owens was able to get a 14-yard reception that set up a fourth-and-one play to start the fourth quarter, Marion Barber's first-down run was negated on a holding penalty by guard Kyle Kosier.

"We had our opportunities and we fought back," head coach Wade Phillips said. "I know the score doesn't look like it but certainly I think everybody can feel like we were right in there except for those penalties in that third quarter really hurt us."

Overall, the Cowboys were flagged 12 times, tying a season-high set in Chicago, for 98 yards.

But it wasn't just penalties that stymied the Cowboys offense.

The Patriots held the Cowboys to just 283 total yards of offense, including 199 passing yards from Romo, who still had a 91.0 quarterback rating thanks mostly to his two touchdown passes, one of which went to Crayton in the third quarter.

Crayton finished the game with five catches for 46 yards and a touchdown, giving him four this season - all in the last four weeks.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...E03BBFCB094CC4
Old 10-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #528
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Shut up crayton

and Barber getting out of the endzone. that's called desire. some players have it, some players don't

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #529
ty
Diamond Member

Seriously Crayton. Catch the ball with two hands and hold onto the ball with both hands before you start talking Super Bowl.

On another note:

http://omg.yahoo.com/first-photo-of-...-guy/news/3184

The girl's comment on the bottom reads:

Quote:
OMg!!! whY in the World would anyone Leave a hunk like Tony Romo (he's got an adorable baby face & a super Hottt bod) for that kid???!!!!! oh, wait, did he leave her??? That would be the only reasonable explanation!! He does look "gay-ish" NOooo offense to anyone!!!
Everyone understand why Kelly Clarkson has been at Cowboys practice and is singing for Thanksgiving now? ;P

Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #530
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

underwood >>>>>>>>>>>> clarkson

that's what happens when u lose to brady

is underwood with brady now? =p

Contact Me
Old 10-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #531
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
underwood >>>>>>>>>>>> clarkson

that's what happens when u lose to brady

is underwood with brady now? =p
Brady = Womanizer.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #532
ty
Diamond Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...182b92f16.html

Tank Johnson will not be back until November 11th vs. the Giants.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #533
alby
Guru

i think defensively, we can be so much better

yet, we are still 5-1

=]

Contact Me
Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #534
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Lets freaking do this man!

boys by 32
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:55 AM   #535
ty
Diamond Member

Alby called it...

2 touchdowns for Adrian Peterson.

Boys score 40+

Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #536
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's awesome how Barber is constantly more or less punching defenders in the face when they approach him to attempt a tackle. He has one of the most aggressive stiff arms I've ever seen.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #537
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Seriously?

That's an ACTUAL url? OMG.yahoo.com?

omg.yahoo.com?

Come on yahoo.....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #538
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Seriously Crayton. Catch the ball with two hands and hold onto the ball with both hands before you start talking Super Bowl.
he has 4 tds. he's dropped two balls in that chicago game. big whoop. crayton = $.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #539
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with the Cowboys but i'd put money that Patrick Crayton has the best hands on the team. Aside from this year dropping passes has been rare and if I remember correctly isn't that the game after his finger turned a 180? This all from a ex-qb lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #540
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Crayton's hands are indeed very, very good. But I still think that Terry Glenn has the best hands in the NFL.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #541
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

When is Terry Glenn supposed to comeback anyways?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #542
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

I love this coment by Carrie:

Quote:
"At one point it seemed like that's where it was headed, but point blank, he is about football," she reveals to the magazine. "I don't know if it's that I'm not quite his type or whatever, but I don't think he's at the point in his life where he would be willing to sacrifice football. He hated so much that people thought that he was paying more attention to me and that was causing him to not do well."

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/h...-07_3?gt1=7701
Old 10-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #543
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Crayton's hands are indeed very, very good. But I still think that Terry Glenn has the best hands in the NFL.
torry holt and marvin harrison laugh at this.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 AM   #544
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
torry holt and marvin harrison laugh at this.
They can laugh all they want, but it won't make a difference. If I were thinking of guys with better hands than Glenn, I wouldn't have thought of them. Both of those guys make their living on catching balls deep. No hands-skill there. I'm talking hands on intermediate routes. That's where you see how good a guy's hands are. Neither Holt nor Harrison are in Glenn's league.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #545
alby
Guru

I'm not making the GDT although its a sure victory for anyone who does.

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #546
ty
Diamond Member

I can't believe Carrie is with some nub. Not good enough for Romo.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #547
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
When is Terry Glenn supposed to comeback anyways?

No earlier than the Eagles game after the bye, but hopefully in time to join Tank Johnson in an ass-whuppin' of the Giants on November 11th...

I can't remember where I read this, but it was a footnote in one of the articles on dallascowboys.com...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-21-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #548
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
They can laugh all they want, but it won't make a difference. If I were thinking of guys with better hands than Glenn, I wouldn't have thought of them. Both of those guys make their living on catching balls deep. No hands-skill there. I'm talking hands on intermediate routes. That's where you see how good a guy's hands are. Neither Holt nor Harrison are in Glenn's league.
dude, im a huge boys fan but the thoughts on the cowboys hands in this thread are laughable. A) crayton doesnt have good hands. he actually has pretty crappy hands. B) glenn does have great hands but there is no way in hell they are better than harrison or holts.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote