Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official 2008 NFL Thread

So do we want to do a huge thread like we did for basketball last season?

Giants just scored on their first drive. Flaco has a commanding lead over me in Sike's whacky fantasy league.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That's about as bad a runover of a defensive player you'll ever see.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, Washington looks turrible.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

washington will be enjoying the cellar this year it looks like. i haven't seen a team play this badly in a while....
Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Washington...I thought we weren't going to have a game here. Now at least there's hope.

Captain Dumb Face looks pretty ok to me....again. I wonder if he really is getting better.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flaco has a commanding lead over me in Sike's whacky fantasy league
Go Plaxico!

Maybe Cooley will get involved for you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

What a wacky catch.

Edit: I've now used wacky twice in this thread and spelled it two different ways. I rule.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-04-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ohhh...there's captain dumb face back on form!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Washington's offense has been absolutely pathetic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I want to personally apologize for such a boring game. The only reason I stayed to watch was to see how crappy our offense was. I especially love our 3rd down strategy of throwing the ball short and getting tackled. That was my fav.

Anyway, the only thing that will cheer me up is the slaughtering of the Cowboys. See you Sunday.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Washington has a lot of work to do. Do you give the Giants the credit, or blame the Redskins?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

How big of an idiot is Zorn? The only chance he had was to kick the field goal after the first down with around 20 seconds left... but no, he went ahead and kept running offensive plays. He's an early season favorite to be on the hot seat...after 1 game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That was...underwhelming. Not a fitting beginning to what I hope is a fun, entertaining NFL season.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #14
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
How big of an idiot is Zorn? The only chance he had was to kick the field goal after the first down with around 20 seconds left... but no, he went ahead and kept running offensive plays. He's an early season favorite to be on the hot seat...after 1 game.
Uh... no. I didn't expect Washington to blow the Giants up with big numbers when they are adjusting to his West Coast offense. I'll give Zorn 3 more games before I start putting him on the "hot seat". Anyway, they had two long-balls that could have been caught for a touchdown in their final drive. Going for the win after that was pretty pointless.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's never pointless to go for it no matter how little the chances are. With 20 seconds, you have to try and kick the field goal, try an onside kick, and then heave a hail mary into the endzone. That is the only chance. Any football guy will tell you that that is what should have been done.. well, except Zorn.

If you disagree, you're an idiot.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

There were times at the end when they showed him and he just looked like this was all over his head. He better win a game in the next 3-4 weeks or he's going to get the can.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ocho Cinco unveiled

Quote:
By GEOFF HOBSON
September 4, 2008
RSS
ShareThis

Updated: 6:25 p.m.

It was official in Florida.

Now it is official in the NFL.

The former Chad Johnson is now Chad Ocho Cinco and will wear the name on the back of his uniform in Baltimore Opening Day Sunday.

The Bengals sent out the following press release:

"Effective today, the Bengals begin the process of listing the former Chad Johnson as Chad Ocho Cinco for all club business, per the legal change of his surname effected in Florida. The list of appropriate changes will include the player wearing the name Ocho Cinco on the back of his jersey for Sunday's season opener at Baltimore."

The No. 85 Ocho Cinco jersey could go on sale at the Paul Brown Stadium Pro Shop as early as Wednesday, said Monty Montague, the Bengals merchandise manager.

"At the latest, we're hoping Thursday," Montague said. "We think it's going to be a big seller because Chad has gone by that name for awhile."

Asked why the NFL decided to recognize the name change, league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail, "It's his legal surname."
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7020

Last edited by Windmill360; 09-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
I want to personally apologize for such a boring game. The only reason I stayed to watch was to see how crappy our offense was. I especially love our 3rd down strategy of throwing the ball short and getting tackled. That was my fav.

Anyway, the only thing that will cheer me up is the slaughtering of the Cowboys. See you Sunday.
Prepare to have a sh!tty football week...

(oh, and 'eff the 'Skins!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-05-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, it must suck to be a Foreskins fan

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

At least the Foreskins and Caseman have their preseason record to be proud about

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-05-2008 at 11:02 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #21
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

The Redskins seemed to be doing the same strategy during the preseason where they'd throw quick and short, then let the receiver make a move for extra yards.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
It's never pointless to go for it no matter how little the chances are. With 20 seconds, you have to try and kick the field goal, try an onside kick, and then heave a hail mary into the endzone. That is the only chance. Any football guy will tell you that that is what should have been done.. well, except Zorn.

If you disagree, you're an idiot.
I'm not gonna say he didn't go against the conventional football rulebook. I'm just saying I don't care. This team has more to worry about than trying for a fleuk win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
At least the Foreskins and Caseman have their preseason record to be proud about
We were still undefeated for the first 2 games!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
The Redskins seemed to be doing the same strategy during the preseason where they'd throw quick and short, then let the receiver make a move for extra yards.
A.K.A. West Coast offense.

Last edited by Caseman; 09-05-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Is it noon yet?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Every year I forget how awful these NFL pregame shows are. Just awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #25
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta is going to be good this year. Darkhorse.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Atlanta is going to suck this year. Don't buy into Matt Ryan.

Favre to Crotchrocket with TD number 1. I'm so bitter that I didn't end up with Crotch in the keeper league.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #27
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Rams are pathetically weak.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

LJ Smith with the touchdown. What's up Alby!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ok, Atlanta will suck after this week. Right now they're destroying Detroit. Wow.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Brady out with a knee injury
Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #31
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Houston's stinkin' it up so far. Badly! Right now i'm glad i bought my TV instead of going to that game
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Jets are playing the rest of the game today with no kicker.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Holy crap what a hit on Stephen Jackson, and what a catch.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Someone help me out here. What leg is that, and is it as bad as it looks at first glance?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #35
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Def. looks like his leg shouldn't be bending that way.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #36
BGMaverick9
Guru

sigh...
Old 09-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #37
Windmill360
Diamond Member

seems like he was able to walk off though?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

You can walk with a completely torn ACL.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Marc Bulger has looked about as bad as you can possibly looked today.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I heart football so much.

I heart HD

I heart Sundays