Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice
Default Would you....Starbury

Just puttin git out there...Stephon Marbury is supposed to be waived by the knicks soon: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ury_this_week/ Would Cuban consider him as a back up to Kidd? We all know Starbury is one of if not THE most selfish players in the league, but he can flat out light it up if need be. If he were to back up kidd, JET could come in the relieve the 1 or 2. Our line up would look like this:

Damp | Diop
Dirk | Bass | Singleton
J-Ho | Stack | George
Green | Jet
Kidd | Starbury | JJ

That 2nd unit is just as good as any 1st unit NBA team. Maybe Starbury will end his selfish ways for an opportunity to win a ring. I'd like to see premiere PG's (Paul, D. Williams, Nash) take on a combo PG dosage of kidd and Starbury. I'd say Mavs should give it a shot if the opportunity arises.

Last edited by destroy ALL; 09-23-2008 at 02:15 PM.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

N-O means no.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I can see him going to GSW.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

because i always bet against alby..i'm going to say N-O means yes.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing good to ever come out of the guy is cheap shoes for poor people...and rich people too of course.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

no
Old 09-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

do I like constant headaches?

Marbury and Howard on the same team? Oh yeah!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

At this point, the Mavs need to roll the dice a bit. I would seriously start to look at people like Marbury, Vince, etc. and maybe you can catch lightning in a bottle. Otherwise, we are going out in the first round again. If Stephon can buy into the team concept that Carlisle and Cuban and Dirk sold him, I would roll the dice.

And Stephon is one of my least favorite players EVER, but hey, that is just where I am at right now.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Have we ever had a guy with a tattoo on his head?.......
.........wait a minute did Rodman have one?
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Marbury hasn't been a relevant NBA player in about 4 years, and even then he was a crappy defender and selfish with the ball. Maybe he's just extraordinarily fresh from not having played much recently, but I'd say the odds are somewhat better that the real upside on Marbury is something in the neighborhood of a poor mans JJB. I'd rather the Mavs used their remaining roster spot(s) on the likes of Rhodes and Reyshawn.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

i say sign him to the minimum and take our chances. we have nothing to lose.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I was actually gonna bring this up earlier. Instead of having Marbury play back up pg..I would rather see him play alongside Kidd at the sg position. Not saying that he starts, but when he gets some time I think that would be the best fit. And from what people are saying hes in really good shape and is shooting really well

I dont like the guy, but would def. give him a chance for cheap an have him be the 3rd or 4th sg/pg

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
And from what people are saying hes in really good shape and is shooting really well
Ha! They say that every year about Stephon. The truth is, he is not in very good shape and he is shooting as crappy as he usually does.

Still, at a bargain, he could be worth the risk.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

For the minimum? Yea i'd bring him in. I look at Starbury and guys like him as a guy who can either help this franchise or do nothing at all. I don't think he can hurt us. At the very least can't we just cut him no problem with a 1 year deal if it doesn't work out? I think though if he were to come here he'd expect to get heavy minutes. I'd like to think he's like TO two years ago and just wants a fresh start to show people he's learned his lessons. But something about Starbury just tells me he's going to be the same Starbury. Maybe its the tattoo he got on his head.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
i say sign him to the minimum and take our chances. we have nothing to lose.
He should go to Houston to be their 3rd PG.

Contact Me
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Marbury drama > Howard drama

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #17
alby
Guru

especially for the min.

Contact Me
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by MavsX; 09-24-2008 at 09:35 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #19
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

Looks like Marbury will either stay a knick:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...y_buyout_talk/

Or join the Spurs, Celtics, Heat or Clippers:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_or_clippers/
Old 09-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Tempting... but hell naw.

Chemistry is one of the few good things going for this team. Lets not ferk that up too.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #21
destroy ALL

Mavs interested in Starbury? (From ESPN's Weekend Dime)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-081115-16

Don't dare compare Stephon Marbury to Stephen Jackson.
Just because Jackson was not your typical, reserved Spur back in 2003 when he helped San Antonio win a championship -- and just because Marbury did a little lobbying this week for consideration from the injury-ravaged Spurs if he becomes a free agent -- that doesn't mean you should expect to see Marbury's name on a list of potential fill-ins for sidelined Tony Parker.

Gregg Popovich got a lot out of Jackson in '03 and expressed interest in reuniting with Latrell Sprewell in recent years after coaching Spree in the early 1990s as a Golden State assistant. But I think we can safely say that Marbury is in a different category, which should explain why, based on everything I've heard, Steph won't be considered by the Spurs no matter how thin they seem while waiting for Parker and Manu Ginobili to heal.

If you're looking for a Texas team that will give Marbury a real look, NBA front-office sources say it's Dallas. Mavs owner Mark Cuban has a friendly relationship with Marbury, and Cuban's team clearly needs more scoring off its punchless bench. With Jason Terry operating primarily as a shooting guard these days, J.J. Barea is Dallas' primary backup to Jason Kidd at the point.

At this point, though, club sources say that the Mavs have merely resolved to talk with Marbury and consider the option if Steph continues to progress toward a buyout with the Knicks. There will be inevitable hesitations about what Marbury would do to the Mavs' chemistry -- which isn't looking terribly solid under new coach Rick Carlisle -- and louder questions about how he'd fit as an understudy to Kidd after those two were swapped for each other in the summer of 2000, after which Kidd led the Nets to back-to-back appearances in the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003.

At this point I think the Mavs should take a chance on a Hungry Starbury becasue quite frankly...the Mavs are in need of a hungry player who wants to prove something. And oh yea...JJB as your back up PG is a GARGANTUAN JOKE!

Last edited by destroy ALL; 11-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #22
alby
Guru

I want to make a big splash with some player movement because the core of this team is still fundamentally flawed until we move Terry, but "Starbury" isn't what I had in mind.

Contact Me
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

would I what?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote