Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Student fraternities - what did you experience or witness

Uhm - go !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 11-19-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: orthography
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree. could not have said it better.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

fraternities really are like the internet spam of the college experience.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Something about a horse and a girl. Memory hazy.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Good way to nail a bunch of chicks . . . .

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Partied too hard in HS, didn't make it to a traditional college...but I did attend a few frat parties in different towns...some good ole days!!!

Caught a documentary last night...Animal House 30 years later...I've only seen the first half, hope to watch the rest of it on the DVR tonight. That was pretty much the experiences that I had from one frat party to another.

Then I up and joined the ARMY

To relive "Animal House" - maybe a remake...something called "Animal House wins the White House" It could be a story about 60's folks, like Bill Clinton...winning the White House and then the parties that take place.

Dang it...I'm getting off topic...back to your frat party and bombing Pearl Harbor...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Fraternities seemed so completley different from each other (some full of losers, others seemed to have a lot going for them), but I still kept to my personal policy to not step inside any of their houses! No offense to the fun & decent guys I met along the way! It's cool to see the lifetime friendships that some guys developed during that time.

As an RA, I noticed that the fraternity houses across the parking lot from our apartments/dorms could (on a regular basis) get away with things that never would have been allowed in the dorms I worked in (juniors & seniors). Not sure why there was a double standard, but it did mean better studying conditions in my building (which my overtaxed brain needed).

I forgot to add:
My husband used to crash on the couch of some fraternity house at Penn State. (He'd go up there to do freelance TV gigs.) I know that he played on their intramural sports team at least a few times - just used some other guy's ID. What stands out to me most about his own fraternity is that he's still pretty tight with several of his brothers, and even the ones he rarely sees... there's still a connection there. That's really cool.

Sorry I don't have more to offer!

Last edited by Smiles; 12-04-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote