Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official GDT - Cowboys vs Steelers!

Cowboys vs. Steelers
With Barber Out, December Becomes More Difficult

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...E41E1E39285DE4

GAME SET WHAT: Dallas Cowboys (8-4) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3)
WHEN: Sunday, 3:15 p.m. (CST)
WHERE: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
TELEVISION: Fox (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver)

BIG ISSUE: The Cowboys already were in for a long, tough December, but that four-game bumpy road immediately became more difficult Saturday morning when the Cowboys decided starting running back Marion Barber would not make the trip on the team's charter flight to Pittsburgh later that day. While the Cowboys had at least listed Barber "questionable" on Friday after he did not practice all week because of the dislocated right little toe he suffered on Thanksgiving Day, they decided after the Saturday morning walk-through he had not improved enough to play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. That means rookie Tashard Choice will make his NFL starting debut against not only the top-ranked defense in the NFL but also the league's top defense against the run and the pass. There is no word yet if Barber might be ready to go next Sunday against the Giants at Texas Stadium, and that has to be a concern for the Cowboys since the four teams they must face in December not only have a combined 34-13-1 record, but also go into Sunday's games as the No. 1, 2, 3 and 7 defenses in the NFL - definitely a daunting task for a team which has faded down the stretch in recent years. Nevertheless, the Cowboys still need to win to keep pace in the NFC wild-card race, and could take the lead depending on the outcome of a few NFC South games. Currently, the Cowboys trail two NFC South teams - Carolina (9-3) and Atlanta (8-4) - for the two wild-card playoff spots. But, if Carolina beats Tampa Bay (9-3) on Monday night to take over first place in the NFC South and the Cowboys win, the Cowboys would then move into the tiebreaker spot since they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Bucs. And the Cowboys could pick up some help if Atlanta loses to the Saints (6-6) on Sunday in New Orleans.

The Steelers' postseason positioning isn't exactly sewn up either. Home-field advantage is edging closer and closer to the 11-1 Tennessee Titans at the top of the AFC, but the Steelers are still playing for a first-round bye. To get that bye, the Steelers need to have the second-best record in the conference at season's end. Pittsburgh is currently second in the AFC, but AFC North rival Baltimore is holding onto a wild-card spot at 8-4 and right on the Steelers' heels. If Baltimore ends up with the better record, the Ravens win the division, and Pittsburgh would be scrambling for a wild-card spot. Beating the Cowboys would go a long way toward securing that first-round bye.

NUMBERS, PLEASE: Since the Steelers have limited all 12 opponents to less than 300 total yards offense, many experts are quick to count out the Cowboys, questioning whether they can produce enough offense against such a defense. But in the two losses the Cowboys have suffered with quarterback Tony Romo under center, moving the football has not been an issue, Romo eclipsing the 300-yard mark by himself against Washington in Week 4 (300 yards passing) and against Arizona in Week 6 (321 yards passing).

The Steelers' defense is a dominant one, ranking No. 1 in the NFL in 10 team categories. Most impressive, along with stopping 12 consecutive opponents for less than 300 yards - two short of matching the NFL record of 14 set by the Los Angeles Rams in 1973 - is holding opponents to a league-best 3.9 yards a play. And while the Steelers have 20 takeaways, only once have they taken one of those turnovers back for a touchdown.

ONE-ON-ONE: The Cowboys have to be overjoyed DeMarcus Ware, the NFL's leader in sacks (15), will be able to play Sunday. Ware hyper-extended his knee on Thanksgiving against Seattle and only returned to practice this Thursday wearing a brace. Ware, coming off a three-sack game, will draw a lot of attention from Pittsburgh blockers, who have given up the sixth-most sacks in the league (36). Ware will likely be doubled most of the time, but on the rare occasion he does end up one-on-one against fifth-year tackle Max Starks, starting in place of the injured Marvel Smith, expect him to make the Steelers pay.

The Cowboys showed on Thanksgiving Jason Witten is still a relevant part of their passing game, and the Cowboys will need another productive day from Witten to beat the vaunted Steelers defense. Witten will find himself working against Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu a lot. Polamalu is a defensive enforcer who flies all over the field, so the Cowboys would like to limit his effect on the game by at least keeping him occupied in coverage. To do that, they'll make sure to work Witten against him in the passing game, drawing coverage away from wide receivers Roy Williams and Terrell Owens.

SUPPORTING ROLE: With Barber already declared out of this game, Choice will make the first start of his NFL career. Choice played well in relief of Barber in the second half of the Cowboys' Thanksgiving Day win against Seattle when their Pro Bowl running back suffered the dislocation, rushing for 57 yards on 11 carries, and the Cowboys will need a productive day from him to keep the Steelers defense honest. Certainly running the ball effectively will be important for Choice, but equally important will be knowing his blitz pickups along with making good decisions on when to release out of the backfield to become a receiver in the passing game. The Cowboys also made a good decision on Friday to sign first-year running back Alonzo Coleman off their practice squad just in case Barber couldn't go, ensuring they would have at least two healthy running backs on game day. Coleman, who spent all last year on the Cowboys practice and should know the playbook well enough, must be ready if Choice needs a breathier.

With Steelers starting defensive end Brett Keisel set to miss his second straight game with a knee injury, veteran Travis Kirschke, in his 12th year in the league, is set to receive his second consecutive start. Kirschke has started three other games this season when Keisel was injured. In his four starts this season, Kirschke has recorded 18 total tackles, although he doesn't have much starting experience throughout his career. Lining up at right end, Kirschke will butt helmets with another fill-in, Cowboys left guard Montrae Holland, who will start his second consecutive game in place of starter Kyle Kosier, recently placed on injured-reserve and who had surgery on Friday to repair ligament damage in his foot. He may also at times work against Cowboys left tackle Flozell Adams when the Cowboys bring a tight end to the left side to block, allowing Holland and Cowboys center Andre Gurode to double team Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton.

HEADSET GAMES: The Steelers haven't allowed a team to gain 300 yards of total offense all season, but don't expect the Cowboys not to try. Dallas lives and dies by the big play, and despite the opposing defense and the probably cruddy weather and field conditions on Sunday, the Cowboys will still take their shots. The last thing they want is to turn this into a grind-it-out, ball-control game. If Barber was available, the Cowboys might have had a chance in that type of contest. So without him and knowing Choice has never had more than 11 carries in an NFL game, most of the offensive burden will fall on Romo. The two-time Pro Bowl quarterback must play mistake-free football and spread the ball around to Owens, Williams and Witten to keep the Steelers honest. In two of the Steelers' three losses this year, they did not record a takeaway.

The Steelers' offense hasn't blown anyone away recently, but the way their defense is playing, they receive a lot of help. So the Cowboys' defense can't be giving up a bunch of points. The Cowboys must first make sure they control the struggling Steelers running attack, forcing Roethlisberger to make plays down the field. The Steelers quarterback has struggled some this year without a strong rushing attack, having thrown 13 touchdown passes and been intercepted 12 times. Plus, he's been getting sacked much too often, so it will be imperative the Cowboys continue to get pressure on Roethlisberger as the game wears on.

HEALTH WATCH:

Cowboys
The injury misfortune simply continues for the Cowboys, first having to play three games without Romo, then six without Terence Newman, now a 10th without Kyle Kosier (foot surgery on Friday) and safety Roy Williams, and on top of all that, the first without Barber (toe). And it must be troubling for the Cowboys that this injury occurred 10 days ago, and he's still not ready to play. Thankfully, Ware was able to get back into practice on Thursday after hyper-extending his left knee against Seattle and is listed as probable and will start Sunday. The Cowboys still will be without backup wide receiver Miles Austin and rookie corner Mike Jenkins, neither practicing all week and already ruled out of this game. Somewhat troubling was Roy Williams' absence from practice on Friday with a foot problem, but he is being listed as probable, along with backup wide receiver Isaiah Stanback (shoulder).

Steelers
The Steelers already know they'll be without the services of starting left tackle Marvel Smith (back) and starting defensive end Brett Keisel (knee) since both are listed as out. The rest of the players on the injury report are listed as probable - backup defensive end Travis Kirschke (back), backup corner Bryant McFadden (forearm), starting running back Willie Parker (shoulder, knee), starting strong safety Troy Polamalu (calf), starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (knee), and starting defensive end Aaron Smith (knee).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, needless to say I'm pumped about this game. And with Marion injured, The People's Choice is going to get the chance to show the NFL what he can do. I think he's going to surprise a few people.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-07-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Very good game!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This would be the absolute perfect game for Marion Barber. Very frustrating to not have him for this game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN.com is saying that Ware has been downgraded to questionable over concerns on how the cold weather will impace his knee.

If Ware doens't play just go ahead and kill me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

GO COWBOYS!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If both Ware and Barber don't play...this will get downright ugly.
I'm excited though for the atmosphere of the game. Very cold, snowy conditions...two classic teams. Should be fun in that sense.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I think we can win this without Barber and Ware. More importantly without Ware. The Steelers has been better these past few weeks but I still think Spencer and Ellis could get to Ben through this o-line. I think in all I wouldn't expect the Steelers to put up no more than 13 or 14 this game. The Cowboys offense is what's going to win this game. That's why I think the Barber injury is huge. And I like Choice but he's a rookie and a rookie picking up the blitz....I don't care who you are you're going to have problems especially against the best defense in the league. I think we're going to see a lot of Deon Anderson today and rightfully so. I expect him even to get some carries.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If both Ware and Barber don't play...this will get downright ugly.
I'm excited though for the atmosphere of the game. Very cold, snowy conditions...two classic teams. Should be fun in that sense.
Actually, I don't think it will snow during the game. It will just be bitterly cold (21 degrees).
Old 12-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think we can win this without Barber and Ware. More importantly without Ware. The Steelers has been better these past few weeks but I still think Spencer and Ellis could get to Ben through this o-line. I think in all I wouldn't expect the Steelers to put up no more than 13 or 14 this game. The Cowboys offense is what's going to win this game. That's why I think the Barber injury is huge. And I like Choice but he's a rookie and a rookie picking up the blitz....I don't care who you are you're going to have problems especially against the best defense in the league. I think we're going to see a lot of Deon Anderson today and rightfully so. I expect him even to get some carries.
Also expect plenty of two TE formations.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Actually, I don't think it will snow during the game. It will just be bitterly cold (21 degrees).
70% chance of snow, actually...

I still think we can win this game if we put 21 points on the board - Big Ben has looked pedestrian this season and Parker is iffy (although Moore could be a handful), but I doubt they score over 17 in this weather... A Pacman pick-six should steal the game...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-07-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Now Ware being downgraded scares me. He's the best defensive player in the league imo, and you can't replace a guy like that. He might be the second most important player on this team behind only the jedi master himself, Tony Romo.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I still think we can win this game if we put 21 points on the board - Big Ben has looked pedestrian this season and Parker is iffy (although Moore could be a handful), but I doubt they score over 17 in this weather... A Pacman pick-six should steal the game...

21 sounds like a pretty decent magic number...I'd go with that too. I don't expect a TON of scoring for both sides today. I'd like to think they've circled the wagons today and know this is crunch time and if they want to make the playoffs and go far, they need to win games like today. So they need to win.

Moore is the guy to watch, they've got 3 guys in that backfield but one of them you really only need to worry about until the goal-line.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Now Ware being downgraded scares me. He's the best defensive player in the league imo, and you can't replace a guy like that. He might be the second most important player on this team behind only the jedi master himself, Tony Romo.
Honestly...I would in this specific game:
Poor Weather
Terrible Field conditions

That together, it just doesn't mix well.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah, I just don't fear that Steelers offense so I'm thinking 21 is a pretty good bet for our magic number. Of course, that's still a pretty big number against a stout defense like Pittsburgh...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, I just don't fear that Steelers offense so I'm thinking 21 is a pretty good bet for our magic number. Of course, that's still a pretty big number against a stout defense like Pittsburgh...
At a quick glance (so I might've read it wrong), they've only given up 21 points or more THREE times this year. SO it's definitely a problem getting there. With this weather, I think if you can get there...you've got a real chance.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At a quick glance (so I might've read it wrong), they've only given up 21 points or more THREE times this year. SO it's definitely a problem getting there. With this weather, I think if you can get there...you've got a real chance.
I figure we need a TD from either our defense or special teams - 14 should be do-able for Romo and Choice...

Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The last time this offensive line went up against a pash rush this great was the Giants last year in the playoffs. I sure hope the line is more ready today than they were that day because it will be a long day if they let Romo get battered like that day. That's definitely my biggest fear, especially if, God forbid, they get a shot in there that injures Romo.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I figure we need a TD from either our defense or special teams - 14 should be do-able for Romo and Choice...
Probably so...but if that's the case, come on Defense. I don't see a major break-out run via special teams.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Probably so...but if that's the case, come on Defense. I don't see a major break-out run via special teams.
Snow games usually have a couple unpredictable big plays - it just depends on which guy's cleats dig into the ground and which guy's catch ice...

Better pray to the Football Gods!

Last edited by Underdog; 12-07-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #21
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Just heard on Fox that no one knows why but Pac-Man's role has been upgraded and he's expected to take Henry's spot while Henry will play some at free safety. I don't like the fact we're relying on Pac-Man so much or the fact that we wait now to put Henry at safety but I do have faith in Wade Phillips when it concerns the defense.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

Yeah.

Really though, there is little to "lose" in this game vs what can happen if you win. Of course a loss hurts, but:
a) tough D
B) road, crappy conditions
c) missing star players

If you can find a way to get the win, it's going to do wonders for the confidence and really set things up for success to make a nice run.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

In the cold weather, if it's windy, anything can happen. I would not be surprised to see the Cowboys win this game at all. I think they'll be forced to try to the move the ball through the air and they have the best personnel in the league for that.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #24
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:

Where are you seeing that? Weather.com lists it as only a 5% chance of precipitation at kickoff.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #25
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Just heard on Fox that no one knows why but Pac-Man's role has been upgraded and he's expected to take Henry's spot while Henry will play some at free safety. I don't like the fact we're relying on Pac-Man so much or the fact that we wait now to put Henry at safety but I do have faith in Wade Phillips when it concerns the defense.
The crazy thing is though, The Cowboys blog at dallasnews.com went through a stat-breakdown a few weeks ago and Pac-Man was our best corner statistically speaking. Of course, he will have some rust to shake off, but he's been practicing for a bit now so maybe he's ready for it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-07-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I don't think there's any questi9on that Pac is a better corner than Henry at this point. Plus in a game where you think you may need a defensive touchdown, I have no issue with him starting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
The crazy thing is though, The Cowboys blog at dallasnews.com went through a stat-breakdown a few weeks ago and Pac-Man was our best corner statistically speaking. Of course, he will have some rust to shake off, but he's been practicing for a bit now so maybe he's ready for it.
Oh I agree. I saw with my own two eyes that Pac-Man was solid before he got suspended.

My complaint is that I thought Hines Ward is the type of receiver made for Henry. A big physical receiver with not great speed. And i'm sure we'll still see Henry on him but I don't like Pac-Man in that matchup. Maybe Scandrick. I don't think you can afford not having Newman on Holmes. Him and Nate are some of the fastest receivers in the league. I'm sure we'll see Scandrick on Washington some but I definately don't want to see Henry on either guy.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #28
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I just have a gut feeling that we are gonna get creamed.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

Uh oh...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

polalamalu is giong to destroy us.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the Steelers can't move the ball against Dallas.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Don't be fooled .... they CAN score.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Make a tackle...get up...look for the nearest camera...ignore your teammates trying to congratulate you...yell loud and celebrate like you scored a touchdown....make an idiot out of yourself...

I am so tired of all NFL players doing this.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #34
Windmill360
Diamond Member

i hope pacman doesn't become a huge liability in this game.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

There's coach bumpkin celebrating the wind.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #36
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Nice, we got out of that one unscathed...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Witten coming up big so far. Against a defense like Pittsburgh we definitely need a big game from him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #38
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Witten is just a blessing to this franchise and the NFL.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wearing down that Steeler defense. If Dallas can just have a few drives like this then things might really open up for them in the second half, and there's no way Pitt can keep up.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That's an easy 4th down right there.

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3