Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ware Still The One
Only Ware Makes First-Team All-Pro; Witten On Second

link

IRVING, Texas - Maybe this is an indication of the team's performance. Perhaps an indication of the level of talent or how the Cowboys played this season.

But when the 2008 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team was announced on Friday, outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware was not only the lone Cowboys player selected to the first team, but just one of five players even receiving votes.

For Ware, this was the NFL's 2008 sack leader's third consecutive appearance on the AP All-Pro team, his 45 votes leading the league's outside linebackers, which included Pittsburgh's James Harrison, selected the AP NFL Defensive MVP earlier this week who joined him on the first team with 36 votes. Ware and Harrison also have been selected to SI.com's 2008 All-Pro team as the outside linebackers.

On the AP All-Pro squad, though, Ware is joined by Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, selected to the second team, his 14 votes well behind first-team All-Pro tight end Tony Gonzalez of Kansas City (33 votes).

In 2007, when the Cowboys finished the regular season with an NFC-leading 13-3 record, five players were selected to the AP All-Pro team, including Ware, Witten, Terrell Owens, Flozell Adams and Leonard Davis. Adams and Davis were second-teamers.

The disappointing 2008 season, with the Cowboys finishing 9-7 and failing to qualify for the playoffs for the first time in three seasons, showed in the voting. Only three other Cowboys players even received votes, Jay Ratliff placing fifth among defensive tackles with three votes, Davis finishing sixth among the guards with two votes and cornerback Terence Newman ranking in a five-way tie for seventh with one vote. Ware also received one vote as a defensive end.

Baltimore safety Ed Reed was the only unanimous selection this year, showing up on all 50 ballots. The next highest vote-getter was Tennessee's defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, receiving 49 of the 100 total votes for two defensive tackle spots. Next were Ware, Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson and Houston wide receiver Andre Johnson, each receiving 45 of the 100 votes for the two spots at their respective positions.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default wat

Pacman: 'I might be back in Dallas' in 2009

link

NEW YORK (AP) - Adam "Pacman" Jones suggested Saturday his days with the Dallas Cowboys may not be over.

In an interview on CBS' NFL pregame show, the oft-troubled cornerback said that not only does he expect to play football next season, "I think I might be back in Dallas."

Host James Brown then asked: "And you have an inkling that Jerry Jones will give you another shot?"

Jones grinned and said, "Yeah, I do," but didn't offer any details to back his assertion.

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple said the team had no comment.

Dallas released Jones on Wednesday after a turbulent season in which he was suspended six games for an off-field scuffle and made little impact on the field.

The Cowboys had traded for Jones despite the cornerback's suspension for the 2007 season after multiple incidents while with the Tennessee Titans. On Oct. 7, Jones got into a scuffle with a bodyguard who was part of a team-employed security detail.

The 25-year-old Jones spent part of his time away from football taking part in an alcohol rehabilitation program.

Flanked by lawyer Robert Langford, Jones was interviewed Saturday via satellite from California. He insisted his troubles were behind him.

"I did have an alcohol problem, but I have addressed the alcohol problem and went to AA," he said. "I went there for 2 1/2 months, going to AA every other week, seeing my counselors every day. Regardless ... I'm doing whatever it takes for me to change my life as a man, you know. Football, I'll always love football and always want to play football, but I still got to take care of myself as a person also."

Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Pacman: 'I might be back in Dallas' in 2009

link

NEW YORK (AP) - Adam "Pacman" Jones suggested Saturday his days with the Dallas Cowboys may not be over.

In an interview on CBS' NFL pregame show, the oft-troubled cornerback said that not only does he expect to play football next season, "I think I might be back in Dallas."

Host James Brown then asked: "And you have an inkling that Jerry Jones will give you another shot?"

Jones grinned and said, "Yeah, I do," but didn't offer any details to back his assertion.

Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple said the team had no comment.

Dallas released Jones on Wednesday after a turbulent season in which he was suspended six games for an off-field scuffle and made little impact on the field.

The Cowboys had traded for Jones despite the cornerback's suspension for the 2007 season after multiple incidents while with the Tennessee Titans. On Oct. 7, Jones got into a scuffle with a bodyguard who was part of a team-employed security detail.

The 25-year-old Jones spent part of his time away from football taking part in an alcohol rehabilitation program.

Flanked by lawyer Robert Langford, Jones was interviewed Saturday via satellite from California. He insisted his troubles were behind him.

"I did have an alcohol problem, but I have addressed the alcohol problem and went to AA," he said. "I went there for 2 1/2 months, going to AA every other week, seeing my counselors every day. Regardless ... I'm doing whatever it takes for me to change my life as a man, you know. Football, I'll always love football and always want to play football, but I still got to take care of myself as a person also."
Well that's interesting. Not sure what to make of that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He must have some damning photos of Jerry in action...
Wouldn't this new information that comes out just put him in more trouble and get him suspended more?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm heading home this evening from Cowboys Golf Club, the first round I've ever played there. (By the way, great track and great experience. I highly recommend it.) Cruising down 635 in the fast lane, absentmindedly thinking about the round, when this red Corvette pulls up beside me in the middle lane. I look over...black guy driving, white girl in the passenger seat, and they are both looking square at me.

Since this sort of thing doesn't happen often, it catches me off guard, but I figure maybe they thought they knew me or something, so I look back at the road. But they aren't going anywhere.

So I look back over, and the guy's got his window down, and he's motioning for me to do the same. Maybe I've got a tire going flat and he wants to tell me about it, who knows. So I roll the window down. Dude says something about a cigarette. Dude looks familiar. But what's this about a cigarette? Is the dude trying to bum a cigarette, in the middle of the interstate?

I said, "What?" Dude says, "Was that your cigarette?" And then it hits me. I flicked my cigarette butt out the window, it probably landed in his car, and he's probably getting ready to have my ass. And then it also hits me. This is Terrell freakin' Owens.

So I say yeah, it was. And he says "Throw it that way next time. It went all up on my hood." Dude and girl both have big smiles on their face. I breathe a big sigh of relief, say I'm sorry, and TO nods and moves on down the road.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #46
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...that's a pretty random story.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #47
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
So I'm heading home this evening from Cowboys Golf Club, the first round I've ever played there. (By the way, great track and great experience. I highly recommend it.) Cruising down 635 in the fast lane, absentmindedly thinking about the round, when this red Corvette pulls up beside me in the middle lane. I look over...black guy driving, white girl in the passenger seat, and they are both looking square at me.

Since this sort of thing doesn't happen often, it catches me off guard, but I figure maybe they thought they knew me or something, so I look back at the road. But they aren't going anywhere.

So I look back over, and the guy's got his window down, and he's motioning for me to do the same. Maybe I've got a tire going flat and he wants to tell me about it, who knows. So I roll the window down. Dude says something about a cigarette. Dude looks familiar. But what's this about a cigarette? Is the dude trying to bum a cigarette, in the middle of the interstate?

I said, "What?" Dude says, "Was that your cigarette?" And then it hits me. I flicked my cigarette butt out the window, it probably landed in his car, and he's probably getting ready to have my ass. And then it also hits me. This is Terrell freakin' Owens.

So I say yeah, it was. And he says "Throw it that way next time. It went all up on my hood." Dude and girl both have big smiles on their face. I breathe a big sigh of relief, say I'm sorry, and TO nods and moves on down the road.
smoking's bad.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #48
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good story.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #49
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Funny story, but you should have asked him if he wanted you to throw it away like Romo throws away footballs.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #50
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i love TO chum
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #51
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Good story.
tell it again!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
tell it again!
genius...rep for you.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #53
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i really hope zach thomas comes back. that guy is a beast. He was in like every tackle this year. He's always in the mix. I dont think he was injured much this year either.

Anybody got news on him?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #54
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
Anybody got news on him?
He doesn't want to play with losers at this point in his career.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 01-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i really hope zach thomas comes back. that guy is a beast. He was in like every tackle this year. He's always in the mix. I dont think he was injured much this year either.

Anybody got news on him?

Zach Thomas Doesn't Expect To Return

link

PHILADELPHIA - Zach Thomas wants to continue playing football, but said he probably won't be back with the Cowboys next season.

After 12 years with the Miami Dolphins, Thomas signed a four-year contract with the Cowboys on Feb. 28, though the final three years were voided because he reached playing time incentives. He started 13 games at the team's Will position, the weak inside linebacker. It was a homecoming for Thomas, a native of Pampa, Texas, but not one that worked out exactly as he had hoped.

"I want to come back, but it's hard to do something for 12 years, play a position, and then try to change to make it work . . . I'm really out of my comfort zone playing a different position," said Thomas, who was a middle linebacker in 4-3 defenses with the Dolphins, and the Mike, the strong-side middle linebacker when Miami ran a 3-4. "But when you've got Bradie James at Mike already, who's All-Pro, he had a great year. There's no pushing him out."

After missing most of 2007 with a sinus issue, Thomas was credited with 166 tackles in his first season with the Cowboys. He had two stops in the 44-6 Cowboys loss to Philadelphia on Sunday. A seven-time Pro Bowler, Thomas generally came off the field in passing situations this season for nickel linebacker Kevin Burnett. Thomas said Burnett, who will also be a free agent on March 1, would be a good fit for the Cowboys' Will spot. He said he was happy for the chance to play with James, DeMarcus Ware and the team's defensive line, and praised the Cowboys defensive coaches.

Thomas said he didn't regret signing with the Cowboys, but will weigh his options in the off-season.

"I got to come back and be close to my family, my grandpa and all that, so it was well worth it," Thomas said. "I wish things would have worked out better. I feel like I've got some time to play, and I don't feel like I'm a one-down player, either."

Last edited by Underdog; 01-14-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #56
MavsX
Diamond Member

dammit. well my day is ruined. I'm going to go sit and cry in the server room now.

thanks, i hate you underdog
Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #57
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

gtfo Zach. We don't want you if you don't want to be here.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #58
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sources: Dallas may release Owens

Improving locker room chemistry will be the highest priority for the Dallas Cowboys this offseason and that will force serious discussions between Wade Phillips' coaching staff and owner Jerry Jones about whether to release controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, according to team and league sources.

"I think we all know that chemistry is the problem with this team more than the schemes or anything else," a Cowboys source said. "Are we going to continue to allow talent to outweigh everything else in the decisions we make with players and putting the roster together? We're like the Redskins used to be when they signed every player they wanted. There's more to it than talent. It has to be more about the team.

"The big one [Owens] didn't get discussed yet, but I'm sure it will and real hard."
The Cowboys released twice-suspended cornerback Pacman Jones last week and Tank Johnson is expected to depart through free agency. Both decisions are at least partly related to the renewed emphasis on creating a different atmosphere in the locker room. The Cowboys began their ill-fated 2008 season with three players on the roster who had been suspended by the league or their previous teams -- Jones, Johnson and Owens.

At least two sources believe that vice president Stephen Jones will attempt to convince his father that Owens should be finished with the Cowboys. But Jerry Jones just last year invested a $12 million signing bonus in Owens, which means there would be salary-cap fallout. In fact, Jerry Jones has suggested that there might be enough damage that the team would find it difficult to sign NFL sack leader DeMarcus Ware to a new contract."I think some of people want to just cut our losses and get rid of all those guys … T.O., Tank, Pacman,'' another Cowboys source said. "But I really think Jerry likes the thrill of trying to make it all work."

The discussions involving Owens have not yet been formally initiated and probably will not occur until the Cowboys are more certain of the composition of their coaching staff.
Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's candidacy for at least two NFL head-coaching positions could influence the Owens debate. Garrett met with the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday after interviewing last week with the Detroit Lions.

At the moment, Jones has insisted that Phillips will return, but he might have to reconsider if Garrett secures another opportunity. There are people within the Cowboys' organization who do not believe that Garrett would turn down another job unless Jones was willing to promote him to head coach in Dallas and purge Owens from the roster.

Not only does Owens have relationship issues with quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, but the controversial receiver consistently criticized Garrett's play calling and his offensive schemes to the point that sources say the offensive coordinator does not believe they can coexist.

The potential of the Cowboys losing Garrett to another team could accelerate the timetable for a decision about Owens. They had expected not to face a deadline until his $3 million roster bonus is due June 3. But that changes if Garrett finds himself in a position to leave the Cowboys and makes Owens' departure a condition of his remaining.

"I think Jerry would have to think about it, but I believe he'd let Jason leave,'' said one team source, believing Jones would prefer to be relieved of his remaining $6 million obligation to Garrett.

Regardless, Owens could still be jettisoned. His detractors can argue their belief that Owens, 35, is a poor route runner with inconsistent hands and generally a descending player who seldom accepts responsibility for his own shortcomings. There is fear internally that he will become more volatile if his performance continues to deteriorate -- and that he may feel more empowered if he perceives that his presence forced Garrett to depart.

Of particular concern is the apparent negative influence Owens has had on teammates such as Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton and even running back Marion Barber.

"You have to be worried about his influence over there, and I think we'd get some of those players back over to our side if he was gone,'' another source said. "I think we have to decide how detrimental he is to Witten and Romo.''

While the productivity of Garrett's offense plunged and quarterback Romo appeared to regress in his second full season as the starting quarterback, Jerry Jones apparently still covets his young offensive coordinator. The perception within the Cowboys' coaching and executive offices is that the team's demise was more the result of poor locker room chemistry and a serious leadership void than it was a failure of Garrett's system.

It was Jones who personally returned Garrett to the Cowboys' organization with the expectation that he would eventually become the next head coach of the franchise. When Garrett was offered head-coaching positions with the Ravens and Falcons exactly a year ago, Jones persuaded him to remain with the Cowboys by making him the highest-paid assistant coach in football. Jones was fiercely determined to have Garrett develop Romo and maintain offensive continuity, and even mentioned his view of the team's future with Garrett as head coach in the new $1 billion stadium which the team opens next season.
Heeeeere's Werder!

Last edited by ty; 01-14-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: to make it look pretty of course...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #59
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's stuff like this that makes you really, really appreciate Michael Irvin.

I kinda like TO. (I think he's a nutcase, but a loveable nutcase.) Still and all, I think I would probably breathe a big sigh of weight-off-the-shoulders relief if he were gone. If I as a fan think that, I can appreciate how his teammates may think the same thing.

It's a funny thing about receivers. Some of them demand all the attention, but how big a factor are they really in the games, compared to what their replacements would provide? If a guy goes for 6 and 120 with a score as a receiver, he has had a huge day. What if his replacement gets 3 and 30, and the other receiver gets another 3 and 30 that he would have got, and the TE gets another touchdown? Did you really lose anything?

You only lose anything if you had a receiver that the other team had to seriously alter their game plan to account for him...AND you were able to take advantage of that. I'm starting to think that the easiest thing for a defense to do is to take a receiver out of the game if they want to.

I like TO, but let him go, roll with Williams and Crayton and Austin and Witten and a running game. It's no fun walking on eggshells. A player has to be really, REALLY good to make it worth your while to walk on eggshells around him. I don't think TO is that good.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
gtfo Zach. We don't want you if you don't want to be here.
What the hell? Why would you blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of this mad house?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #61
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

This receiving game was pitiful last season. Coincidentally Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and Terrell Owens all can't get open but Jason Witten can. So who exactly commands double teams when you release TO? If the Cowboys release him they better have someone in mind in the draft like Crabtree or plan on signing Boldin. Otherwise, I don't see the benefits of releasing TO. If Romo can't handle his receiver wanting the football then he's the one who should be released. Werder will never give up on his agenda. He really took that next question schtick to heart.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #62
Underdog

Quote:
Not only does Owens have relationship issues with quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, but the controversial receiver consistently criticized Garrett's play calling and his offensive schemes to the point that sources say the offensive coordinator does not believe they can coexist.
Gonna have to side with TO on this one - Garrett sucks as an offensive coordinator...

Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #63
ty
Diamond Member

Both Garrett and Romo can't get TO the ball.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #64
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Both Garrett and Romo can't get TO the ball.
And TO can't catch it when they do.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-15-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #65
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Gonna have to side with TO on this one - Garrett sucks as an offensive coordinator...
it could be because he was feeling pressure from the top to "get TO the ball". funny how, if you just let him run his offense, TO WOULD get the ball and probably put up numbers similar to 2007...or close, considering he's lost a step.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #66
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
it could be because he was feeling pressure from the top to "get TO the ball". funny how, if you just let him run his offense, TO WOULD get the ball and probably put up numbers similar to 2007...or close, considering he's lost a step.
I don't know what TO has to do with Jason Garrett calling running plays on 2nd down 100% of the time...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #67
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
What the hell? Why would you blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of this mad house?
The Dallas Cowboys have always been a circus. Always. Zach needs to understand that the Dallas Cowboys are bigger than him and if he can't handle that, then don't play for the most recognizable sports franchise on the planet.

Contact Me
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #68
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Dallas Cowboys have always been a circus. Always. Zach needs to understand that the Dallas Cowboys are bigger than him and if he can't handle that, then don't play for the most recognizable sports franchise on the planet.
Cowboys seem to be bigger than winning games these days as well.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #69
alby
Guru

if we have to lose a few games now, before going on the three peat u2 guaranteed me, then so be it. =]

Contact Me
Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #70
BGMaverick9
Guru

Is Garrett actually leaving for STL????
Old 01-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

He's traveling to St. Louis and there's a lot of speculation that he's going to be hired.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #72
BGMaverick9
Guru

I really wonder what they Boys are going to do then. Especially with someone like Gruden who has just been let go.

You've got some decent coaches to look at, they're worth a look at the very least.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #73
chumdawg
Guru

Brian Stewart fired. Good!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #74
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow

Brian Stewart fired.
Garrett to second interview, and probable HC tomorrow
Garrett probably taking his brother, Houck, and Wade Wilson with him.

New OC and DC needed at about the time Shanahan and Gruden are let go.

I am wondering who else is going and who else is coming.....Wow

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #75
alby
Guru

Bye Garrett. Bye Stewart.

Hire Gruden to handle the offense and have Wade handling the defense.

Contact Me
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #76
alby
Guru

dammit Garrett.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 01-17-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #77
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Did anyone know Lebron was a die-hard Cowboys fan?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Did anyone know Lebron was a die-hard Cowboys fan?
I doubt very seriously how "die-hard" he is, but yes I knew he was a Cowboys fan. As is typical of a lot of athletes of his generation, he is a horrible front runner. He's a fan of the Cowboys, Yankees, and was a fan of the Lakers growing up.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
They punk'd Garrett if they really wanted him to come back for an immediate 2nd interview.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #80
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I doubt very seriously how "die-hard" he is, but yes I knew he was a Cowboys fan. As is typical of a lot of athletes of his generation, he is a horrible front runner. He's a fan of the Cowboys, Yankees, and was a fan of the Lakers growing up.
Yep, he's a front running p*ssy.

Tags
!peppers != 19-0, holy neck, not even participants, peppers = 19-0, villareal, we win super balls now?, what is a charger?