Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute
Default "The Best Way To Rob A Bank Is To Own One"

Former senior bank regulator William K. Black on Bill Moyers Journal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz1b__MdtHY

The game is rigged...
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

In the heyday of the Soviet Union....

....any time some segment of the centrally planned economy would crater, the powers that be in the commie party would shoot the administrators for a lack of commitment to the commie ideas or some such nonsense....the idea being that any failure within the system must have been a problem of insuitable commitment because the commie system was fine and dandy....
anyhoo....

I'm 18 minutes into this clip and apparently the reason there's so much rampant fraud in the financial sector is because the people running the show just weren't adequately committed to truth, justice and the american way...

I mean, the basic point that the best way to rob a bank is to own is straight up and this is fraud on a massive scale....but the rest of this rather misses the biggest bank and the biggest fraud of all....the Federal Reserve...el banko maximo, the bank of banks, the oddly owned Corporation that can create money for itself by punching a few more 0's into the computer...

...how does this dude have a 30 minute conversation on banking in the US and not mention the Federal Reserve once?

he cries for more regulation, but who the ______ does he think will do the regulating if not the same people that are bending us over right now?

Just made it to the end -- his basic recommendation??? Fire the folks running the show and put new ones into management positions...yeah that ought to work.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-08-2009 at 08:40 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Just made it to the end -- his basic recommendation??? Fire the folks running the show and put new ones into management positions...yeah that ought to work.
I'd like to nominate myself for the job...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd like to nominate myself for the job...
well....if we're gonna get screwed over by a bunch of greedy bankers it'd be nice if they were also jewish.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well....if we're gonna get screwed over by a bunch of greedy bankers it'd be nice if they were also jewish.
I've never met a Jewish banker...

I met a Jewish teller once...

[also - does circumcision affect the feeling of getting screwed (over)?]

Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm usually pretty drunk so I can't say with any certainty.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Underdog

I wish I could watch this video so I could stay on topic, but I'm at work...

I just love derailing threads that I don't know anything about (but this is already more interesting than anything else in the Political Arena...)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Depends on if you ask Alex Amenos or Alexa Menos...due to all nicks are unisex. Shot to nothing.

Funny though

Last edited by GermanDunk; 04-08-2009 at 11:43 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
why would you want to have the haters proven to be correct?

then all we would hear is "I told you so!" from people that are really disgusting, and pretty much in the wrong.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

For the record, 'Alexamenos' is a masculine name.

Underdog is (in part at least) jewish, hence i was simply supporting his desire to be the head greedy banker in the united states....

If we were debating who should take over the job of head inbred banjo player, then it'd be nice if one of the baptists in the house stood up and requested the nod.

ok that was a cheap shot aimed at baptists...sorry guys....but I am baptist, so it's ok for me to make fun of the toothless inbred baptists who can't read.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-08-2009 at 01:55 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Underdog is (in part at least) jewish
Only in the nasal region...

Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

lol
Old 04-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
...how does this dude have a 30 minute conversation on banking in the US and not mention the Federal Reserve once?
Bingo-bango...

The American economy is based on a fraudulent currency system and the rest of the world is losing faith in it... "In God We Trust" doesn't mean a whole lot in the face of Chinese economic expansion - a currency needs to be backed by material wealth (resources & production), not philosophical ideals...

[although I should clarify that the Fed doesn't operate under the same philosophical principles as most American citizens - "In God We Trust" really means "we don't have the gold to back our currency so we'll pretend like our money is faith-based even though the Fed controls how much cash is in circulation at any given time and charges interest on every dollar printed which keeps the American taxpayer in eternal debt and diminishes the value of the dollar exponentially..."]

Last edited by Underdog; 04-09-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: clarity, yo...

Tags
aaaaahhhhh-jew!, jhvh bless you, nasal region jew