Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 NBA Playoffs Discussion/Watch live thread

There is basketball on ALL DAY TOMORROW.

So get some beer. Tell your woman what's up. And sit on your damn couch.

Bulls @ Celtics. 11:30 am CST. On ESPN

Quote:
More than 24 hours had passed since they learned that Kevin Garnett would miss the first round against the Chicago Bulls, and probably the rest of the playoffs, and that general manager Danny Ainge suffered a heart attack that later was described as minor by the team.

The mood had lightened enough Friday for second-year forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis to joke about his role as the replacement for “The Big Ticket,” Garnett’s nickname, in Saturday’s series opener.

“I’m not the Big Ticket. I’m the Ticket Stub,” Davis said with a grin. “So don’t count the Ticket Stub out. You might need the ticket to get into the game, but you leave with the ticket stub because you’ll never forget this game. You need it as a souvenir.” ...
link

Pistons @ Cavaliers 2:00 pm CST. On ABC

Quote:
Central Division rivals, this is the third time in the past four years that they've met playoffs. Two years ago, Cleveland, behind an epic performance from James in Game 5, beat the Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals to avenge a loss to Detroit the previous year in a rough-and-tumble conference semifinal.

The rosters haven't changed much since. The roles sure have.

With 66 regular-season wins -- and a sparkling 39-2 mark in their rowdy arena -- the Cavaliers enter as the No. 1 overall seed.
link

Your Dallas Mavericks @ SA Spaaares. 7:00 pm CST. ESPN (but I recommend KTXA-21 HD.)

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs were so dominant three years ago that they practically forced the NBA to change how playoff teams are stacked.

Three years later, the Spurs and Mavericks have ceded that superiority.

Tim Duncan and the Spurs are the third seed, but were a Michael Finley buzzer-beater this week from dropping to fifth and starting the playoffs on the road. Dirk Nowitzki and Dallas are seeded sixth, and had to win seven of the last nine to get there.

In the Western Conference, it's now the Los Angeles Lakers and everyone else.

"But we think we're still up there," said Duncan, embarking on his 12 consecutive postseason. "We still think we have a chance."

So do the Mavericks, who renew their playoff rivalry with the Spurs starting Saturday in San Antonio. But unlike in 2006, it won't be the same meeting of 60-win titans who played to a thrilling seven-game series in the West semifinals. The Mavs prevailed, and went on to the NBA finals before losing to Miami...
link

Rockettes @ Trail Blazers. 9:30ish CST. ESPN.

Quote:
The series gets under way Saturday when the Blazers host the Rockets at the Rose Garden. Portland surpassed expectations and earned the fourth seed in the Western Conference and home-court advantage in the first round.

The Blazers, the youngest team in the playoffs, went 54-28 this season and claimed a share of the Northwest Division title with the Denver Nuggets.

The Rockets, the West's fifth seed, finished 53-29, second to the San Antonio Spurs in the Southwest Division.

But while Portland is the higher seed, their youth and inexperience have put them in an underdog role for the playoffs...
link

If it isn't the Mavericks game, talk about it here.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I almost feel bad for the Pistons.... almost.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Pistons don't stand a chance. I like the Bulls-Celtics matchup though.

Does it get much better than having basketball on all day?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
Pistons don't stand a chance. I like the Bulls-Celtics matchup though.

Does it get much better than having basketball on all day?
How about: Thinking you have to work all day (aka miss game one) only to have your boss tell you "I know you're a huge basketball fan so I'll let you off in time for tipoff"

Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with that!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Good luck with that!
oh, I'll be here. I don't care if I have to walk out
Old 04-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
oh, I'll be here. I don't care if I have to walk out
That's why I like being the boss. I can take the day off. Not to rub it in of course.

Walking out is the right attitude in this situation.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I work nights (I'm at work right now) 12 hour shifts which guess what is 7 pm to 7a, right when the game starts. I need to think of an emergency that will force me to come in at 11 tomorrow.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-18-2009 at 01:52 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

just don't show up

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Derrick Rose is a damn good player. Chicago has a bright future.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I really think Chicago can win their series versus Boston. They just need to keep running and use their youth to run down the old Celtics.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Rose always has that "I'm never happy face" like Dampier, except he's about 20x better. He's putting on quite a show for his first playoff game, I really like it when rookies step up.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
tsar

Refs taking over the Celtics game.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
tsar

My bad I should say Bennett Salvatore is taking over.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

That great all ball block by Noah will go down as a foul for all eternity because of #15 B. Salvatore.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

Rose... Wow.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
tsar

Goaltend? Really?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This has been a great game so far.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

What an unfair goaltend.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Derrick Rose has been playing great. A few minutes ago Ben Gordon (for all of his faults) was shooting (and scoring) with balls of steel as well.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

What was that ? Dick called travelling on the Bulls and annulled his decision ?

Last edited by GermanDunk; 04-18-2009 at 02:20 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol pierce.

This game is delivering nicely.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Rose ties Kareem so far with most rookie points in the first playoff game played. 36. And the game isn't over yet...

Old 04-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Terrible fouls...3 second violations...traveling calls...all in crunch time. What a weird, sloppy end.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

wow - bulls take it
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Paul Pierce is a whiny little bitch.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Chumps - 1
Champs - 0

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Anyone to tell me ^ what a travelling decision that was. Some seconds before the end of the 4th.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 04-18-2009 at 02:41 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #29
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Anyone to tell me ^ what a travelling decision that was. Some seconds before the end of the 4th.
It looked like a travelat first, but clearly Ray Allen had touched the ball so Salvatore's call was overturned by the non-WWE refs.

Last edited by Dim499; 04-18-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #30
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

^Ah, thanks Dim. I didn´t see a travel either. Awesome game btw.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
fluid.forty.one

I love Derrick Rose now.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

When did Tyrus Thomas get a jumpshot?

Suck it, celts.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #33
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love Derrick Rose now.
I'm jumping on the bandwagon now (read: way late). And I don't even feel bad.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
When did Tyrus Thomas get a jumpshot?

Suck it, celts.
About ten o'clock this morning.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

LeBron gonna get a 40 point triple double.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

Wow.. just watched the Rose interview. He's (edit: he sounds*) dumber than a box of rocks.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 04-18-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Wow.. just watched the Rose interview. He's (edit: he sounds*) dumber than a box of rocks.
True but 36 points and a road victory against the defending champs do all the talking .

Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

lol Ben Wallace just flew backwards on a Prince charge... ya right.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's a rookie at interviews too.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-18-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Not much of a talker, that one. Hell of a game though.

Tags
5 piece mcnuggets, 92b anti-basketball rant, clutchbane! lol, got a bit fluffy in here, kobe may opt out, pop rockets, throwfootballoverthemmtns