Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Lebron's already been there and done that. It's lead to playoff disappointment and people questioning his ability to be a lead dog. I pretty sure that at this point he knows he needs help and wouldn't be so sure about our ability to replace a player as talented as Dirk.

He would have immediate help here but again, losing a year would be disastrous given the age of our core. Maybe in two years Dirk's still playing at a high level and we've managed to replace the production that we're currently getting from Kidd and Marion but it's going to take more than money. We're going to have to get lucky. If I'm Lebron I'm not betting my legacy on that. I hope he does but I wouldn't.
You're still not thinking about it from the perspective of a guy who thinks he's the best player in the entire word and the greatest thing since sliced bread. His ego isn't going to allow him to believe that his "legacy" depends on people other than himself.

And nobody is reasonably questioning Lebron's ability to be a lead dog. Not a single person. People are questioning his enthusiasm for Cleveland, his heart, and the quality of this teammates, not his ability to be the guy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-21-2010 at 11:55 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a guy on ESPN this morning put it in a way that I had never considered before, but that made a lot of sense. He said that if Lebron doesn't win a ring, he goes down as the biggest bust of all time. Ouch.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I heard a guy on ESPN this morning put it in a way that I had never considered before, but that made a lot of sense. He said that if Lebron doesn't win a ring, he goes down as the biggest bust of all time. Ouch.
I heard that too. That was bold. But I wonder if that's a bit unfair....perhaps not.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #44
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

The only part that concerns me is the lack of respect the Mavs get outside of Dallas...about anything.

What do the top FA truly think of the Mavs and Dallas? How will their perception of the Dallas area play into their business decision on where to play?

Sure those of us here in Dallas love it here and we love our Mavs as well as having the belief that they can win it all. However, with my travels so far this year taking me to the NY area, Atl, New England, Louisiana, California, Washington, Vegas, Canada...the ONLY time I hear anything about the Mavs is when I'm in Dallas.

As far as potential teams for LeBron, Dallas is never mentioned in these other cities...Cle, Miami, NY and Chicago are the ONLY ones who get regular mention. Now I know this is part Media, but even the talk shows...there's nobody calling in about Dallas.

Like it or not, Dallas is looked down on and I just wonder...what to do the people that really matter think of Dallas?

I can think to a recent baseball deal, were local talk of Tory Hunter coming to the Rangers was a big deal, only to see him sign with the Angels and making some type of comment that he didn't want his kids going to school and being laughed at because of where his dad played...

Perception is a real b*tch and saddly, our beloved Mavs have a negative view outside of our local minds.

Hopefully Cuban can negotiate a deal that brings in Lebron and another Superstar, lifting the Mavs to Championship status and lifting the city/metroplex into a new level of Super Cities!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #45
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
biggest bust of all time??? how?? lmao...hes not kwame brown. he has 2 MVP's..bust??? pretty idiotic to say that on Lebron.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #46
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
biggest bust of all time??? how?? lmao...hes not kwame brown. he has 2 MVP's..bust??? pretty idiotic to say that on Lebron.
Weren't you the one who said 1 championship > 10 MVP's? So apparently LeBron would be a HUGE bust compared to someone like Robert Horry...
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Weren't you the one who said 1 championship > 10 MVP's? So apparently LeBron would be a HUGE bust compared to someone like Robert Horry...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
ya i said that but i didnt say he would be a "bust"...i jus said he wouldnt be a LEGEND like bird or jordan who have multiple rings..the word bust is an insult and Lebron whether he wins a ring or not is not a bust. he's a proven player and the best in the league.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #49
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
and about the robert horry thing...DJ MBENGA has more rings then dirk..doesnt mean dirks a bust or mbenga is a great player lmao.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #50
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
and about the robert horry thing...DJ MBENGA has more rings then dirk..doesnt mean dirks a bust or mbenga is a great player lmao.
So you agree with me that the supporting cast is the most important factor in determining how many rings you win?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
So you agree with me that the supporting cast is the most important factor in determining how many rings you win?
ya look at the celtics..they got 3 productive guys coming off the bench and producing..along with the big 3..Lebron would still be in the playoffs if the supporting cast didnt matter.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course no one knows how much thruth behind this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

Quote:
CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

Bosh
Bosh

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Bosh, 26, is an unrestricted free agent. He averaged 24 points per game last season and has averaged 20.2 points per game for his career.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're still not thinking about it from the perspective of a guy who thinks he's the best player in the entire word and the greatest thing since sliced bread. His ego isn't going to allow him to believe that his "legacy" depends on people other than himself.
There are two parts of his legacy, individual accolades and titles. He needs both to stand next to Jordan. Now If you're just talking about the individual stuff then you're right, he doesn't need anyone. By the time he's done his stats, MVP's and awards will speak for themselves. If that's all there was to it then he's fine but obviously it’s not.

To be talked about in the same terms as Jordan, Magic and Bird (among others) he needs to win not one but multiple titles. And if you don't think Lebron is aware that he needs help with that then I think you're selling him short. Maybe he thought that way when he was 20 but the last four years have shown otherwise.

Honestly if he thinks he can win a ring by himself then why would he come to Dallas? He’ll either stay in Cleveland or go to New York. The unique thing that we offer is the best chance to win it all next year because of Dirk and, to a lesser extent, the supporting cast.

Quote:
And nobody is reasonably questioning Lebron's ability to be a lead dog. Not a single person. People are questioning his enthusiasm for Cleveland, his heart, and the quality of this teammates, not his ability to be the guy.
Keep in mind I’m not saying best player I’m saying lead dog. If you don’t think people are questioning that then we’re reading and listening to different things.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #54
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
There are two parts of his legacy, individual accolades and titles. He needs both to stand next to Jordan. Now If you're just talking about the individual stuff then you're right, he doesn't need anyone. By the time he's done his stats, MVP's and awards will speak for themselves. If that's all there was to it then he's fine but obviously it’s not.

To be talked about in the same terms as Jordan, Magic and Bird (among others) he needs to win not one but multiple titles. And if you don't think Lebron is aware that he needs help with that then I think you're selling him short. Maybe he thought that way when he was 20 but the last four years have shown otherwise.

Honestly if he thinks he can win a ring by himself then why would he come to Dallas? He’ll either stay in Cleveland or go to New York. The unique thing that we offer is the best chance to win it all next year because of Dirk and, to a lesser extent, the supporting cast.
I'm not implying that he can win a ring by himself. I'm also not implying that he can equal Jordan without winning several rings. What I'm saying is that I think he is too egotistical to fully realize or admit either of these things. You're talking about the objective reality of the situation, which is absolutely correct. What I'm talking about is Lebron's skewed perception of the situation, which is tainted by his arrogance and ego.

Mark it down: if Lebron goes his entire career without a title, he will still be insisting during interviews that "you all have seen what I can do," etc., and talking about how great he is. It's not going to stop him from thinking he's the best player, even though he'll be wrong.

But that's sort of tangential to the point anyway. The point is that because of his ego, I really don't think he's going to even slightly base his decision on the ages of the other good players on the team he goes to. That's not what a dude like "the King" is concerned with.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-21-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #55
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Of course no one knows how much thruth behind this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043
Hello all. It's been a bit.

Anyways, I think Bosh is seriously going to throw a wrench into our hopes of landing Bron.
If he pushes for new york or chicago, he gives Lebron, some serious second thoughts about both teams, as far as being able to compete.

EDIT: Now of course, both teams would have to give up a lot to land him. So, that leaves the question, would lebron sign on a team of him, bosh and 2 or 3 schmoes to win. i.e: chicago(give up noah and/or deng) knicks(dunno if they even have anything to give up)

The only way I see this working out is if they do a sign and trade with Miami(Beasley).

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 05-21-2010 at 03:47 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Mark it down: if Lebron goes his entire career without a title, he will still be insisting during interviews that "you all have seen what I can do," etc., and talking about how great he is. It's not going to stop him from thinking he's the best player, even though he'll be wrong.
Future Iverson/McGrady?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #57
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post

Anyways, I think Bosh is seriously going to throw a wrench into our hopes of landing Bron.
If he pushes for new york or chicago, he gives Lebron, some serious second thoughts about both teams, as far as being able to compete
I'm going to say this for the millionth time: LeBron/Dirk > LeBron Bosh

Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #58
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We are on the same side of that coin UD, but I wonder what opinion, Lebron and his "advisors/team", might have on his ability to match with Bosh vs. Dirk. I see a lot of these guys, as having a bias towards dirk, the same way, the national media may sometimes have. We've all seen these idiotic PF rankings in which they rank Bosh higher than Dirk. Plus, the buddy factor as well (lebron and Bosh being olympic teammates). Hoping my speculation is a flaud idea.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #59
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:
Not to mention they'd have an actual supporting cast unlike New York for example. They would have Haywood, Marion, Roddy or Butler (depending on how you envision the trade going down), Kidd, JET, and JJB. While NY would have nothing but Gallo + Junk around them.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #60
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If he pushes for new york or chicago, he gives Lebron, some serious second thoughts about both teams, as far as being able to compete.

EDIT: Now of course, both teams would have to give up a lot to land him. So, that leaves the question, would lebron sign on a team of him, bosh and 2 or 3 schmoes to win. i.e: chicago(give up noah and/or deng) knicks(dunno if they even have anything to give up)

The only way I see this working out is if they do a sign and trade with Miami(Beasley).
Bosh might be willing to take that gamble, but I don't think Lebron is. I think Lebron will ultimately go wherever he thinks is the clearest path to a championship. Even with Bosh, New York is a hell of a gamble.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
Underdog

Best-case scenario: Bosh goes to Miami, Wade re-signs, New York & New Jersey drop out of the conversation.

LeBron is left with the choices of Chicago or Dallas.

I like our chances if this happens...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #62
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Best-case scenario: Bosh goes to Miami, Wade re-signs, New York & New Jersey drop out of the conversation.

That seems like a much, much more likely scenario than Lebron and Bosh ending up in New York or anywhere else together.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #63
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Quote:

And Boozer? I still see him and LeBron possibly going to New York to play together...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #64
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
And Boozer? I still see him and LeBron possibly going to New York to play together...
Once again, I just don't see any way Lebron throws his lot with New York. Even with Bosh, Boozer, Stoudemire, or whoever, that's still a HUGE risk.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-22-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #65
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Once again, I just see any way Lebron throws his lot with New York. Even with Bosh, Boozer, Stoudemire, or whoever, that's still a HUGE risk.
I'm with you, I don't see the Knicks thing happening. The Knicks just don't have anything resembling a surrounding cast, and I just can't see that changing for the near-future.

The one place where I do think there there is a high probability of him signing with is Chicago. Very nice mix of pretty much everything LeBron could want.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-21-2010 at 05:29 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #66
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I'm with you, I don't see the Knicks thing happening. The one place where I do think there is a good chance of him going to is Chicago. Very nice mix of pretty much everything LeBron could want.
This is true, but frankly if it's between Chicago and Dallas, I like our chances. On top of having a better supporting cast to carry Lebron to a title, and not having to play in MJ's shadow, Dallas is also a better S&T option from Cleveland's end.

Frankly I think Lebron is much more likely to stay in Cleveland than he is to land in Chicago.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #67
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is true, but frankly if it's between Chicago and Dallas, I like our chances. On top of having a better supporting cast to carry Lebron to a title, and not having to play in MJ's shadow, Dallas is also a better S&T option from Cleveland's end.

Frankly I think Lebron is much more likely to stay in Cleveland than he is to land in Chicago.
I don't know, I kind of like the supporting cast Chicago has built (especially with nice young players like Rose and Noah). I think that's gotta be pretty appealing, especially compared with the aging, overpaid players he has to work with in Cleveland. If I'm betting between those two cities, I'm going with Chicago at this point.

Granted, I don't know where loyalty plays into all of this. Is LeBron way more loyal than I give him credit for? I guess that's what makes this summer interesting. But if he isn't, I can't see why he wouldn't bolt for a place like Chicago. I do think Dallas can offer some of the same things that would be appealing for LeBron, but with the caveat being that our supporting cast is a lot older.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #68
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Kidd-Lebron- Marion-DIRK- Hayood/ unknown not a bad lineup
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #69
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I don't know, I kind of like the supporting cast Chicago has built (especially with nice young players like Rose and Noah). I think that's gotta be pretty appealing, especially compared with the aging, overpaid players he has to work with in Cleveland. If I'm betting between those two cities, I'm going with Chicago at this point.

Granted, I don't know where loyalty plays into all of this. Is LeBron way more loyal than I give him credit for? I guess that's what makes this summer interesting. But if he isn't, I can't see why he wouldn't bolt for a place like Chicago. I do think Dallas can offer some of the same things that would be appealing for LeBron, but with the caveat being that our supporting cast is a lot older.
I could be wrong, but indeed I do think you are underestimating Lebron's loyalty a great deal. I don't have anything solid to back it up, but that's just the impression that I get from him. I think it would really pain him to leave Cleveland. Not only that, but I have to believe the spectra of Michael Jordan is going to be a factor into his decision as well.

I guess I just think it's going to take A LOT for him to leave Cleveland because of the way they've dominated the regular season the past couple of years. Lebron knows that even with the mediocre supporting cast he has there, they're only one small piece away from a title. Leaving Cleveland is NOT something he's going to do lightly. For him to bolt to another team, it has to be an almost guaranteed title, and I don't think Chicago qualifies (could be wrong.)

If I'm the Cavs' management, I'm doing everything I can to sweet-talk Lebron into taking his time making a decision, while trying to trade for a major supporting player in the meantime. The Cavs are certainly not helpless here. One good trade, and I'm almost positive Lebron will stay. And Lebron is undoubtedly going to consider all of his options thoroughly and talk to all potential suitors, so the Cavs have plenty of time to get a deal done as well.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #70
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron wont pair up with Bosh with the Knicks. Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt will never be able to beat the Lakers. They need a good defense center and a good backup. Gortat is the only one kind of availabe but the Magic never gonna trade that "missing piece" inside the own conference. The only way the Knicks can pull that off is to trade on the same day Curry for Okafor and sign James and Bosh.

I totally could see James and Bosh signing with the Nets because of Lopez. Thats the center you will need the next years to beat the contenders. Bosh can move to the 4.

James and Bosh to the Bulls? Wont happen because its the same conference and Bulls just have to offer Hinrich or Deng in S&T and both Raps and Cavs say hell no to that players and contracts.

I still fear the Nets the most. They easily can pull off signing James and Bosh (maybe they have to dumb Yi/CDR for a TE to free up the last millions for the 2nd max contract).

Harris
Lee/CDR
James/Williams
Bosh/Favors/Yi
Lopez
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #71
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lebron wont pair up with Bosh with the Knicks. Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt will never be able to beat the Lakers. They need a good defense center and a good backup. Gortat is the only one kind of availabe but the Magic never gonna trade that "missing piece" inside the own conference. The only way the Knicks can pull that off is to trade on the same day Curry for Okafor and sign James and Bosh.

I totally could see James and Bosh signing with the Nets because of Lopez. Thats the center you will need the next years to beat the contenders. Bosh can move to the 4.

James and Bosh to the Bulls? Wont happen because its the same conference and Bulls just have to offer Hinrich or Deng in S&T and both Raps and Cavs say hell no to that players and contracts.

I still fear the Nets the most. They easily can pull off signing James and Bosh (maybe they have to dumb Yi/CDR for a TE to free up the last millions for the 2nd max contract).

Harris
Lee/CDR
James/Williams
Bosh/Favors/Yi
Lopez
How are the Nets going to get the cap room to get both of them?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #72
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.pleasedontleave23.com/

Sheesh, what a sad pile of depressos over there. Come to Dallas, Lebron, let's get this party started!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #73
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

Sheesh, what a sad pile of depressos over there. Come to Dallas, Lebron, let's get this party started!
lol, their best effort at keeping Lebron, isn't 1/10th the site lebrontothemavs.com is.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #74
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
How are the Nets going to get the cap room to get both of them?
Quote:
Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.
Have to see the exactly cap numbers. I also dont know how many (and how big) trade exceptions are around in the league, but its possible. And that sucks. And they not even need max-Bosh, David Lee should be availabe for 10-12mio.

At least they just got the 3rd pick.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-21-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #75
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol, their best effort at keeping Lebron, isn't 1/10th the site lebrontothemavs.com is.
But... they have Gilbert!

Hey, stop laughing!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #76
quietsavant

Quote:
But... they have Gilbert!

Hey, stop laughing!
So let me get this straight:
Their best reasons lebron should stay are:

a. because of a reel of elementary school kids and a few fans reading a cue card on camera, saying "please don't leave lebron"

b. The goofy character with tears going down its eyes

c. A site so amateur, I believe I could have a better shot at building one with freesite.org

Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #77
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Have to see the exactly cap numbers. I also dont know how many (and how big) trade exceptions are around in the league, but its possible. And that sucks. And they not even need max-Bosh, David Lee should be availabe for 10-12mio.

At least they just got the 3rd pick.
I didn't realize they had that much cap space. Well, maybe the Nets have a chance then if they can really score a second big name.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #78
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I didn't realize they had that much cap space. Well, maybe the Nets have a chance then if they can really score a second big name.
I don't think the Nets are any less of a gamble than the Knicks, so again I can't see Lebron betting his entire future on either of those franchises. Besides, I seriously don't think he wants to spend the next two years in limbo while the Nets play in Newark.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #79
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hahahahaa
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I could be wrong, but indeed I do think you are underestimating Lebron's loyalty a great deal. I don't have anything solid to back it up, but that's just the impression that I get from him. I think it would really pain him to leave Cleveland. Not only that, but I have to believe the spectra of Michael Jordan is going to be a factor into his decision as well.

I guess I just think it's going to take A LOT for him to leave Cleveland because of the way they've dominated the regular season the past couple of years. Lebron knows that even with the mediocre supporting cast he has there, they're only one small piece away from a title. Leaving Cleveland is NOT something he's going to do lightly. For him to bolt to another team, it has to be an almost guaranteed title, and I don't think Chicago qualifies (could be wrong.)

If I'm the Cavs' management, I'm doing everything I can to sweet-talk Lebron into taking his time making a decision, while trying to trade for a major supporting player in the meantime. The Cavs are certainly not helpless here. One good trade, and I'm almost positive Lebron will stay. And Lebron is undoubtedly going to consider all of his options thoroughly and talk to all potential suitors, so the Cavs have plenty of time to get a deal done as well.
I have a hard time believing they're going to be able to work a trade for a supporting player. Plus I don't think they're just a small piece away from the title. They have coaching issues and very little creativity on the offensive end of the court. They mismanaged their use of Jamison and that's gotta fall on the staff. Williams is going to be incredibly inconsistent as a player and you can't have that from a starter with a thin supporting cast and championship aspirations. A tough defensive team (Boston) pretty much locked everyone else down and LeBron wasn't going to be able to do it himself. He didn't have a consistent second option by his side...they're not that close because they can't beat the fellow elite teams in a series.

I just don't see how they're THAT close, they luck into being close just because they're in the East. It's tougher opposition but Dallas has to be relatively close to Cleveland in terms of guaranteed title chances.

Tags
kingqueef's presents, yawn