Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #41
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't understand why they were exclusively working the sidelines on the last drive when they had two timeouts. Finishing a game in that situation with two unspent timeouts is pretty terrible.
Well if I had Romo I throw it towards the middle of the field. With Kitna I play it safe. And even playing the sidelines worked. I question why not atleast take one chance in the middle of the field but I guess that's Garrett not having enough faith in Kitna or this offense. I thought we'd take atleast one shot in the middle of the field or even a draw with Felix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I agree Dan...It would have been easy (and they have) just layed down but they didn't. That goal line where they punched it in after three straight running plays actually impressed me as well. They had clawed back into and were going to win this thing.. Huge testament imo...

I have to disagree about the roy mistake however, it'a all on him and it was a horribly stupid play that directly did cost them the game.

He did NOT have to make a play once he was caught, if he'd just fell down they would have won it. It was something a rookie or a dumb-in-the-head player does. I have to put him in that second category I guess and I haven't been a fan who has dumped on Roy a bunch. Really there isn't anything other than a collossal screwup by Roy on that one.

It was good to see him completely take responsibility for it after the game as he should.
If Roy would've fell down there would've been 3 minutes left with 2 timeouts. Cowboys would've ran the ball 3 times with Barber or Felix and they would've settled for a field goal. Now who knows how much time is left at that point. But chances are there would've been 1:30 to 2:00 left on the clock. The game wasn't over after the Roy fumble and if i'm a contender I feel pretty good about my chances giving someone the ball on the 10 yard line with 3 minutes to go. What happened after the Roy fumble is what's unacceptable. Jenkins made a great play. A play that our corners never even attempt.

Roy took blame because he's trying to say the right things. But Roy didn't lose that game for us yesterday. We were winning by 4 points with that fumble.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll back off a little bit on the roy fumble as folks have pointed out, if they hadn't been a sieve on defense it would have helped a bunch.

But imo, his was still the reason it all went sour. They were right there and to assume that 3 running plays would NOT have netted a first down is pure conjecture. They would have been fired up and there is no reason to think they wouldn't have put it into the end zone.

It was a huge colossal cluster imo. It completely deflated the team. Sure the defense should have, but the offense had been putting them in bad situations all day, just another case of them blowing it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys seriously need a new kicker.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If that missed field goal comes back to haunt us, I am going to punch someone in the face.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #45
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

You can´t control what the Mannings do ...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #46
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

inches from disaster... then we squat on the ball with three timeouts? ugh... now they win the toss...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #47
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

uh oh
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dez done for the season.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #49
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Thanks for making me look stupid, Beuhler...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Dez ?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #51
Underdog

217 rushing yards - I've been screaming for a Felix/Choice duo for two-and-a-half years now.

We should've traded Barber while his value was still high...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
217 rushing yards - I've been screaming for a Felix/Choice duo for two-and-a-half years now.

Unfortunately, I don't know that Barber's value was ever very high, at least while we would have considered trading him. RBs in the NFL have become, for the most part, a plug-and-play commodity.

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-05-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I can't remember WHO suggested that..............
Old 12-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #54
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, a broken ankle is no joke.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #55
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Ugh, a broken ankle is no joke.
He'll be fine by next season - we don't need him before that anyway...

Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a stud safety top 10 prospect coming out this year?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #57
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He'll be fine by next season - we don't need him before that anyway...
Oh I don't worry about him not playing again this year. I just know foot and ankle breaks tend to be nagging injuries that can be re-injured easily.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #58
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

yuck, giving up a 20 point lead

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #59
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

The defense has asbsolutely sucked in the 4th q for 4 consecutive weeks.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

Just a random observation...do you remember the last time we were called for a false start? On the o-line, I mean. I know that Witten has picked up one or two recently. But really, hasn't this problem seemingly been fixed?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #61
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Just a random observation...do you remember the last time we were called for a false start? On the o-line, I mean. I know that Witten has picked up one or two recently. But really, hasn't this problem seemingly been fixed?
I think that problem disappeared about the same time those Stay-Puft marshmallow droppings did out at the Ranch. Coincidence? I think not.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #62
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

This defense is flat out bad.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #63
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
This defense is flat out bad.
I don't understand... don't we have like a hundred linebackers that we could plug into any hole?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-20-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #64
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this defense stinks.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #65
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I don't understand... don't we have like a hundred linebackers that we could plug into any hole?
too bad they can't play in the secondary.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #66
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
too bad they can't play in the secondary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Show's what you know!

I think he's got us there...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I think he's got us there...
touche

Old 12-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #68
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Alan Ball is just horrific. I think Blake Gideon is the only worse safety I've ever seen play.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #69
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
The defense has asbsolutely sucked in the 4th q for 4 consecutive weeks.
Consistency is underrated.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #70
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I seriously could have told you that Buehler would be fine. His preseason convinced me. I know everyone was making a big deal about how its different, and yes, it is, but he showed he had the ability, and so I knew the mental aspect would eventually come. I'm at the point where I'm not scared when he goes up to kick...I'm not expecting him to make every one, but I'm not expecting him to not.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #71
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would feel MUCH better about Beuhler if he had a consistent flight pattern. With a golfer, they are more accurate if they have a consistent draw or fade to their shot pattern. It gives them more margin for error. Beuhler doesn't seem to have that, he kicks way too many straight that sort of knuckle off to the side.

It's always an adventure for me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I would feel MUCH better about Beuhler if he had a consistent flight pattern. With a golfer, they are more accurate if they have a consistent draw or fade to their shot pattern. It gives them more margin for error. Beuhler doesn't seem to have that, he kicks way too many straight that sort of knuckle off to the side.

Good call. I said the same thing to a friend very early in the season (when his misses were killing us). He just hits a funny ball. I'm not sure what causes it, but it moves late and unpredictably.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #73
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, I have noticed that a little bit. When it comes to kicking footballs, I'm pretty clueless though, so I'm sure you have a valid point. Who knows...with our luck with kickers, he'll fall apart next year...I guess I shouldn't get too cocky.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #74
sike
The Preacha

you have gotta be kidding me

Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #75
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Darn. I thought the game started at 7:30. Didn't expect to be down 14 when I turned it on.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #76
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Crazy game.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #77
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #78
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I can only just 'lol' at this point.

And if McGee has to go to Philadelphia next week? Good lord. We'll hope for 44-3.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #79
Underdog

Hello, better draft pick!

Old 12-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I seriously could have told you that Buehler would be fine. His preseason convinced me. I know everyone was making a big deal about how its different, and yes, it is, but he showed he had the ability, and so I knew the mental aspect would eventually come. I'm at the point where I'm not scared when he goes up to kick...I'm not expecting him to make every one, but I'm not expecting him to not.
Thanks for making us look stupid, Beuhler...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-26-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Tags
theticket29cyborg, we win superballs now?