Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #481
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yeah, brah. Series is pretty much over after five games, brah.
You have to understand that this actuarializer is not the sharpest on this board. I believe even BigD knew ShaggyDirk (that's me Stan) was just doing a bit. He doesn't seem to grasp the full power of doom and gloom to this day. Let the poor guy wallow in his frustration that not èvery one thinks and wants to be like him.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #482
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
You have to understand that this actuarializer is not the sharpest on this board. I believe even BigD knew ShaggyDirk (that's me Stan) was just doing a bit. He doesn't seem to grasp the full power of doom and gloom to this day. Let the poor guy wallow in his frustration that not èvery one thinks and wants to be like him.
I knew your bit. Your bit just sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Let's all act like adults, take a deep breath, agree to disagree and just let it go.
I'm still going to point out that now you guys are claiming the format didn't matter. In case you forgot, that was my original position, not yours. And I haven't changed it.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #483
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm still going to point out that now you guys are claiming the format didn't matter. In case you forgot, that was my original position, not yours. And I haven't changed it.
Dude... nobody cares anymore.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #484
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew your bit. Your bit just sucked.
No, you just couldn't grasp it fully. Go back and read your posts, you sound like a whiny baby who wasn't getting enough attention.

For goodness sake, you gave me some red rep you were so mad that I was down on the Mavs...

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 10-31-2011 at 11:17 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #485
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, brah. Series is pretty much over after five games, brah.
Come on, man. You've already misplayed your hand by calling people "little bitches" and acting like you've taught anybody anything or otherwise done something intellectually impressive here. You haven't. No need to supplement that mistake with simply awful mischaracterizations of others' arguments.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #486
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Come on, man. You've already misplayed your hand by calling people "little bitches" and acting like you've taught anybody anything or otherwise done something intellectually impressive here. You haven't. No need to supplement that mistake with simply awful mischaracterizations of others' arguments.
I posted a response to your argument here and you never replied until your "brah" comment, and now this is how you portray my case? That's certainly a mischaracterization I find intellectually unimpressive.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #487
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I posted a response to your argument here and you never replied until your "brah" comment, and now this is how you portray my case? That's certainly a mischaracterization I find intellectually unimpressive.
This conversation, and how horribly out of touch with reality you remain to be, is as sad as the result of the series that this thread was SUPPOSED to be about. Just so full of fail.

For the record, I never once changed my stance. I believe what I believe and I KNOW the players that suit up (in ALL sports) firmly, FIRMLY believe that momentum matters as well and I KNOW every single manager in every single sport, if given a 1-1 split with 3 straight games at home, would pick the 2-3-2 format EVERY SINGLE TIME. Might not work out every time, but they would prefer to have that opportunity.

Granted, you might not be able to put a percentage on it, but life isn't lived in black and white and people aren't merely stats. That just isn't how it works. Maybe you turn them into that for your successful career, but (I just have to get in this club too) brah, (I feel so cool now) this game isn't played on paper. The math and statistics play a role, and I give you that, but you must use your eyes, ears and common sense as well. If you only use one method, and I speak for both sides of the fence, you are only looking out of one eye.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #488
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Well..... I tried.

Gentlemen.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #489
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good thing I'm not puffing out my chest, running around calling people "little bitches" like I've done anything at all.

There was a debate with good points on both sides, including yours. But only one person in the debate started foolishly flaunting the nonsensical attitude that he had "schooled" the masses.

You haven't schooled anyone. You haven't done sh*t other than capably defend your position, which is pretty much expected around here. Want a cookie?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #490
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
This conversation, and how horribly out of touch with reality you remain to be, is as sad as the result of the series that this thread was SUPPOSED to be about. Just so full of fail.

For the record, I never once changed my stance. I believe what I believe and I KNOW the players that suit up (in ALL sports) firmly, FIRMLY believe that momentum matters as well and I KNOW every single manager in every single sport, if given a 1-1 split with 3 straight games at home, would pick the 2-3-2 format EVERY SINGLE TIME. Might not work out every time, but they would prefer to have that opportunity.
I am fully aware of the common lore. I question it, while most people don't. I guess that's what makes it common lore in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Good thing I'm not puffing out my chest, running around calling people "little bitches" like I've done anything at all.

There was a debate with good points on both sides, including yours. But only one person in the debate started foolishly flaunting the nonsensical attitude that he had "schooled" the masses.

You haven't schooled anyone. You haven't done sh*t other than capably defend your position, which is pretty much expected around here. Want a cookie?
Dan has made a complete ass of himself all up and down this thread, with insults and pictures and what have you.

So between his emotions, your silent treatment, and ShaggyDirk's trolling, no, I don't see how "capably defending your position" is the standard around here. It sure would be nice, though.

Yet you called me out, of all people. I assume this has nothing to do with the fact that you generally agree with Dan's sentiment about the format.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #491
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am fully aware of the common lore. I question it, while most people don't. I guess that's what makes it common lore in the first place.

Dan has made a complete ass of himself all up and down this thread, with insults and pictures and what have you.

So between his emotions, your silent treatment, and ShaggyDirk's trolling, no, I don't see how "capably defending your position" is the standard around here. It sure would be nice, though.

Yet you called me out, of all people. I assume this has nothing to do with the fact that you generally agree with Dan's sentiment about the format.
Sorry dude, but I have called them like I see them for close to 8,000 posts here, as I do in "real" life. You pushed me with your holier than thou garbage that others are referring to right now. That rubbed ALL of us wrong. Your bullshit suggestion that because you do something for a living it makes it the correct way to think AND makes you an expert on the topic at hand (all the while bragging on how you earned a buttload of money off of simple minded folk like us) is insulting. You also laughed inside as you typed a sentence about our (or maybe just my) inability to comprehend.

That horse shit is why you stand alone right now being called out by many. No one likes "that guy" and you should be intelligent enough to know that. Anything I said to you was said because you believe there is a tall horse which you are entitled to straddle, whilst flinging turds at us mere common folk with, no doubt, tard vernacular and drool escaping our lips.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #492
LonghornDub

Quote:

I'm not a fan of a lot of things that were said during the debate. I didn't say them--I stuck purely to the merits until taking issue with your calling people "little bitches" as you rampantly mischaracterized the argument others were making (hint: nobody ever said "Series are over after 5 games" or "There are no drawbacks to the format for the road team").

In any event, you open the door for things to get a bit personal when you start talking about your job and how it makes you an authority on the subject. Don't feed the sharks.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #493
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

NSFW...

Feel dirty having listened to it (should be sacred, unrevealed stuff), but man, have to understand the internal love for Wash having heard it.

"Those cocksuckers asking me if I thought we were gonna go up there and try to work his fuckin’ pitch count ‘cause he’s on three fuckin’ days rest…you know what I told those cocksuckers? He pitch ball, ball cross plate, we gonna knock the shit out of it."

Awesome...

So sad they didn't get it done.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote