Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default REGULAR Season 2011/12

Melo; 100-100
Old 12-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

NY Knicks win. Garnett again ruepeling the Opponent.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Rose looks more under control.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

kobe with 5 turnovers already
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice, if the Bulls manage to hold on to the lead. Rose not a single FTA. lol

Last edited by #41; 12-25-2011 at 08:00 PM.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Joey Crawford gift-wrapping the Knicks win and in the other game they missed the terrible Deng travel.

Nice day
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Joey Crawford gift-wrapping the Knicks win and in the other game they missed the terrible Deng travel.

Nice day
I don't think Deng came down. The one angle they showed sure didn't show either way.

Not that I care if it was. Derrick Rose is by favorite non-Maverick, and that floater was ridiculous. Plus, it was the Lakers he beat, always a plus.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Clippers-Warriors was an entertaining game until the end, some thoughts:

-Billups is a ball dominator and shoots way too much (6/19), it felt like every time he had the ball he was chucking up a shot. I actually don't mind his game normally, and thought he'd be a solid backup PG for us if we could somehow get him, but now it definitely looks like he wouldn't be the right fit.

-Deandre Jordon is a SERIOUS threat for Defensive Player of the Year. Most people knew that already, but the kid is a monster. 8 blocks tonight, and multiple altered shots as well. Very long and athletic, him and Blake Griffin are going to present numerous matchup problems to due their athleticism.

-CP3 and Blake both looked very dangerous all game. As soon as it looked like one was shut down, the other was scoring like crazy. Blake took over the third quarter with multiple buckets in a row, and CP3 had some huge jumpers in the second half.

-Mo Williams only had 8 FGA and played only about 22 min. I feel like he's going to be the forgotten man, due to CP3 and Billups. I think he'll be wanting out of LA before the end of the season, just a hunch.

-Butler looked good to me, even though he missed some shots. Did a good job rebounding, took good shots, and played pretty good defense. I think LA is a good fit for him, he'll be able to play a supporting role without much pressure and I think he'll do well.

-Brandon Rush, Klay Thompson, and Andris Biedrins were all bright spots for the Warriors. Rush showed active hands with a couple blocks and steals, Thompson had a rough start but settled down and made some nice plays, and Biedrins was very active and did a great job on the glass in limited minutes.

The Clippers certainly look like a legit threat to me, definitely a playoff team. Very athletic and deep, lots of scoring and a strong defensive presence inside with Deandre Jordan and on the perimeter with CP3. The score well, rebound well, and get out and run well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, my turn!

That was an ugly first half. Really ugly. I half wanted to just turn it off at halftime.

For the Clippers: I can't stand Billups. He's a chucker, as demonstrated last night, he flops all over the place to draw fouls, and he's not actually clutch. If that's how he's going to play, he's going to hurt the Clippers. He doesn't need to take more shots than both Blake and CP3 on a nightly basis.

Also, I miss Caron. Already. If it wasn't for him, I would be over 100% on board with the front office's plan for the Mavericks. Still, with Butler, I still wonder if we couldn't have resigned both him and Chandler and been in a position to win the next two championships. If so, who cares if we have to wait a couple of years for contracts to expire before we can be competitive again? I trust the FO and I'm okay with what they've done, but it's interesting to think about that scenario.

Need moar Blake dunkz.

Warriors: Ellis just doesn't get it. 15 points on 19 shots. 8 assists, but 4 turnovers. I still think he could be really effective in the right system, but it'd have to be a really good fit. Not the Mavericks, that's for sure...we don't need yet another tweener.

How good would Andres Biendrins look starting for the Mavericks? FT shooting be damned, I'd kill to have someone like that starting.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

Biedrins was killed in Donnie's system im not surprised he looked good yesterday, he will be good for GS going forward. It wasn't always pretty but GS at least showed a lot of effort on the defensive end. I really think Klay Thompson is going to be a stud for them and agree that Monte doesn't fit there system, they really are better off trading him, a team like Milwaukee that needs scoring desperatly or charlotte could use him. GS looks like a team that is 1 piece away from being a playoff contender, they still need a big that can score a bit on the low block.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

Deron williams said he would be grumpy if the nets lose a lot
Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Sigh
Have yet to see a minute of "Lob City". Wish the Clippers were a East Coast team. I'm getting old and 10:30 is way past my bedtime, especially when there is nothing to watch between 8 and 10:30.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Deron williams said he would be grumpy if the nets lose a lot
Well, he is going to be grumpy.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
mavs777
Diamond Member

So the nets are losing 9-33, ready for dallas deron?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

This gonna be some loooong ugly weeks and months for Deron until the trade deadline. Then they may get Howard and they still miss the playoffs = two wasted prime years.

If Dwight doesnt land with the Nets Deron is so gone..
Old 12-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This gonna be some loooong ugly weeks and months for Deron until the trade deadline. Then they may get Howard and they still miss the playoffs = two wasted prime years.

If Dwight doesnt land with the Nets Deron is so gone..
I wonder if Dwight changes his mind about NJ if they are still one of the worst teams in NBA near trade deadline.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
b_o_r
Golden Member

about to watch the new look timberwolves
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #18
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

the Twolves will make the playoffs this year. young, athletic, can rebound and good passing pg play
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ricky Rubio is pretty studly! Shouldn't be long before he roots Luke Ridnour out of that starting spot. He looks to be a highlight machine in the making.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
the Twolves will make the playoffs this year. young, athletic, can rebound and good passing pg play
No, they play no defense.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

these shortened seasons benefit clubs with young, enthusiasm. A young Mavs squad broke into the playoffs for the first time in this dynasty in 2001's shortened season. I could see Minnesota making a push-- after all the West is a lot weaker and half the teams in the league go.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
these shortened seasons benefit clubs with young, enthusiasm. A young Mavs squad broke into the playoffs for the first time in this dynasty in 2001's shortened season. I could see Minnesota making a push-- after all the West is a lot weaker and half the teams in the league go.
2001's shortened season? The lockout was 98-99, and the Mavs didn't make the playoffs that year.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-27-2011 at 02:20 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #23
mavs777
Diamond Member

check this out lol Ridnour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfTo...layer_embedded
Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
mavs777
Diamond Member

Derek Fisher lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1lde0RIdBY
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #25
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

F´ em
Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets won their first game, gt blown out by 36 the next night. Boy...this is going to be some bad basketball this year.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #27
mavs777
Diamond Member

Blatche already complaining, such a talented idiot.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #28
mavs777
Diamond Member

Minny is getting killed 79-59 in the third, they really play no defense but look at that A/TO ratio... 6 assists/20 turnovers, Jon Leuer maybe a steal for milwaukee

Last edited by mavs777; 12-27-2011 at 10:19 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #29
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

106-70 ? You kidding ?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
106-70 ? You kidding ?
When your second best player is Humphries...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

twolves down 7 with 7 mins to play
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #32
mavs777
Diamond Member

yeah t wolves coming back, getting to the line and paint.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
When your second best player is Humphries...
That´s correct. I wonder how JJ is doing up there in MIL.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #34
mavs777
Diamond Member

Bucks win, btw JJ hurt his hamstring earlier in the game.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #35
mavs777
Diamond Member

Reggie Miller on Ernes Kantar: "He likes to bang first, ask questions later".
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #36
sefant77
Guru

"we dont wanna be the villains"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5q09...ayer_embedded#
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #37
b_o_r
Golden Member

The Wolves are entertaining to watch, but they have no sense of defense. And to some degree, the offense doesn't look very Adelman like either. Negative To/Assist ratio isn't very Princeton at all.

I admire Kevin Love's dedication to getting in shape, but he looks like a crack/meth addict in face because of the rapid weight loss.

Lob City plays at a reasonable hour so I'll get my first look at them tonight.

Watched some Portland last night. Didn't like Gerald Wallace on the team last year because of his redundancy to Marion, but I would love to have him now. Have him start with Marion/Terry coming off the bench to anchor the 2nd unit.

New Jersey looks awful.
Wizards are a collection of low BBIQ players.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #38
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
That´s correct. I wonder how JJ is doing up there in MIL.
He looks good and fits perfectly with their system. Looks to push the ball, takes charges, and gets burned on defense. Last night, he was having problems converting at the rim like the beginning of the Heat series though.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #39
mavs777
Diamond Member

The bobcats can't miss
Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #40
b_o_r
Golden Member

Boris Diaw is huge, but still very talented.

Once again, if you limit your TO and rebound, the Heat look ordinary.