Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Def don't want this nut job on the Mavs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtlNnXEON4

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Def don't want this nut job on the Mavs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtlNnXEON4
I thought it was Harrison at first when I read "Barnes" -- thank goodness I forgot about Matt.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #83
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to lose games than having this asshole on the team.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #84
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I may be alone in this but I do not have issue with his attitude. Firstly, I do not know his background with his family, there may be (emotional) reasons why he is so protective when it comes to his family. Secondly, this passion can be good when translated onto court, assuming it will not hurt his game. This attitude can be beneficial when building team mentality and you need some toughness. Look at his game, he is giving his all when he is playing, it is not like he is turning into Lamar Odom in one season. Also, he did not get physical and was in control of his emotions, it would not have surprised me one bit if he would have attacked the reporter, given his record of being headache.

Blake Griffin went much further when he hit Matias Testi.

Only problem is that this kind of attitude can be hurtful within Mavs. Mavs do not have good record with this kind of headaches.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #85
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I may be alone in this but I do not have issue with his attitude. Firstly, I do not know his background with his family, there may be (emotional) reasons why he is so protective when it comes to his family. Secondly, this passion can be good when translated onto court, assuming it will not hurt his game. This attitude can be beneficial when building team mentality and you need some toughness. Look at his game, he is giving his all when he is playing, it is not like he is turning into Lamar Odom in one season. Also, he did not get physical and was in control of his emotions, it would not have surprised me one bit if he would have attacked the reporter, given his record of being headache.

Blake Griffin went much further when he hit Matias Testi.

Only problem is that this kind of attitude can be hurtful within Mavs. Mavs do not have good record with this kind of headaches.
Youre okay with him and his brother assaulting people at clubs? Because his anger is coming from questions about that. And he's done it on more than one occasion
Old 12-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #86
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Youre okay with him and his brother assaulting people at clubs? Because his anger is coming from questions about that. And he's done it on more than one occasion
Morris twins had their fun and have not been in the news for similar things happening again. What makes a deal breaker with DMC for me is following:

“He is a bully, to be sure,” said Bee columnist Ailene Voisin, who has extensive experience covering the NBA, as well as the NFL and MLB. “He bullies everybody. He bullies his coaches, his teammates, team employees, reporters.

Can not see how Boogie would work out in a situation where there is strong coaching and winning culture. He has been spoiled in Sacramento which actually may look as if he is pleased to be there. I thought he would be looking a way out but right now I think he actually may like it in Sacramento.

I am not strongly advocating for signing Cousins. Actually, he is not getting free this summer, so there is not much to talk about. My doubts over him started when he said he respected Rondo... Can not have a guy like that wearing Mavericks' uniform. Cousins is able to a lot when he is playing but perhaps he is the cancer holding Kings back.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #87
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Big fat NO to Cousins. Culture is underrated; the elite organizations (Spurs, Patriots) are built on and all for one and one for all culture. The talent is not worth the headache. Not to mention a real man doesn't bully senior citizens for doing their job.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:56 PM   #88
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter because we're about 25th on the list of teams with the best assets to acquire a player like Boogie, but I would say that it's very premature to say that he couldn't fit in with a strong organization. All we know is that he's had 7 coaches in 7 years and a front office that's equally incompetent. We have absolutely no idea how good he could be if he had stability and talent around him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #89
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
It doesn't matter because we're about 25th on the list of teams with the best assets to acquire a player like Boogie, but I would say that it's very premature to say that he couldn't fit in with a strong organization. All we know is that he's had 7 coaches in 7 years and a front office that's equally incompetent. We have absolutely no idea how good he could be if he had stability and talent around him.
Your right.. it's much more likely that there was an issue with 7 different coaches ability to coach effectively... OR maybe it's that 7 different coaches were unable to deal with him. Common denominator anyone?

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 12-19-2016 at 08:58 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'd say that you are wrong on both accounts

1) We have one of the most promising assets if we're willing to offer a first rounder and change

2) The common denominator is that Boogie is talented, but bullies his teammates, coaches, and FO staff. What happens if he comes here and can't bully our strong coaching staff? Will he magically be good like you say? Or more likely, will he become discontent like Antoine Walker and Rajon Rondo? It's easier to ease someone into more freedom than it is to suddenly take away a player's freedom.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #91
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree with the narrative that he "bullied" people on his team... Yes he has bouts of immaturity, especially on the court, and those shouldn't be tolerated, but again, the Kings have been argually the most poorly-run franchise in the last 10 years, and they're no closer to either competing or rebuilding than they were at the start. The on-court product just has to get better, but I don't place much, if any of that blame on Boogie. He's a top-10 player in this league, flareups notwithstanding. And I would hope we could have a more productive, nuanced conversation than you saying that I think he'd "magically" become a perfect player simply by getting traded. Come on. My point is that he hasn't had a chance on a real team yet and that we don't know how he'd respond. Personally, I feel like a strong environment would be good for a player who I think needs stability more than anything else.

Last edited by spreedom; 12-20-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #92
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Your right.. it's much more likely that there was an issue with 7 different coaches ability to coach effectively... OR maybe it's that 7 different coaches were unable to deal with him. Common denominator anyone?
No team in the NBA, regardless of record, should cycle through coaches that quickly. You have a zero percent chance of success if that's what you choose to do. Blame Boogie if you want, but the rosters around him have been terrible and they haven't made a single good decision at head coach since they promoted Mike Malone.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What good is being a top 10 talent if you can't get your team to even .500 every year? And I mean not even close to .500 basketball.

Blaming everything on the roster and coaches is just as much as an excuse as saying it's not fair to Cousins that he has had so many coaches. He is the type of guy that likely wouldn't work with a Pop or Rick because they demand a lot. I could possibly seem a more player friendly coach like D'Antoni working out though.

And if you trade for him, then you are going to be paying him what looks to be a loooot of money in the new CBA. That is a huge, huge risk for a big question mark of a superstar player. Basically putting all your eggs into one basket.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #94
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Tap on this one. Regardless of the very poor organization he's had to deal with you can't behave in the way he behaved. This is not an isolated incident and there really is no excuse for how he has behaved his entire professional career. He can have a pass before he was a professional and he can maybe have an adjustment period to start his career about how to conduct himself. But this is his 7th season now, and he's still throwing tantrums on and off the floor like a spoiled brat.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm with Tap on this one. Regardless of the very poor organization he's had to deal with you can't behave in the way he behaved. This is not an isolated incident and there really is no excuse for how he has behaved his entire professional career. He can have a pass before he was a professional and he can maybe have an adjustment period to start his career about how to conduct himself. But this is his 7th season now, and he's still throwing tantrums on and off the floor like a spoiled brat.
Here is a list of the his issues...

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sac...122042604.html

12 incidents is a lot.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #96
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here is a list of the his issues...

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sac...122042604.html

12 incidents is a lot.
Wow that's ridiculous. Simply no excuse for a player to have a list like that.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #97
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Kyrie >>>> Curry.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #98
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I honestly didn't like the way the game ended. Jefferson contact on Durant was incidental so I get the no call but I hate seeing games end like that. GSW's can't win games while being that sloppy either. They were really careless with the ball in that 4th it looked to me.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:57 AM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Comment of the evening from a disgruntled Griz fan...

"Chandler Parson is so so garbage I don't believe it...@ grizzlies #wasted$…where is Bonzie Wells when you need him...lol"

Old 12-27-2016, 05:14 AM   #100
Thebo

Old 12-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #101
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

DNP Rest after playing 12 minutes the night before. lol
Old 12-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #102
Thebo

Oh boy, Nets were so close winning against Chicago... Butler had none of it, helped by Foye's bad inbound pass.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:17 AM   #103
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Wolves really pissing me off. KAT, Wiggins, and Lavine with all their athleticism combine for 6 FTA's and lose another game.... to Denver. My only hope is that Thibs finds a way to get them to play winning basketball sooner rather than later because the 3-4 times I've actually watched a game, I've come a way very unimpressed.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #104
Thebo

I may have missed it but what exactly caused fallout between Monroe and Bucks?

I wonder if Jason Kidd would help Mavs one more time and trade Monroe and top 14 protected 1st round pick for Bogut + Powell...

When it comes to Wolves... The Curse of Minnesota. It is not surprising and that is reason why I am still waiting to see if they can realize their talent or not.

Last edited by Thebo; 12-29-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #105
sefant77
Guru

Monroe just sucks ass, his defense is non-existent, making him overall a net negative on the court. No thanks.

I would love to snatch Nurkic. Jokic is future in Denver and the Twin Tower experiment failed allready.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #106
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Monroe just sucks ass, his defense is non-existent, making him overall a net negative on the court. No thanks.

I would love to snatch Nurkic. Jokic is future in Denver and the Twin Tower experiment failed allready.
His defense is what makes this trade so workable. Mavs stay bad or get even worse and add late 1st round pick.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:56 PM   #107
sefant77
Guru

Monroes contract expires at the end of next season. Pretty sure the Bucks would prefer to dump Henson instead (after this season still 3y/32m left).

But no, they are not risking their pick in this strong draft for such marginal moves. Powells contract looks like ass too...
Old 12-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #108
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rajon Rondo benched in second half for second time in a week

Cancer.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #109
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Old 12-30-2016, 10:39 PM   #110
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
If only MCW could stay healthy to take his spot...

Old 12-31-2016, 06:16 PM   #111
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
If only MCW could stay healthy to take his spot...
Looks like the gods saw my post as MCW will be starting tonight against the Bucks.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-31-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #112
sefant77
Guru

Rondo is soon gone...and out of the league. Hello China....

Damn arrogant prick
Old 01-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #113
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Rondo is soon gone...and out of the league. Hello China....

Damn arrogant prick
Good riddance when that happens.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #114
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more than happy with him destroying the Bulls as long as Wade is there tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #115
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I'm more than happy with him destroying the Bulls as long as Wade is there tbh
2 birds, 1 stone.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2 birds, 1 cup.
fixed
Old 01-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #117
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
fixed
Greatness
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #118
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

You know things are bad when Festus Ezeli is trying to motivate your team to play better...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c-...er-tough-loss/

Old 01-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #119
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/0...ficial-release

Zaza again with the massive support from home I'm guessing haha.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #120
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/0...ficial-release

Zaza again with the massive support from home I'm guessing haha.
Wow. Dude isn't even in my top 15 frontcourt players in the West

Gobert, Jordan, Kanter, and Cousins are all better centers in a conference that is admittedly weak at C

Davis, Durant, Leonard, Barnes, Jokic, Aldridge, and Green are all better forwards

Could be a first that a guy goes to the Allstar Game with 5pts, 6reb

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.