Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Pure assumption on my part but I think Richardson has screwed up his stock so bad that he may need to opt in to his deal.
I agree. Is he a Duffy guy? So we can’t totally scree him over. He’s not a bad innings eater for the regular season, sort of like a middle reliever for a baseball analogy. I’d just worry about him stunting Greens growth. Green needs consistent rotation minutes and we as a team need him to play.

If he opts in he will still want to start and I would make it clear to him and his agent that it’s in his best interest to move on, as he’d be playing for a contract again. Hopefully there is a team that is willing to do a SnT and we get back a flawed player on a bad one year deal that fits our roster needs better.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #42
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oladipo when healthy is very good. Now if you're saying he's not good because he's not available then that's fair but talent-wise? He's a very good player and exactly what this team could use if he was more healthy.
I’ll admit to having not watched him a lot. But his shooting percentages are not good. And of course availability is a huge question mark due to injury concerns. Last season he shot 40% from the field and 32% from 3 while with Houston. Once he got to Miami he shot 37% from the field and 23% from 3. He’s never shot above 37% from 3 in his career.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #43
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I agree. Is he a Duffy guy? So we can’t totally scree him over. He’s not a bad innings eater for the regular season, sort of like a middle reliever for a baseball analogy. I’d just worry about him stunting Greens growth. Green needs consistent rotation minutes and we as a team need him to play.

If he opts in he will still want to start and I would make it clear to him and his agent that it’s in his best interest to move on, as he’d be playing for a contract again. Hopefully there is a team that is willing to do a SnT and we get back a flawed player on a bad one year deal that fits our roster needs better.
I think a contender should want him. I don't know why guys like him and Delon Wright don't work here. Its mind boggling to me.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:30 PM   #44
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’ll admit to having not watched him a lot. But his shooting percentages are not good. And of course availability is a huge question mark due to injury concerns. Last season he shot 40% from the field and 32% from 3 while with Houston. Once he got to Miami he shot 37% from the field and 23% from 3. He’s never shot above 37% from 3 in his career.
He's not a great shooter by any means. I like more of the fact that he can get easy baskets, has handles and distribute.

Right now I've seen enough to just want guys on this team who can create their own shot and shots for others while Luka is on the bench. If they don't come out of this offseason without getting that its a failed offseason IMO.

Who's the Chris Paul out there that can take this team to the next level like he did for the Suns?
Old 06-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #45
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
They value the 3 ball so much that a good player like DeRozan might get side stepped by the Mavs because of the fit in the current system.
'They' do? Or 'the NBA' does? Mavs have had the highest percentage, by far, of mid range jump shots in the NBA, when Dirk was playing. The NBA has changed since then, but I wouldn't put that on Rick, or the Mavs. I actually think Rick wouldn't mind seeing more mid range jump-shots, as opposed to forced 3's.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

WASHINGTON WIZARDS Report: Washington Wizards continue to monitor Kristaps Porzingis

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/washi...aps-porzingis/

Come on to BIG D Beal!!

Not sure if this site is even legit.....but I can fantasize lol.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #47
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

Wizards: We'll give you Russ for KP
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:29 PM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
Wizards: We'll give you Russ for KP
And i'd do it too.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:46 PM   #49
Jayinem
Banned

Quote:
And i'd do it too.
You want Russ on this team? Good god man. You know there's only one basketball. Luka and Russ have two of the highest usage rates ever. Russ can't play off the ball. Talk about bad fit.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-07-2021 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I can't with these Donnie quotes today. One tries to keep a level head as a fan, and then you hear our glorious GM talk. Yikes.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I can't with these Donnie quotes today. One tries to keep a level head as a fan, and then you hear our glorious GM talk. Yikes.
Link?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #52
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WASHINGTON WIZARDS Report: Washington Wizards continue to monitor Kristaps Porzingis

Come on to BIG D Beal!!

Unfortunately the idea would not be to trade Beal to get KP.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:36 PM   #53
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Come on to BIG D Beal!!

That's an old report and Beal actually wants to play with KP

I personally don't think KP is as bad as people make him out to be.

Some of his issues are injuries and some are just related to system basketball.

I've practically given up debating it but I do think KP needs a change of scenery and would probably fair much better someplace like Golden St where their system would definitely get him touches.

It's kind of like when Seth got traded i felt like he was going to a better situation and would be put in a system around other pieces he fit best with....

Golden st would be ideal for KP playing next to Draymond and Wiseman up front with Curry & Klay in the backcourt. Fresh start better place
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #54
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You want Russ on this team? Good god man. You know there's only one basketball. Luka and Russ have two of the highest usage rates ever. Russ can't play off the ball. Talk about bad fit.
What do you mean he can't play off the ball? I don't need him for just offense if he's giving me 10 rebounds and 10 assists....getting Russell Westbrook would also allow you to rest Luka more. The Mavericks need a high usage guy. Russ wouldn't be my first choice in that regard but i'd take ANYTHING for KP at this point. Westbrook is a walking triple double.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #55
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Unfortunately the idea would not be to trade Beal to get KP.
Probably not. But if a situation comes where Beal wants out.......i'd never say never.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #56
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's an old report and Beal actually wants to play with KP

I personally don't think KP is as bad as people make him out to be.

Some of his issues are injuries and some are just related to system basketball.

I've practically given up debating it but I do think KP needs a change of scenery and would probably fair much better someplace like Golden St where their system would definitely get him touches.

It's kind of like when Seth got traded i felt like he was going to a better situation and would be put in a system around other pieces he fit best with....

Golden st would be ideal for KP playing next to Draymond and Wiseman up front with Curry & Klay in the backcourt. Fresh start better place
I have no issue with KP. I just don't think he fits in this offense. This offense is about Luka dominating the ball and dishing it out to the open jump shooter. So if that's this offense then there's no place for KP here and honestly i'm not even sure if there's a place for Wiggins at his salary.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #57
Jayinem
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean he can't play off the ball? I don't need him for just offense if he's giving me 10 rebounds and 10 assists....getting Russell Westbrook would also allow you to rest Luka more. The Mavericks need a high usage guy. Russ wouldn't be my first choice in that regard but i'd take ANYTHING for KP at this point. Westbrook is a walking triple double.
Dude I think your bbiq must be really low. The reason Russ gets 10 assists is because he controls the ball. You want to take the ball out of Lukas hands?

Russ would quickly join DSJ and KP if rumors are true in being disgruntled because of how much Luka controls the ball. It would be a disaster anybody with any foresight could see that.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-07-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #58
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have no issue with KP. I just don't think he fits in this offense. This offense is about Luka dominating the ball and dishing it out to the open jump shooter. So if that's this offense then there's no place for KP here and honestly i'm not even sure if there's a place for Wiggins at his salary.
Yeah I agree with you

It's been 2 years and I just don't think KP fits here now.

He's not a guy who can put the ball on the floor and go get his own shot so he has to be setup.

I mentioned Golden St because Draymond runs point forward in that offense and he does a great job spreading the ball around and they use lots of movement.

Wiggins is the most realistic target for KP and although I think KP is the better player and shooter Wiggins would at least get higher volume usage here simaliar to THJ except he can attack more at the rim. He's a ok defender and right now the mavs don't have much choice if they want to move forward without KP.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:12 PM   #59
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Donnie is an idiot. I’m on fire Donnie squad.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:12 PM   #60
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you

He's not a guy who can put the ball on the floor and go get his own shot so he has to be setup.

I mentioned Golden St because Draymond runs point forward in that offense and he does a great job spreading the ball around and they use lots of movement.

Wiggins is the most realistic target for KP and although I think KP is the better player and shooter Wiggins would at least get higher volume usage here simaliar to THJ except he can attack more at the rim. He's a ok defender and right now the mavs don't have much choice if they want to move forward without KP.
Yeah, not overly crazy about Wiggins but he is probably a realistic target. His lack of aggression would be frustrating but at least he is more durable, can score and provide a little D.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #61
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Excellent article from MavsMoneyball

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/6...ot-good-enough
News flash: good players cost lots of money. Mark Cuban hasn’t paid the luxury tax since 2011. These things are connected.

Every aspect of the Mavericks basketball operations has to be under the microscope: Cuban needs to revaluate his input as a team owner and not technically the team’s general manager. Donnie Nelson needs to be evaluated for his full body of work over the last two years and not just for swiping Doncic in the 2018 Draft. The Mavericks draft room has to figure out how they had three picks in the top-36 and came away with zero playoff rotation players. Coincidentally, the team needs to ask their coaching staff why none of those young players could find time for development when the Mavericks sat their stars numerous times in the regular season.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:28 PM   #62
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Free Agents

Not Coming to Dallas (unless hell freezes over)
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Kyle Lowry
Mike Conley

Slovenians Who May or May Not Want to Leave Miami
Goran Dragic

UFA, BUT Do We REALLY Want Them?
DeMar DeRozan
Victor Oladipo
Kelly Oubre Jr.

Playing Hard to Get (RFAs)
John Collins
Lonzo Ball
Lauri Markkanen
Josh Hart
Bruce Brown
Gary Trent Jr.
Hamidou Diallo
Duncan Robinson
Kendrick Nunn
Devonte Graham

UFAs (Including Likely Declined Options)
Justise Winslow
Spencer Dinwiddie
Norman Powell
Kris Dunn
Kevon Looney
Bobby Portis
Alex Caruso
Nic Batum
Reggie Jackson
TJ McConnell
Guys I would realistically go after. Emphasis on realistic:

Demar
Lauri
Gary Trent
Spencer Dinwiddie
Normal Powell
TJ McConnell
Old 06-07-2021, 10:49 PM   #63
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dude I think your bbiq must be really low. The reason Russ gets 10 assists is because he controls the ball. You want to take the ball out of Lukas hands?

Russ would quickly join DSJ and KP if rumors are true in being disgruntled because of how much Luka controls the ball. It would be a disaster anybody with any foresight could see that.
First off, let's calm down on the insults.....just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have a "low bbiq". I see the game different than you. Because I've seen Russell Westbrook play next to high usage guys like Paul George and James Harden and still be able to put up 7 assists a game and 10 assists game respectively. And maybe Luka needs to control the ball less. Something needs to change because what we currently doing isn't working.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:49 PM   #64
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
News flash: good players cost lots of money. Mark Cuban hasn’t paid the luxury tax since 2011. These things are connected.

Every aspect of the Mavericks basketball operations has to be under the microscope: Cuban needs to revaluate his input as a team owner and not technically the team’s general manager. Donnie Nelson needs to be evaluated for his full body of work over the last two years and not just for swiping Doncic in the 2018 Draft. The Mavericks draft room has to figure out how they had three picks in the top-36 and came away with zero playoff rotation players. Coincidentally, the team needs to ask their coaching staff why none of those young players could find time for development when the Mavericks sat their stars numerous times in the regular season.
I read that earlier and it's fair and honest breakdown.

If you think about it Cuban has turned cheap as shit.

I'm glad this article calls him out and the front office in general for these past two offseasons.

Luka has the same damn core players since basically his rookie season and every year Donnie and Cuban tell us they are confident in this group of players.

Shit gets old and frustrating watching the mavs get bounced of the 1st round each year they make the playoffs.

We are at 7 1st round exits in the last 8 post season appearances.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #65
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
First off, let's calm down on the insults.....just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have a "low bbiq". I see the game different than you. Because I've seen Russell Westbrook play next to high usage guys like Paul George and James Harden and still be able to put up 7 assists a game and 10 assists game respectively. And maybe Luka needs to control the ball less. Something needs to change because what we currently doing isn't working.
I actually posted a thread this season about trading for Westbrook

I mentioned despite his contract he could have played the same role the mavs were envisioning Wright and Richardson to play next to Luka accept Russ is 10xs the player of either one.

So many nights when this team lacked energy or didn't play hard. Refused to attack the rim or couldn't get out in transition. Russ fixes all those issues and he finally started clicking next to Beal.

I would have shipped out Richardson, Powell, Brunson and Kleber for Russ in a heart beat when his trade value was low around January and Febuary.

This team needs a pitbull type player like Russ.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:59 PM   #66
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I mentioned despite his contract he could have played the same role the mavs were envisioning Wright and Richardson to play next to Luka accept Russ is 10xs the player of either one.

So many nights when this team lacked energy or didn't play hard. Refused to attack the rim or couldn't get out in transition. Russ fixes all those issues and he finally started clicking next to Beal.

I would have shipped out Richardson, Powell, Brunson and Kleber for Russ in a heart beat when his trade value was low around January and Febuary.

Why would Washington have traded their All Star for a bunch of spare parts though? Just because his trade value was low?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:06 PM   #67
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

RWB is talented and I actually like his 100% motor. But he will give us 35mins of good play and 2 mins of god I hate you so much play. And those 2 minutes are always closing games or pivotal moments that win you games.

This is the same guy who kept the ball from KD to close games. I'm 100% convinced if he shared the court with Steph he would take the game winning 3 without even considering Steph taking it. He has not grown one bit as a pg since then. If I can be guaranteed that Luka has the ball to close the game and not Russ(and that Russ doesn't throw a tantrum about it) then sure great.

He's a freak of an athlete and fills up the box score(to the detriment of the team at times) like none other. But imo he is the typical "not a winning player" player. I'd trade KP for him sure but I'm open to a lot of options with KP and trades.

I also think there is a better than fair chance that a murder could occur in a locker room with Russ and Rick.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:20 PM   #68
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you

Wiggins is a very realistic situation sadly. I like him just not at his salary but he's still relatively young....
Old 06-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #69
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

I agree.

And I understand Westbrook isn't the ideal superstar we'd want. I'd love to have KD over him. I'd love to Kawhi. But superstars aren't available and Westbrook is probably the most attainable guy out there. One thing about him is you don't have to question is hunger. You don't have to question his motor. He's going to give 100% every single night.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:35 PM   #70
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
RWB is talented and I actually like his 100% motor. But he will give us 35mins of good play and 2 mins of god I hate you so much play. And those 2 minutes are always closing games or pivotal moments that win you games.

This is the same guy who kept the ball from KD to close games. I'm 100% convinced if he shared the court with Steph he would take the game winning 3 without even considering Steph taking it. He has not grown one bit as a pg since then. If I can be guaranteed that Luka has the ball to close the game and not Russ(and that Russ doesn't throw a tantrum about it) then sure great.

He's a freak of an athlete and fills up the box score(to the detriment of the team at times) like none other. But imo he is the typical "not a winning player" player. I'd trade KP for him sure but I'm open to a lot of options with KP and trades.

I also think there is a better than fair chance that a murder could occur in a locker room with Russ and Rick.
I think Russ is given a tough break at times. I don't know why his stats don't equate to more success. That's definitely shocking that it doesn't especially in the East......

I'm more excited about a acquisition of a Westbrook because it would mean Luka would have to do less. It would give us a ball handler when Luka sits.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:43 PM   #71
Dallas41
Diamond Member

It's so frustrating watching what C.Paul has done to help elevate the Suns so quickly.

And don't get me started on the Hawks

I'm so frustrated with Cuban and Donnie right now.

Sick of their annual company speech how they are always looking to be opportunistic and improve the team in the offseason

Sick of hearing the same damn speech
Old 06-08-2021, 01:25 AM   #72
Unicorn

Unicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really nice

I believe we can get Giannis, Bucks are going nowhere
Old 06-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #73
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's so frustrating watching what C.Paul has done to help elevate the Suns so quickly.

And don't get me started on the Hawks

I'm so frustrated with Cuban and Donnie right now.

Sick of their annual company speech how they are always looking to be opportunistic and improve the team in the offseason

Sick of hearing the same damn speech
Agree! Spotrac podcast (the guys that do all the contract tracking) yesterday were poking Cuban for trying to align his money with the free agency bonanzas that never come. Basically saying that Mavs failed to do anything in 2019 and 20 because they thought 21 would be the big free agency haul. Wow
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #74
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
He just signed a max to stay. Maybe in 4 years we can get him. But first Bud is getting fired and they’ll get a new coach.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:24 AM   #75
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
How would you propose we get him?
Old 06-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #76
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
He just signed a max to stay. Maybe in 4 years we can get him. But first Bud is getting fired and they’ll get a new coach.
Yeah.....for Giannis to leave....a few things have to happen like you said.

Phase 1: Fire head coach
Phase 2: continue to recycle role players around Giannis
Phase 3: continue to recycle role players around Giannis
Phase 4: Fail at getting a big fish to play with Giannis
Phase 5: Contract is iup
Old 06-08-2021, 09:39 AM   #77
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Link?
I'm sure you found it by now, but he basically said Luka needs to pass the ball more to his teammates. With a straight fucking face...

Fire that dumb dumb.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #78
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Exactly what the concern was with Houston. To his credit, Russ did try to work around that there, but he is what he is. This is also why he gets criticized for creating great stats which don't really translate to wins.

The good thing is that he's all effort, all the time.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #79
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm sure you found it by now, but he basically said Luka needs to pass the ball more to his teammates. With a straight fucking face...

Fire that dumb dumb.
Yea. It's finger pointing at the only success he has had in quite a while. Sad.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:33 AM   #80
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Exactly what the concern was with Houston. To his credit, Russ did try to work around that there, but he is what he is. This is also why he gets criticized for creating great stats which don't really translate to wins.

The good thing is that he's all effort, all the time.
So do we criticize Luka for his stats and it not translating in wins?

Tags
jack.kerr aucks