Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-29-2002, 02:52 PM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Just saw the game the cowboys won 13-10[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] on a Billy Cundiff 48 yard field goal. Quincy had a good game. But Roy Williams was doing it all. Makinf Faulk fumble, made Warner get hurt, and the key sack to put the Rams out of field goal range.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2002, 02:56 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Well Quincy didnt lose the game and thats a plus. Roy I dotn konw what to say everyoen was starting to doubt the Cowboys for drafting him and maybe trading down and draft Shockey. Well Roy just proved why he was our first round pick. I had the cowboys going 1 and 3 right about now with a win over texas and ahve them still gettin 8 and 8. Imagine if they beat the Texans 3-1.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Williams, Roy Williams, Roy Williams... This guy is going to anchor our defense for years. That 3rd and 2 sack with Greg Ellis turned out to be the critical play of the game. Thank goodness Quincy Carter's slide before the field goal didn't lose us the game... although, I will grudgingly give Carter some credit for running more and playing with some poise today...

Take away that ridiculous Houston game and we would be 3-1... Take away the Philly disaster and we might be statistically rated as having the best defense in the league... Good game today...
Old 09-29-2002, 03:10 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Something I noticed when Carter scrambled right after that and actually took a hit, is that his turf shoes are the latest Air Jordans.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:17 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Something I noticed when Carter scrambled right after that and actually took a hit, is that his turf shoes are the latest Air Jordans. >>

Was abotu to comment on that he had the 200 dollar MJ's on. I never notice his shoes he had on but its like they wanted u to see what shoes he had on in the replay for promo or somethin lol.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 03:21 PM   #6
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Ellis made the last sack, but Roy was right there. He is going to be a good one. (SO IS ELLIS who is finally playing like the first rounder he was, it takes some Ends a while to get to top form, he seems to be arriving...GLover has helped him as well.

Quincy stepped up to answer Jerry's challenges earlier this week, Jerry the Motivator, who would have thought.

Young kiccker Cundiff has a good leg...

Everyone said the Boys would be 1-3 in the first 4, so 2-2 is a great start...
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #7
MavsRich

MavsRich is on a distinguished road

A lot of guys wear the Jordans, and Dar. Scott had the retros on when he scored the 1st touchdown. His good friend is a spokesman for Jordans line, so Carter may be 1 of the guys who gets to take advantage of that.
MavsRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:17 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Yea but ive noticed that alot of NFl players sports them in different colors. Are these the same mj's we get that is made for basketball or are they specially made for the NFL because I would imagine u would be slippin on the turf.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 04:35 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quincy did not have a good game. He had an ok game. This is as good as we can hope for with Quincy....thank God for this defense.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:38 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I expected Dallas to be 2-2 right now,not 1-3. As bad as they are playing, they're lucky to get out with the 2 wins. Saying that, you think DAllas might have a decent team? They aren't playing that good, but are .500. It will be interesting to see what will happen if the o-line ever figures out the new run blocking scheme. Also when Coslet starts to trust his team, and his calls get more agressive. I hate seeing the 3rd downs plays that seem like the play is designed to not make it.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:44 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Drbio, you crack me up. You claim you hope Quincy does good, then find a way to cap on him when he does. He is hitting what is there, and isn't making mistakes. On his one pick, Galloway slowed up and let the defender get the ball. He might not have caught it, but he should have broke it up. Other than that Q's game was good, he's starting to get out of the pocket, and is still hitting a good ptg of his passes. Considering the running game is still not there, he is doing good. Not great, not average, but GOOD.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:50 PM   #12
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< Quincy did not have a good game. He had an ok game. This is as good as we can hope for with Quincy....thank God for this defense. >>

i totally disagree. quincy had an excellent game. only 10 incompletions. he had 3 passes where he purposely spiked the ball to stop the clock. then he had another 4 passes which were dropped.

which means he only had 3 incompletions. he was able to drive the team down the field against a good defense with no timeouts left, and set up the game winning field goal. give credit where credit is due. the D played well, but they also allowed St. Louis to drive the length of the field before they sacked Martin. if martz runs the ball, field goals is probably good, and dallas loses.

you put the impetus on carter to deliver in the final moments and he did. thats the bottom line. enough quincy hating.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 04:56 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quincy cannot throw a decent pass over 10 yards. Period. He fumbles, he throws dumbass interceptions and he is often tiems confused. He was ok at best today...ok may be too much credit. The defense and Cundiff get credit for todays win. Crater does not.

Just211- how is the Quincy Apologists Club faring these days?
Old 09-29-2002, 05:04 PM   #14
Just211
Platinum Member

doc, your a hater, face it. Just as us REAL Cowboy fans do see things a little rosier than they are, you can't accept CArter playing a good game. at least the Carter apologists admit when he has a bad game, you should try to admit he had a good one. You nitpick all the little things he's doing wrong, but you have to remember he's in his second year. He's not going to be perfect, but I think he's done a lot more good things than bad.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:19 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< Quincy cannot throw a decent pass over 10 yards. Period. He fumbles, he throws dumbass interceptions and he is often tiems confused. He was ok at best today...ok may be too much credit. The defense and Cundiff get credit for todays win. Crater does not.

>>

hes fumbled twice this season, both in the last game. hes thrown 3 interceptions thru 4 games, against 4 very good defenses. texans, titans, philly, and the rams. he's on pace to throw 12 interceptions this year. i would hardly say hes NEARLY as bad as you make him out to be. in addition for god's sake, his first pass was a really nice touch pass to antonio bryant for 20 or 30 yards.

the defense gave up nearly 300 yards of passing to a backup qb. they werent able to get any consistent pressure on martin, and would have lost the game if not for the fact that martz throws the ball on a 3rd and short instead of running it.

bottom line is, cundiff doesnt make that kick if not for 2 factors.

1. martz throwing the ball on 3rd down instead of running it
2. carter not driving the cowboys down the field to set up that kick.

if you want to say carter is a poor QB, then back it up with statistics instead of just railing away with the same crap all the time about him.

if i wanted crap out of someone, i'll just squeeze joe joe's head.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:25 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Aexchange and Just211 thanks for holding down the quincy haters while I was gone lol. He made 70% of his passes and if that ball he through to Galloway would have been Rambo ro Bryant or someon taller that could easily be a catch. I have no clue to why Galloway slowed down unless he thoguth eh had too. I think we can all agree that we dont know if Quincy will be a good qb but we are giving him the benefit of the doubt and thats what Quincy wants and is begging for but fans like BIO and there are plenty others just dont want to see him back there. How can u complete 70 percent of your passes and over 200 yards and have a okay game?

It was a good game. He didnt lose the game for us and thast what we need from Quincy. How can u give Cundiff credit for the win and not Quincy? Quincy is the one who got us in field goal range. I dont know if Quincy is inconsistent because this is his 12 game as a pro but i see him maturing and when he brought us to field goal range showed maturity.

Can someone explain why when we lose its Quincy's fault but when we win it has nothing to do with Quincy our qb? Ridiculous lol.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 05:33 PM   #17
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

yeah i saw that game. im glad they won. and that fakin that he didnt have the ball was pretty tight jk
Old 09-29-2002, 05:52 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Just211- a hater? Hardly. I was a Cowboy fan before you were in diapers.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:55 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

You guys will change the tune when Carter is out of the league in a couple years tops....he's just not a championship QB and he shows no potential to be one. You like him and that is fine, but I see nothing in him that shows promise. He is getting by on medioscre performances. Like I said before, he had an ok game. If the other positions were such that that was all we needed then fine, but it's not. We need a better QB than Crater to challenge for championships.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:57 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< Quincy cannot throw a decent pass over 10 yards. Period. He fumbles, he throws dumbass interceptions and he is often tiems confused. He was ok at best today...ok may be too much credit. The defense and Cundiff get credit for todays win. Crater does not.

>>

hes fumbled twice this season, both in the last game. hes thrown 3 interceptions thru 4 games, against 4 very good defenses. texans, titans, philly, and the rams. he's on pace to throw 12 interceptions this year. i would hardly say hes NEARLY as bad as you make him out to be. in addition for god's sake, his first pass was a really nice touch pass to antonio bryant for 20 or 30 yards.

the defense gave up nearly 300 yards of passing to a backup qb. they werent able to get any consistent pressure on martin, and would have lost the game if not for the fact that martz throws the ball on a 3rd and short instead of running it.

bottom line is, cundiff doesnt make that kick if not for 2 factors.

1. martz throwing the ball on 3rd down instead of running it
2. carter not driving the cowboys down the field to set up that kick.

if you want to say carter is a poor QB, then back it up with statistics instead of just railing away with the same crap all the time about him.

if i wanted crap out of someone, i'll just squeeze joe joe's head.
>>

I agree Aexchange with teh whole post. All you hear is that Quincy is a bad qb then someone brings up what ever other qb is doing in the league. Take inconsideration this guy is basically a rookie qb. After this season you can judge and say he sucks if he continues to play inconsistent but am I wrong or is it that every rookie in the NFL after 12 games isnt a superstar?

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 06:03 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< You guys will change the tune when Carter is out of the league in a couple years tops....he's just not a championship QB and he shows no potential to be one. You like him and that is fine, but I see nothing in him that shows promise. He is getting by on medioscre performances. Like I said before, he had an ok game. If the other positions were such that that was all we needed then fine, but it's not. We need a better QB than Crater to challenge for championships. >>

When ur offensive line sucks and ur best lineman is out and ur running game sucks im suprised Carter isnt playing worser than he is. I have no problem with Quincy not being a good qb if thats the answer. Im just givin him the benefit of the doubt because he has earned that much. I just dont undertand how u can judge a guy on 12 games wheter or not he is a championship qb thats what is teh funny part about this. Aikman showed no potentail after 12 games Mcnabb showed none the list goes on. After 12 games these guys are rookies and they play the hardest position in the league. No excuses for Quincy here but he is doin what qbs previously before him are doin.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 06:49 PM   #22
Just211
Platinum Member

Doc, I'm not saying your not a Cowboy fan, I'm saying your a Quincy hater. You have posted &quot;he sucks&quot; too many times to be anything else. You ignore is good play, and just say he sucks. I could understand this if he was not completing passes, or throwing a lot of picks, or panicing in the pocket. I see none of this. He's completing near 60%, and hasn't thrown more picks than TD's. Other than against Houston, he hasn't looked lost in the pocket. He shows great poise, especially considering not very many people have his back. But I bet you his teammates do, and thats all that matters.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Doc, I'm not saying your not a Cowboy fan, I'm saying your a Quincy hater. You have posted &quot;he sucks&quot; too many times to be anything else. You ignore is good play, and just say he sucks. I could understand this if he was not completing passes, or throwing a lot of picks, or panicing in the pocket. I see none of this. He's completing near 60%, and hasn't thrown more picks than TD's. Other than against Houston, he hasn't looked lost in the pocket. He shows great poise, especially considering not very many people have his back. But I bet you his teammates do, and thats all that matters. >>

Except Coslet. I think its clear as day that Coslet wants Hutchinson well atleast by Hardknocks. ANyone notice how all the compliments he gave Chad and not even 1 to Quincy? Im not sure whats up with that but another thing I noticed how relaxed he looked in the pocket towards the end of the game and the most crucial. I find it when Q is more releaxed he plays smarter moves and now I dont know if this was because of Rams defense or he is just starting to feel relaxed.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 07:10 PM   #24
Just211
Platinum Member

I think the coaching staff was just infatuated with Hutch. Carter is putting up good numbers, He just needs more TD's. If CArter keeps it up Hutch will never get in. Jones wants Carter to succeed. It would make him look good ,and the Cowboys wouldn't have to start over again.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:11 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh Oh.. Doc may be in trouble. Quincy's QB rating for today was 83.6....

That would have put him in at number 15 amoung QBs who have started 3 games.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:22 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Uh Oh.. Doc may be in trouble. Quincy's QB rating for today was 83.6....

That would have put him in at number 15 amoung QBs who have started 3 games.
>>

And if you throw out the interception on the RAMS 2 yard line (that looked like galloway could have defended ) he comes out with a 95.1 rating, good enough for 8th best of players with 3 games. Yikes!!! A star in the making!!

Brings up another stat however, the ratings should take into account 1st downs or running yards as it is another dimension clubs are looking for now.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-29-2002, 07:37 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

But you can't take away his interception dude. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quincy hater is too harsh Just211. I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is the QB of the future. He is what we are stuck with because of a dumbass move by Jerry Jones. I really hope he astounds me since that would mean my Boys would be winning football games. Dallas should be 3-1 right now, but 2-2 is better than I thought (I thought 1-3 at this point before the year began). Quincy just doesn't show me diddly squat.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:38 PM   #28
Just211
Platinum Member

How do they figure out qb rating anyway?
Old 09-29-2002, 07:44 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< But you can't take away his interception dude. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quincy hater is too harsh Just211. I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is the QB of the future. He is what we are stuck with because of a dumbass move by Jerry Jones. I really hope he astounds me since that would mean my Boys would be winning football games. Dallas should be 3-1 right now, but 2-2 is better than I thought (I thought 1-3 at this point before the year began). Quincy just doesn't show me diddly squat.
>>

When just2121 calls you a hater im thinkin Just is talkin about the other hating and not the hating a player. He is meanin hatin which means when u just hate ON the guy rather than hate him as a person. For instance u say he sucks and say he fumbles and makes dumb interceptions but u dont point out his good things and u give Cundiff the win for the game while Quincy put him in field goal range. Thats called hatin. Or as we call it hateration.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 08:38 PM   #30
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You know Drbio, you can deny being a Quincy hater as much as you want, but you haven't ever given him cred even when he deserves a little cred (like today). You criticize him for making mistakes, when in reality he has avoided the big mistake so far this season. Kurt Warner has over 2x the interceptions Quincy has this season, and I don't really here you get on his case for throwing dumbass interceptions. Granted, Quincy hasn't been all-world, but he hasn't been the total spare that you make him out to be. The jury's out right now on Quincy. I for one do hope he succeeds because he is a stand-up citizen and likeable guy, and also pretty fun to watch IMO.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Kurt Warner? On this board? If I lived in St. Louis and they were my team I would probably bash his start too. The fact is I am a longtime Cowboy fan not a longtime Rams fan. That is just dumb. Carter has yet to show me anything good. If you want I guess I can start making posts like, &quot;I'm glad Quincy only fumbled once today&quot; or &quot;Quincy is a stud at throwing the short dump pass that a ten year old could throw&quot; or maybe you prefer the more positive, &quot;Quincy got six reads correct today and only made 32 attempts&quot;. To call him a future star is retarded. To call him anything but a struggling QB is a waste of time. NFL defenses leave the long ball open all the time because Quincy can't hit the open guy past 15 yards. Until he can, he will be nothing more than a below average QB in this league. For those stats lovers..Quincy has only won the QB battle in one game and even then it wasn't by a lot (McNair). He's lost the stat battle to Carr, McNabb, and Jamie Freaking Martin. I guess I'll start hearing the &quot;stats lie&quot; argument from those that have been demanding stats now huh?
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Crater is a spare.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:58 PM   #33
Just211
Platinum Member

Carter didn't lose the battle against Martin. In case you didn't notice he got the W. Stats don't lie.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:02 PM   #34
Just211
Platinum Member

also Doc, losing the passing yards battle doesn't mattter. The fact that Carter completed 72% of his passes(actually a lot higher counting downing and drops) shows he is exucuting the plays that are called. When the running game picks up, so will the yards and TD's.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

The running game will not pick up when the Cowboys keep facing 8 man fronts. Carter cant throw the long ball to save his ass. Ergo, defenses put up 8 man fronts. There isn't a running back in teh league that runs against 8 man fronts all day and does well.

And Carter did lose the stat battle today. Just not the game.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:13 PM   #36
Just211
Platinum Member

Do you actually watch the games Doc. There aren't half as many 8 man fronts as you think. The majority of the time defenses are running a basic Cover 2. They'll blitz occasionally, but they didn't have 8 man fronts as much as you claim. Carter can throw the deep ball, but Cover 2 prevents the deep attack. Thats why most of the Cowboys deeper passes are from playaction. That is when they are drawing the safties up.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

There's a reason Quincy only threw short passes today. It's what the defense gave him. The St. Louis plays a cautious defense in which they play 2 safeties back to prevent the long ball. John Elway wouldn't have torched that defense with the long ball today. And when has anybody ever said anything about Quincy becoming a future star? He deserves some credit today for playing a good game. All I ask is that you give him credit where it is due.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-29-2002, 09:21 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

<< How do they figure out qb rating anyway? >>

Go to google, look up nfl quarterback rating and there are a couple of calculators for it. It's some combination of attempts, completions, yards, tds and int.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:23 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Didnt Carter through liek 4 deep balls and all were completed but 1 that was picked off? The most notecable one was teh one to Bryant in the first quarter. Carter hastn thrown any deep balls so we dont konw but I watched last season and even somtiems this season Carter can throw the deep balls but its hard to when u have a rookie reciever and a short Galloway who gets double and tripled team. Look at me im given Carter excuses but u guys give no one no choice. Carter had a good game for a rookie. He lost the battle to Martin whoopie but he won the battle between Mcnair and u all u do is give some excuse like &quot;it wasnt by alot&quot;. Regardless he won those stats so acknowledge Quincy for his wins just as u do his losses. You cant have 1 way without the other. This my friend is called a Hater. U hatin on Quincy for whatever reason I have no clue. By the way Martin didnt start this game Warner did so therefore he beat Warner.

1996-2005
Old 09-29-2002, 09:27 PM   #40
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The one aspect of Quincy's game that the Cowboys are high on is Quincy's ability to throw the deep ball. I remember Mickey Spagnola say a few times that he threw some excellent deep balls in training camp.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson