Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-14-2003, 12:21 AM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

McGahee, Johnson set to enter NFL draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Apparently injury won't keep Willis McGahee out of the NFL draft.

The sophomore running back, who tore is anterior cruciate ligament in Miami's national title game loss to Ohio State, is going to declare for the 2003 draft along with Hurricanes teammate Andre Johnson, the Miami Herald reported.

McGahee rushed for a school-record 1,686 yards and 27 touchdowns this season and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.

Johnson, a junior receiver, led the 'Canes in receiving yards last season with 1,092. He also caught 52 passes, nine of them for touchdowns.

The deadline for underclassment to declare for the 2003 draft is Wednesday.

The draft will take place in Manhattan, N.Y., on April 26-27.

#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

What round do you all think McGahee will be picked in and should the cowboys pick him in the second or third round?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:55 AM   #3
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Don't think he goes as high as the 2nd at all...but I think the Cowboys will take a chance if he lasts until say the 4th round.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:10 AM   #4
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

Hopefully we can trade down to the middle 1st and pick him up along with someone else, maybe Sims or a big OL.

BLG
Old 01-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a no Simms draft please.

I think Willis goes in the second round easy. Guys like that don't grow on trees. I'm sure teams will line up the doctors to evaluate him.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:19 AM   #6
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I really think Sims is going to be a decent to good QB in the NFL. He was totally mishandled in college and I am a UT fan. He's a taller, left handed pocket passer and Wade Wilson could do wonders for this guy. If he's there late 2nd or after, I pull the trigger. Remember Dwyane Goodrich?

BLG
Old 01-14-2003, 12:42 PM   #7
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

BLG, Wade wilson no longer coaches for the Boys. Parcells drafting Simms would be the worst possible thing for the kid. He's already had to deal with the #1 overall college prospect, now having to live up to his dad's standards set under Parcells?? No thanks...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Simms might turn out to be good, maybe even really good, but I think his track record at UT is proof enough that he would wilt trying to be Parcells' boy.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:26 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< This is a no Simms draft please.

I think Willis goes in the second round easy. Guys like that don't grow on trees. I'm sure teams will line up the doctors to evaluate him.
>>

Preach on.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:59 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i say if mcgahee is there in the third grab him, but if the Boys stay at 5, I'd like to see them take the DE Suggs. the CB is alright, but IMO Suggs would solidify the rush and make the CB's look better. IMO Ross, Hunter, and edwards would be good fits if they had the support of a pass rush. But if Suggs is gone, Newman would be a great grab at CB.

or in other words i think Dallas will do good to take either Suggs or Newman at 5. But which one?