Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2006 World Series?
Yankees 10 32.26%
Twins 4 12.90%
Tigers 4 12.90%
A's 4 12.90%
Mets 2 6.45%
Padres 0 0%
Dodgers 1 3.23%
Cardinals 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #121
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Floyd I give ALOT more slack too because he was playing on one ankle and because quite frankly, hes not as good as beltran to begin with.
Right, and it was the better pitch. Beltran should be going for anything close on 0-2.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #122
TexasSportsFan4

TexasSportsFan4 is on a distinguished road

I'm going with the Tigers.
TexasSportsFan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #123
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

So the Tigers aren't invincible after all eh?

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #124
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I've always had a soft spot for Jim Edmonds & the Cards. Nice showing by Reyes tonight...3 to go...go Cards!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #125
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does it piss anyone else off that Rogers is throwing eight shutout innings in the World Series, and that Pudge is behind the plate?

It does me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #126
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all chum, i love both of them. Would have prefered it be with the rangers but since i know we are winning it all next year, I can be patient.

BTW-if your buck, do you hope the rangers win it all next year? And if they do, wouldnt buck become one of the Hottest managing commodities in baseball? I mean seriously who can guarantee you a title within 2 years?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #127
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda mad at Rogers for not being such a stud for us. Much like many of the haters here hate Nash for not winning his MP3's in a Mavs jersey.

Now, Pudge, I just wish the best for him.

Not sure what you are getting at with Buck. He was here four years.

Also, why are you so sure that we will win it all next year?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #128
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm kinda mad at Rogers for not being such a stud for us. Much like many of the haters here hate Nash for not winning his MP3's in a Mavs jersey.

Now, Pudge, I just wish the best for him.

Not sure what you are getting at with Buck. He was here four years.

Also, why are you so sure that we will win it all next year?
its a joke, the last 2 teams that have fired buck, won the World series the next year. Thats what i was hinting at with buck being hired too. If you hire him for a year and then fire him, you win the world series in 2 years. As for Rogers, he was great for us, maybe not this great but great none the less. Management screwed that situation up royally.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #129
chumdawg
Guru

I am so gloomy for the Rangers tonight, like Shaggy Dirk.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #130
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else catch this alert from Jamey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Newberg
I was flipping channels to try and catch some postgame press conferences, and landed on Kenny Rogers on ESPN News.

Jim Reeves of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram asked a question, and Kenny refused to answer it. Clearly had nothing to do with the question.

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News asked a question. Kenny answered it.

Kat O'Brien of the Star-Telegram asked a question. Kenny refused to answer it.

The questions Reeves and O'Brien posed were the only two he dodged of the dozen or so I caught. And his response to their two questions was the same curt reply: "Anyone else?"

That's really, really sad. Petty, childish, and sad.

I still really look forward to his next time to take the ball, and I'm happy for him, but man, those feelings I had 15 months ago are all coming back to me right now.
Aw. And I was all ready to let everything go & just be happy for him, & now, I can't. B/c he's like 5. God, Kenny, you just pitched great in the World Series! Isn't it time to let some things go?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #131
Five-ofan
Guru

I dont blame him.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #132
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I dont blame him.
Props. I don't blame him, either. I think I'm about sick and tired of this attitude that the media is above the fray in all cases. Many times they ARE the fray. The fact that he would answer the DMN but not answer the FWST does nothing but tell me that the FWST overstepped their bounds in dealing with him. Childish? Not at all. I respect him for upholding his end of the bargain. They need him, and in return they owe him a certain amount of professionalism and decorum. If they overstepped that, he owes them nothing.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #133
ames7
Diamond Member

One more out...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #134
ames7
Diamond Member

YES!! CARDS WIN!

edit: Freaking unbelievable. I like the Cards, even I didn't think this was a very good team.

Last edited by ames7; 10-27-2006 at 10:27 PM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #135
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like we have 5 winners.

And Kenny Rogers can suck it. He can suck a big fat hairy turd. What a jackass.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #136
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope I pick NFL games better than baseball games!!!

I gotta say, I gave St. Louis about as much of a chance of winning it all as I did the Rangers when the playoffs started.

Touche Cardinals... Touche!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 AM   #137
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Congrats to St. Louis, who woulda thunk it?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #138
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Doc, you called it with the Cards at the beginning. Good job.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #139
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I guess we're going to have to live without seeing if Kenny was going to come out with a giant brown spot on his hands again

Congrats to St. Louis and Eckstein is heck of a player.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #140
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
I guess we're going to have to live without seeing if Kenny was going to come out with a giant brown spot on his again.
The phrase "giant brown spot" made me giggle for some reason.

Congratulations to the Cardinals....and Doc and Dalm are the only ones I'm giving credit to for calling it. I think the other three people cheated.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #141
Five-ofan
Guru

"Oh yeah did i mention that Joel Zumaya could very well have the best stuff in the history of baseball and DOES have the best fastball in the history of baseball."

remember when i got killed for this? zumaya led baseball with 233 100 mph pitches. farnsworth finished second with 26.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #142
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I still say Satchel Paige has the fastest fastball in MLB history.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 03-26-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #143
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I still say Satchel Paige has the fastest fastball in MLB history.
and youre still wrong. thought it is funny that a teenager and a 21 year old are arguing about a guy we never saw pitch. I promise you he never threw a baseball 104 miles an hour though.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #144
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the freakin' dallas mavericks.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote