Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #121
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

4-1 wtf. I want vCash. U2, that last goal doesn't count just so you know.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Good season.

Tippet MAY have saved his job.

But they lost for the worst possible reason: They just didn't try hard enough when it counted.

And now the wife and I put the plastic over our jerseys and my hockey wenier goes to sleep until September.

I enourage all of you to continue watching the next round and root for the Sharks to beat the Red Wings. It's still pretty entertaining.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:17 AM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What in the hell? They didn't try hard enough? What are you talking about?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
What in the hell? They didn't try hard enough? What are you talking about?
In hockey, you get the benefit of the officials when your team collectively is playing hard than the other team is.

The string of penalties that the Stars took in the 2nd and 3rd periods (whether they were good calls or not) were a direct result of the Canucks raising their game when it counted.

Good article about the officiating here: http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...8-a7df0616520b
Old 04-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #125
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Okay, now that I've gone into avoiding all mass media mode & avoided thinking about it for the night... first of all, I have to disagree about them losing b/c they didn't try hard enough. They lost cause they just can't score. I thought it was appalling just how much of a hand officiating had to do with how such an important game went along, in the sense of the Canucks getting entire chunks of the game with just one PP after another, but the Stars did have their chances. Mo ringing it off the pipe, etc...it might not have been meant to be.

This is definitely the least devastated I've felt after they've been eliminated in several years. Why I disagree about the effort is all I saw all series was effort. We didn't lose the series b/c of lack of effort. And that's more important to me than just about anything else. This team showed a lot of heart & character where it mattered most, in the core of the team, where we are building our foundation. It's not a lost season b/c Marty finally answered the BIG QUESTION, Morrow answered the question about what kind of leader he is (and I hope anyone who still had lingering doubts about the decision to take the C from Modano to give it to Morrow understands why it had to happen now), the team didn't look like a completely different team than the one from the regular season. From the beginning of the series, I said this wasn't a good matchup for us. If it had been Nashville, I honestly think we would have killed them. I also thought from the beginning it would go to 7 games, but the reason I can accept losing in 7 is how they got to 7.

They aren't going to fire Tipp. You can't not fire him after the consecutive Colorado abortions, two series in which the team simply didn't show up for whatever reason, & then fire him after a honestly hard-fought series like this. He doesn't deserve it, first of all, secondly, there isn't enough reason to scrap everything & start over, third, who are you going to get who is better? I think this team has shown they will play for Tipp & Tipp has shown he get the most out of who he's got. I hope he gets the Adams consideration he deserves.

At the very least, for the first time in years, I feel like we made serious progress this year. Like this is something we can build off of. And at least I won't have to sit through an ulcer-ific Detroit series now. Really need the Mavs to start playing well again now...my heart can't handle too much more of this.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
This is definitely the least devastated I've felt after they've been eliminated in several years. Why I disagree about the effort is all I saw all series was effort. We didn't lose the series b/c of lack of effort.
I didn't say they lost the series bc of effort. They lost the 2nd and 3rd periods last night because of effort.

I too am not very devastated this morning. I'm quite proud of them. They had every bounce imaginable go the Canucks way for 3 of the first 4 games. And all the Jedi Luongo saves. All the bad luck in the world, and they pushed it to the third period last night, but the crowd and the zebras and the Sedins were too much.

Call it fate. Call it whatever. But you know when Mike rings one off the post and Nagy can't even hit the net, that it's just not going down.

I think Marty Turco just made a friend in me for life. I will allow him a much longer leash now, that's for sure. He is my absolute hero.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh an btw, guess where Tom Hicks was last night while his hockey team was in a game 7?

Arlington, watching the Rangers

Can he please sell my Stars to someone who gives a rats ass?

idiot.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #128
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

it was over when mo hit the crossbar. that's when i knew that it just wasn't gonna happen. that's when i put my head in my hands, stared at the floor, and muttered my familiar "f**k me". just like in march as ohio st pulled away from my tigers in the final 3 minutes. just like in june as i realized my mavs had blown a 2-0 lead.

i'm very proud of them. they showed that grit and determination that i knew they had. they just couldn't find the back of the net when they really needed it.

note: thanks to flaco for the new sig. didn't want to change why the stars were on the comeback trail. now i think a karma change is in order.

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 04-24-2007 at 12:22 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #129
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Someone shoot me. Just shoot me.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #130
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Morrow was on BaD radio today.

They talked about that cheap shot for a while, I can't remember all of it. But what I wanted to post was this:

They asked Morrow if he said anything to him in the handshake line, and Morrow says that he tried to apologize and he (Morrow) brushed him off and didn't let him finish.

Said he felt good about that and then said "We'll see. If he makes the team next season, we'll see what happens when we see them".

I about fell over laughing. So great.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-25-2007 at 01:40 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #131
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

They talked about that cheap shot for a while, I can't remember all of it. But what I wanted to post was this:

They asked Morrow if he said anything to him in the handshake line, and Morrow says that he tried to apologize and he (Morrow) brushed him off and didn't let him finish.

Said he felt good about that and then said "We'll see. If he makes the team next season, we'll see what happens when we see them".

I'd follow that guy anywhere.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #132
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

love that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #133
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The other thing he said that was awesome was, the reason he went after Burrows on the bench is he thought he was hurt a lot worse than he was. He got hit in the nerve, but when it went numb, he thought something like really bad had happened, & he said he was thinking "if I'm not playing Game 7, I'm taking this guy down with me." Basically he said he can't actually remember all of what happened, like he thought maybe he said something to him but he doesn't remember what, but he basically went over there to end him & came to his senses at the last minute. Bob compared him to Braveheart.

"If he makes the team"... HA!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You know ames, I was so scared for game 7 when he did that because that immediately entered my mind. I told my wife while he was diong it "If he's over there trying to get himself suspended, he must know he's hurt bad enough to be out game 7"

thank goodness he played!!