Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #161
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone reading this "Girl with the dragon tattoo" series I've heard so much about?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #162
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Is anyone reading this "Girl with the dragon tattoo" series I've heard so much about?
Never heard of it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #163
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just finished reading the first book in a couple of days. It is ok.. a detective / mystery / thriller type thing. It is a little darker than most books I have read. Apparently the author witnessed a rape of a girl when he was younger and didn't do anything to stop it. Now all of his books have that theme about abused women etc. The female that rises above the odds. The original name of the book in Swedish is "Men who hate women." It probably wouldn't have sold as well in America with that title.

The first book could be stand alone.

I heard the second and third ones are not. and well the author unexpectedly died of a heart attack.. so the series is incomplete.

I had several people recommend me the series, so I will probably stick with it. They say the sequels are better than the first.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-20-2010 at 11:45 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #164
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if anyone reads manga here but... One Piece is awesome.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #165
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Read The Hunger Games first book this week.

I found it to be a fairly terribly written, contrived, overly simplistic book....

That I couldn't put down.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #166
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be interested to see what you think of the other two in the series. I found the first book pretty interesting but it's all down hill from there imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #167
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'll be interested to see what you think of the other two in the series. I found the first book pretty interesting but it's all down hill from there imo.
Yeah, I'm surprised u2 liked the 3rd one so much. I enjoyed the 1st one way more than the others.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yeah. It got a lot worse. The third one in particular just felt... all wrong. I understand the overall arch she was going for but she didn't get there the right way.

I enjoyed the movie, FWIW.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I need a new series to read, if anyone's got any recommendations.

Now that the hockey season is over and I'm down to just one job, I have time to read again.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #170
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Yeah, I bought the first HG book to read on a plane flight yesterday and couldn't put it down. Present tense? How Gospel of Mark-y.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #171
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

thomas decker.. not bad. not sure the name of his series, but it's like Red, One, Black, and Green.. I think that's the name of the books.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #172
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I need a new series to read, if anyone's got any recommendations.

Now that the hockey season is over and I'm down to just one job, I have time to read again.
What types of books are you interested in?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #173
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post

readings for March/April..

Finishing up Paladin of Souls (Hugo/Nebula winner for 2004)
Hope to start on The Fountainhead soon and then probably will read Atlas Shrugged.

Every two months I try to read
one fantasy/scifi book
one classic
one contemporary
sometimes i will throw in a non-fiction book.

Where do yall purchase your books? I love Half-price books..can get great deals for like-new books sometimes..and Borders (they always have 20-40% coupons).

I used to purchase books online but I hate paying for shipping...and libraries usually never have what I want to read.
I'm excited about the Rober Jordan/Brandon Sanderson WoT finale. Awesome series. Sanderson has done a tremendous job taking over after the death of Jordan.

Also, I've started A Song of Fire and Ice. It's enjoyable, but it flips back and forth between different characters so much that I can't really get into any type of rhythm.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #174
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about 2/3's through The Stand for the first time. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #175
Murphy3
Guru

I think I've read it.. not sure. I used to read alot of King... After awhile, they started to all sound a bit familiar kinda like the Chinese food at Taste of Asia on Beach and Basswood. The orange chicken and the sesame chicken kinda taste alike. Stephen King books kinda seemed a bit too familiar I suppose. Perhaps it has to do with reading one after the other in rapid succession.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #176
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Currently there is " In God´s name ", written by David Yallop, on my desk. It´s about Pope John Paul I.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #177
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I still read a lot of young fiction even though I'm not really young anymore. The next big tween craze will be the mortal instruments series. Any of you who enjoy young fantasy series should check out the seven realms series by Cindy Williams chyma
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #178
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

World War Z. Thinking of starting WoT.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #179
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I liked world war z
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #180
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I liked world war z
Me, too. The most believable zombie apocalypse narrative I've come across. And pretty entertaining.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #181
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm about 2/3's through The Stand for the first time. Thoroughly enjoying it.
That was one of the first Stephen King books I read back in my mid-teens. I loved that book. It was a bit of a tome then at over 800 pages. I'm going to grab the expanded in the next few weeks which makes the original look like a pamphlet.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #182
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
WoT is amazing... It slows a bit in books 9-10 or so..but it's amazing.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #183
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
WoT is amazing... It slows a bit in books 9-10 or so..but it's amazing.
It's highly overrated. The first few are good but it the last 6 or 7 books are just pointless. Jordan just didn't know how to end it.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #184
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
That was one of the first Stephen King books I read back in my mid-teens. I loved that book. It was a bit of a tome then at over 800 pages. I'm going to grab the expanded in the next few weeks which makes the original look like a pamphlet.
Yeah, I'm reading the expanded. I'm curious to research what the differences are once I'm finished.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #185
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Who knew we had so many nerds on this board?

Well, actually...I knew.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #186
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Who knew we had so many nerds on this board?

Well, actually...I knew.
Touche'
Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #187
ribosoma
Golden Member

I recently got this back from a friend:

It is one of the strangest (if not THE strangest) book(s) I've ever read. I will be re-reading it soon.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #188
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I recently got this back from a friend:

It is one of the strangest (if not THE strangest) book(s) I've ever read. I will be re-reading it soon.
Ever read Finnegans Wake?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #189
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Ever read Finnegans Wake?
Unfortunately, I haven't and I have no reasonable excuse as to why. Joyce was a man far ahead of his time who caught a great deal of flak from his contemporaries as he matured as an artist. I have always admired him. I've read Ulysses and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and I occasionally remind myself to read Finnegans Wake, but I always get sidetracked by another book in my library and forget. Thanks to you, that won't happen again. Finnegans Wake it is. I'll let you know what I think about it when I begin. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #190
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Unfortunately, I haven't and I have no reasonable excuse as to why. Joyce was a man far ahead of his time who caught a great deal of flak from his contemporaries as he matured as an artist. I have always admired him. I've read Ulysses and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and I occasionally remind myself to read Finnegans Wake, but I always get sidetracked by another book in my library and forget. Thanks to you, that won't happen again. Finnegans Wake it is. I'll let you know what I think about it when I begin. Thanks for the recommendation.
I, too, have read Portrait. But from what I understand, there's no one who has actually read FW. I gave it a bit of try once...but I found it absolutely beyond my abilities.

Sometimes you have to know which battles to fight! I'll have to give House of Leaves some consideration. I recently saw another recommendation of it, and now yours. It may not be my cup o' tea, though. The strangest books I remember liking are The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro--which I liked a hell of a lot--and Wittgenstein's Mistress and Reader's Block by David Markson. I suspect those rate not even mild in comparison to your oddity.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #191
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
I, too, have read Portrait. But from what I understand, there's no one who has actually read FW. I gave it a bit of try once...but I found it absolutely beyond my abilities.

Sometimes you have to know which battles to fight! I'll have to give House of Leaves some consideration. I recently saw another recommendation of it, and now yours. It may not be my cup o' tea, though. The strangest books I remember liking are The Unconsoled by Kazuo Ishiguro--which I liked a hell of a lot--and Wittgenstein's Mistress and Reader's Block by David Markson. I suspect those rate not even mild in comparison to your oddity.
I usually have to pick my spots for post-modernist works, just like I do with post-modernist philosophy. I remember trying to go back to Kant and Schopenhauer after studying Jacques Derrida... let's just say that didn't go well.

Reader's Block is yet another in the growing list of must-reads that are bouncing around in my brain. It seems to be right up my alley.

Leaves definitely takes you places. From the actual way the book is laid out, to the imagery conveyed through the story, an architecture is created that strikes me as being fractal in nature. You are taken from states of claustrophobia to agoraphobia like a yo-yo, and then the string disappears and you are left wondering what the hell just happened. It was marketed as a horror story, but it really isn't. I hope that the very general descriptions I have given aren't spoilers for anyone considering taking it on. I don't think they are. I would imagine that it will probably have a very personalized feel for anyone who reads it.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #192
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I usually have to pick my spots for post-modernist works, just like I do with post-modernist philosophy. I remember trying to go back to Kant and Schopenhauer after studying Jacques Derrida... let's just say that didn't go well.

Reader's Block is yet another in the growing list of must-reads that are bouncing around in my brain. It seems to be right up my alley.

Leaves definitely takes you places. From the actual way the book is laid out, to the imagery conveyed through the story, an architecture is created that strikes me as being fractal in nature. You are taken from states of claustrophobia to agoraphobia like a yo-yo, and then the string disappears and you are left wondering what the hell just happened. It was marketed as a horror story, but it really isn't. I hope that the very general descriptions I have given aren't spoilers for anyone considering taking it on. I don't think they are. I would imagine that it will probably have a very personalized feel for anyone who reads it.
The way you describe Leaves sounds like a hell of a mind blow, in a very good way. I'm interested.

Where does a reader like you fall on the likes of Cormac McCarthy? Good stuff, or formulaic?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #193
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
The way you describe Leaves sounds like a hell of a mind blow, in a very good way. I'm interested.

Where does a reader like you fall on the likes of Cormac McCarthy? Good stuff, or formulaic?
To be honest, I have only lightly sprinkled fiction into my reading. I'm only familiar with the film adaptations of his work, although I have been told that Blood Meridian is about as real and raw as it gets. I am told that he paints very bleak narratives in a compelling way.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #194
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
To be honest, I have only lightly sprinkled fiction into my reading. I'm only familiar with the film adaptations of his work, although I have been told that Blood Meridian is about as real and raw as it gets. I am told that he paints very bleak narratives in a compelling way.
Well, hell, I thought Leaves was fiction. Shows what I know.

Regardless, I need to do a reset on my reading. Time to wrap up loose ends and explore new ground.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #195
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Well, hell, I thought Leaves was fiction. Shows what I know.

Regardless, I need to do a reset on my reading. Time to wrap up loose ends and explore new ground.
Oh, it is. But I've only started pouring through fiction regularly over the past several years. Before, I would usually read about 3 or 4 non-fiction titles to one fiction title, so my exposure was a bit lower. My father was a fiction-reading juggernaut. He could often finish an average paperback in three or four days. He read every genre, good, bad, or otherwise. I envied him. I'm a bit more deliberate with my reading style.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #196
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
It's highly overrated. The first few are good but it the last 6 or 7 books are just pointless. Jordan just didn't know how to end it.
Robert Jordan knew how to end it..he was a bit too in love with the world that he had created though... Sanderson has taken over since Jordan's death and has done an absolutely tremendous job.

The series is definitely worth the time investment..
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if there are any history people around here, but I just started Jeff Shaara's new book about the battle of Shiloh called A Blaze of Glory. Very good so far.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #198
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about so just stop now, but your dialogue with chum reminds me of this...

Virginia: "He then rubbed my nubile body with fruit linaments and noxema. Then he artfully covered my back with melted butter and cloves. [Roger begins licking her fingers]. And until the flies and ants came, methinks it was the finest love-making that the world have ever known.

Roger (cont'd): Hands groping, fingers fluttering, thighs twitching in the anticipation of love-making that will take place in this ha-tub in less than 12 minutes. "

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 07-23-2012 at 01:52 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #199
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Formulaic?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #200
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Formulaic?
It's what you give a new born if you decide not to little them suckle on your teet.

Tags
harry pottheads