Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your workout?

I frequently make adjustments to what I do.. Sometimes I get on running kicks.. sometimes I like to try something new. What's your workout?

Right now, I currently do a combination of:

Trampoline - 30 minutes on Sundays usually - focus on cross country skiing motion
Running - treadmill primarily; usually a little less than 3 miles and often involving sprints mixed in with the distance
Exercise Bike - Will sometimes end a workout with 10 minute on the bike while doing curls. It helps to get the hear rate up a bit
Eliptical
Weights - macine, free weights, dumb bells
Medicine Ball - usually 6-7 different medicine ball exercises after lifting and prior to cardio
Push ups and crunches - push ups at various angles

Variety is the spice of life I suppose.

One thing that I'm going to try this weekend is working out with a sledge hammer. It is exactly what it sounds like. Use the sledge hammer to hammer away on a tire for 10-15 minutes. Switch arms so you can get an even workout. I'm going to try that this coming weekend.. I've never done it, but it sounds like a great workout. I figure it's something I can do quickly after doing some push ups and crunches.. great way to top off the day. And yeah, try not to use a tire that's attached to a rim that's attached to a car/truck/suv.

My question is this.. what do you do? I'm looking for something different to add just so I don't burn myself out doing the same things too often.

My Monday through Thursday workout is kinda set simply because of the time of day. I'll start working out at about 6:00
Weights (Monday and Wedneday)
Medicine Ball
Push Ups
Crunches
Eliptical - 25 minutes
Treadmill - 25 minutes
Exercise bike - (don't always do this - 10-15 minutes)

Friday, I'll do some push ups and crunches... and medicine ball exercises

Saturday,
Weights
Medicine Ball
Eliptical
Run (indoor track)
Walk while doing different medicine ball exercises.. Makes a few people around me nervous when they're passing me while I'm throwing a medicine ball into the air. But it's one heck of a shoulder workout.

Sunday,
Push ups
crunches
Medicine ball
trampoline

I suppose I'll be incorporating the sledgehammer 4 times a week or so. If I like it, it might be something I do even more of. I think it'll help to give me a full body workout.. and help me with some areas that are probably lacking a bit. Will definitely help to get my core in shape.

Now, I haven't been at this all that long. In the past, I had done a variety of things from time to time, but my primary focus had been on running. I'm toning that down a bit because of feet/calf issues. I find that I can run without issue after being on the eliptical. No amount of stretching does me much good.. but the elitpical has done wonders for getting my feet/calves warmed up for running. However, I'm steering away from pushing it with distances longer than 3 miles.

So, any other good exercises/non traditional workout ideas from anyone?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spamalicious