Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-24-2001, 04:34 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's a sad life when you get excited to start one of these threads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I look for this to be a tough game for the Mavs. It's their first test against a West team and will be interesting to see how they stand up to it. Good that we play at home too.

I'll stand by a Mavs win when all is said and done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 05:16 PM   #2
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

Dallas will win a buzer beater

Dallas 91
Suns 90
Old 11-24-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The Suns have been playing rather uninspired ball as of late (much like the Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) but Marbury and Marion always seem to burn the Mavs. If Dirk puts up numbers like he did the other night, then we have a great shot at putting this in the win column. Fin needs to pick up his game though. I don't think the team can win consistently with him shooting so poorly.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 05:42 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree with the Chef. This'll be a close nailbiter.

Suns 94
Mavs 97

Need to keep the Matrix in check though.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 06:27 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Fin's not shooting all that poorly. 45% for the season and 42% last night- not great, but it's not like he's really slumping.

And cripes, "the Matrix" is a stupid nickname.
Old 11-24-2001, 06:33 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

"I know kung-fu." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 07:50 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Oh c'mon..no one thinks my Keanu Reeves reference is funny?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 07:55 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nope sorry, you lost me on that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2001, 09:07 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Great game so far. I hope Bradley's not hurt (honestly).
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 09:09 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley's hurt? What happened?

Good to see Fin shooting the ball well, too bad about those 2 to at the end of the first. Dirk started off poorly, but picked it up quick. Nash playing well and great to see Howard crashing the boards too.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:12 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Damn Marbury [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He hit 2 3 pointers back to back. 31-28. Missed shots by Dirk and Fin and now Griffin and the Suns are right back in it.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

35-33 now...Howard is doing a great job on the boards, but he needs to stop shooting.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:28 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

This is actually a good game. The Mavs are really seem to be playing well. I don't think anyone has a glitch in their game right now except for Howard's shooting. But, he's grabbing the boards so you gotta give him credit for that.

Good to see the Mavs playing the Suns well so far.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:33 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley got his knee bent funny when he fell in the 1st. He went to the locker room to have it checked. Thank goodness he was OK!
Old 11-24-2001, 09:34 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

I think Juwan is trying too hard on the offensive end. He's trying to prove he is OK with coming off the bench. He is a rebounding fool tonight though.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:35 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Me like what I've seen so far. Playing pretty well all around. Up 12 at half. Lets keep it going.

MavsFan, Bradley's not hurt bad. He's returned since, and been effective too.

Old 11-24-2001, 09:36 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Good half for the Mavs. Fin, Dirk and Nash are taking care of business offensively. Howard has 9 rebounds already. Nash is dishing out the ball. No one is in foul trouble.

Bradley and Griffin have been a boost as well.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:37 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Mavs are shooting lights out right now..hopefully they can keep it up and put this game away. Griff's playing HUGE again..as much as I hate to stay it, Buck who?
Old 11-24-2001, 09:38 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Griffin, man I knew I'd love this guy. He's like Erick Strickland, always around the ball.

Old 11-24-2001, 09:38 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

I love watching high-energy teams. Tonight's game is the way basketball was meant to be played. No lead is safe, the passes are crisp, and you can get whiplash watching. Truly enjoyable basketball.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:39 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

ditto MFFL. I love it!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2001, 09:40 PM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Doesn't hurt that were winning though either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 11-24-2001, 09:42 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

Well yeah, winning makes it more fun. Watching it live would be the most fun. Then I wouldn't have to watch the awful Najera commercial.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:45 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LOL, True.

Old 11-24-2001, 09:46 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

You don't think he looks impressive dunking the ball in the commercial?? heheheh
Old 11-24-2001, 10:18 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

Damn refs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

They're ruining a great game.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:20 PM   #27
MFFL
Guru

I saw a couple of things that were amazing in the 3rd.

Bradley had a shot blocked by Marion. And I thought Harvey could jump!

Dirk shot 2 straight air-balls. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 10:20 PM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Mavs must play a strong 4th and seal this game now. That 3rd was kinda a bummer after that great 1st half.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:26 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

It was the damn refs! They took the pace out of the game and encouraged Phoenix to go inside by calling fouls on the Mavs EVERY time. 10 straight free throws for the Suns.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:31 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

How's Fin look? He started off with a hot hand but has missed some shots now. Bad shots? Rushing it or what?

And are the Suns pressuring him at all? They know he'll turn the ball over if they put enough pressure on him. They did it last year.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:33 PM   #31
MFFL
Guru

Marion's on Fin. Marion is just too quick for Fin to get open on a regular basis. But Dirk's taking over the game. Dirk is upstoppable right now.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:45 PM   #32
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

One of Dirk´s strenghts is one of Fin´s weaknesses.
When Dirk is having a subpar shooting night he can get to the line. Fin can´t.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 10:46 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

WHAT A MOVE BY FINLEY! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!

Then an gutsy rebound by Dirk with the foul. This game is over!
Old 11-24-2001, 10:56 PM   #34
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Yep we take it.
Good game once again.
But the true test will be the Kings.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:00 PM   #35
MFFL
Guru

What the hell was wrong with Skiles? Why the fouling in the last 2 minutes? The frigging game was OVER - let it end.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:10 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MFFL, I didn't get to see the move by Fin, but I've heard about it by other posters on other boards. That impressive huh? Oh, I hope Sportscenter shows it but I doubt it.

Dirk- 32pts, 9rbs, 2stls, 2blks

Fin- 20pts, 7rbs, 2as, block, 3to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Nash- 29pts, 9as, 3stl, 4to

Howard- 10pts, 13rbs, block

Griffin- 7pts, 5rbs, 2as

Bradley- 12pts, 3rbs, 2blks

Buckner- 5pts, 3rbs

Manning- 4pts, 3rbs

Anyone else glad that Hardaway didn't play much tonight?

Yeah, what was with all the fouling at the end when the game was wrapped up? Good for the Mavs that hit the free throws.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:16 PM   #37
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road

MFF to FinLEY.... "I Love you, I love you!! You are my basketball KING"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 11:22 PM   #38
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah MFF,
I´m also glad Hardaway didn´t see pt. Mavinator really needs to change his sig.
As long as he doesn´t shoot the ball though I think he can be a solid backup for Nash.
But I definitly don´t want to see any more of that Hardaway/ Nash lineup BS (it seems like Nellie realised pretty quick that won´t work cause Hardaway just isn´t good enough any more to log heavy minutes).
Old 11-24-2001, 11:44 PM   #39
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Another great win. We beat the dirty Suns, greedy Stephon Marbury, and bastardly Scott Skiles all at once. What a perfect night.

I'm not ready to give up on Timmy yet. But I'm close...
Old 11-24-2001, 11:45 PM   #40
Mavinator
Golden Member

Eh? Has my sig changed itself?