Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Josh to Milwaukee

Dallas Trades:
Josh Howard
Jason Terry

Dallas Receives:
Michael Redd
Charlie Bell/Desmond Mason

Do you guys like it in principle? I was debating between Bell and Desmond Mason (whose game I LOVE) but decided it might be better to get a guy (Bell) that is capable of playing three positions in addition to having a sweet (if not streaky) stroke from downtown. Of course, the big coup in this trade is Redd, who would turn into a lights-out two guard for us. There might have to be picks/cash thrown in, but I'd be all over this trade if Milwaukee was down. I think they definitely could be, provided that they're willing to take on Jet's contract.

Last edited by spreedom; 03-28-2008 at 10:24 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

u people getting crazy now!!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

...crazy like a fox!

I love this deal - we need to get an assload drugs to the Milwaukee front office and git 'er done!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

no i hate the trade.....

comon josh has really started to play good his out of his slump.

last 2 games hes scored 30 in place of dirk
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Dallas Trades:
Josh Howard
Jason Terry

Dallas Receives:
Michael Redd
Charlie Bell/Desmond Mason

Do you guys like it in principle? I was debating between Bell and Desmond Mason (whose game I LOVE) but decided it might be better to get a guy (Bell) that is capable of playing three positions in addition to having a sweet (if not streaky) stroke from downtown. Of course, the big coup in this trade is Redd, who would turn into a lights-out two guard for us. There might have to be picks/cash thrown in, but I'd be all over this trade if Milwaukee was down. I think they definitely could be, provided that they're willing to take on Jet's contract.

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

Yawn... seriously, do you have a legit reason as to why you don't like this deal?
Old 03-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I have a reason for not liking it. It doesn't help the Mavs become dominant.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

It gets them a lot closer than they currently are... not to mention it shed's Terry's enormous contract. If we can find a coach that is willing to let us run, this is easily a 60 win team next year with all of these principle pieces.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yawn... seriously, do you have a legit reason as to why you don't like this deal?

nah, i'm just looking for an excuse to post that funny clip. Sorry for quoting you. See ya!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
yes, I have a reason for not liking it. It doesn't help the Mavs become dominant.
Did you like the Kidd trade?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

How about we finish the season before we start breaking this team apart..
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I would love this trade but I'm greedy and I wonder if somehow we could still get Andrew Bogut?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Bucks aren't dumb enough to make that trade. I can see the Bucks being interested in Josh but more along the lines of Bell/Mason. Redd is a star in this league and the Bucks best player. Why would they give him up including Mason for two role players?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Did you like the Kidd trade?
Not particularly, but I don't think it was bad, just not one that puts them over the top.

Kidds skillset is different than Harris. It will take time to adjust.

The problem is that neither player gets them consistent points in the paint. Redd or Mason doesn't either. Neither is a Kobe, nor a Lebron, or a Wade. None of them are a Shaq or Amare or Duncan.

You might get the slightly better players, but they don't improve greatly the team, IMO.. It would just be a lateral move.

IMO

Terry is a poor mans Redd (as far as shooter goes)
Mason is a poor mans JHo

Overall just a wash.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
spreedom
Diamond Member

The Bucks are looking to blow the team up -- and only Yi and Bogut are safe, according to local press (I live in Madison, WI). I think Redd can be had.

From the Bucks' standpoint, Josh is a more versatile all-around player than Redd, and has a more reasonable contract. Terry is expensive, but a strong veteran presence in a locker room that is in disarray. I can see them buying into this deal.

From our standpoint, Josh is clearly not giving the night-in and night-out effort defensively that he used to, and really dribbles way too much and takes too many contested shots. His rebounding would be missed but getting a true defender in Mason would help ease that burden. Redd is also probably the best pure shooter in the league today. Even if that's all he brings, that would mean a lot more to us than Josh would. The guy is nearly automatic from three. Mason will never be a strong three point shooter, but he's tireless in taking it to the rim and can contain just about any swingman in the league. With all of the great scorers in the upper echelon of the league right now, that's incredibly valuable. And if he doesn't work out for some reason, his contract is up at the end of the '09 season.

This trade makes tons of sense from our standpoint, and with the Bucks rebuilding, they just might pull the trigger on a deal that ships out their biggest contract. Redd isn't ever going to be able to carry a team on his own. What he can be for us is an outstanding second option that is ready to catch and shoot a high percentage at a moment's notice. I'd do this deal 10 times out of 10, any day of the week, insert cliche here, etc..
Old 03-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Josh is more versatile than Redd? In what sense? Redd is a better defender, superior shooter, passer I mean I wouldn't call Redd a all around player but he does everything Josh does well but better. If the Bucks are rebuilding why on earth would they take on JET and Josh's contracts?

Quote:
This trade makes tons of sense from our standpoint, and with the Bucks rebuilding, they just might pull the trigger on a deal that ships out their biggest contract. Redd isn't ever going to be able to carry a team on his own. What he can be for us is an outstanding second option that is ready to catch and shoot a high percentage at a moment's notice. I'd do this deal 10 times out of 10, any day of the week, insert cliche here, etc..
But Josh and/or JET can carry that Bucks team lol? Redd reminds me a lot of Finley in his 20's. He may not be able to carry that etam on his own but that's why you draft big men like Bogut and Yi. Mo Williams is also a beast. Bucks have great personnel on their team. And their a young team. Personally, i'd take my lottery pick use my mid-level and sign a veteran and go to war with the team I currently have. The Blazers are the only team in the league that have a brighter future than the Bucks and that's debatable. If i'm going to rebuild though i'm definately not taking on one dimensional players like Josh Howard and JET who have huge contracts.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Bucks are looking to blow the team up -- and only Yi and Bogut are safe, according to local press (I live in Madison, WI). I think Redd can be had.

From the Bucks' standpoint, Josh is a more versatile all-around player than Redd, and has a more reasonable contract. Terry is expensive, but a strong veteran presence in a locker room that is in disarray. I can see them buying into this deal.

From our standpoint, Josh is clearly not giving the night-in and night-out effort defensively that he used to, and really dribbles way too much and takes too many contested shots. His rebounding would be missed but getting a true defender in Mason would help ease that burden. Redd is also probably the best pure shooter in the league today. Even if that's all he brings, that would mean a lot more to us than Josh would. The guy is nearly automatic from three. Mason will never be a strong three point shooter, but he's tireless in taking it to the rim and can contain just about any swingman in the league. With all of the great scorers in the upper echelon of the league right now, that's incredibly valuable. And if he doesn't work out for some reason, his contract is up at the end of the '09 season.

This is a very good idea imo, hopefully we can get some luck with this trade
Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

It's funny how a forum poster on here can propose a trade, then people assume like it is a thought at all in the minds of the people that could actually do something about it.

Id be for this trade as well... but unless we all start writing into the Mavs front office and get them in on this conversation with us, I doubt any of them are thinking along the same lines.... I wish Cuban was apart of this board, that would be awesome, heh.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'd absolutely do this trade. We all saw how well Redd played with Kidd in the Olympics last summer. Having someone like Redd on the team would open up the middle for more slashing and give Dirk another guy who can take over a game on the offensive end.

I could see Milwuakee buying into this one but I think it would take our 14th pick in the draft to seal the deal. (if we fall in the lottery.)

Something else we might also consider is a trade for Shawn Marion using that 14th pick and/or Howard plus filler.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Also, another player we might want to consider and someone I'll have my eye on for the remainder of the season is Jermaine O'Neal. He's going to be playing tonight for the first time since his surgery (he'll be coming off the bench, though.)

This deal could possible work this off-season:

Indiana Gets:
Terry
Stackhouse
contract of Eddie Jones or a resigned Deavean George
14th pick

Dallas gets:
Jermaine O'Neal

Our potential lineup:

J'Oneal / Damp
Dirk / Bass
Howard / ?
(FA)? or Wright
Kidd / (Lue/FA)

O'Neal would be a risk but he would give us that tough inside presence who can defend and score. Indiana is looking to rebuild and will be showcasing him until the end of the season in hopes they can trade him this off-season. All that's left would be luring Maggette from the Clips this off-season with the full MLE and we would have a complete team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #21
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

anyone and michael redd is cool with me.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Also, another player we might want to consider and someone I'll have my eye on for the remainder of the season is Jermaine O'Neal. He's going to be playing tonight for the first time since his surgery (he'll be coming off the bench, though.)

This deal could possible work this off-season:

Indiana Gets:
Terry
Stackhouse
contract of Eddie Jones or a resigned Deavean George
14th pick

Dallas gets:
Jermaine O'Neal

Our potential lineup:

J'Oneal / Damp
Dirk / Bass
Howard / ?
(FA)? or Wright
Kidd / (Lue/FA)

O'Neal would be a risk but he would give us that tough inside presence who can defend and score. Indiana is looking to rebuild and will be showcasing him until the end of the season in hopes they can trade him this off-season. All that's left would be luring Maggette from the Clips this off-season with the full MLE and we would have a complete team.
Would it take that much to get O'Neal in here? The deal could get done without our draft pick I think. Probably have to give up some of our youngers like Bass though. I like the trade though. Are we allowed to trade our #14 pick since next years pick is guaranteed to go to the Nets?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

We would just have to draft and then trade their rights, I believe. Could be wrong, though.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #24
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I like the idea of Redd coming here.. I love the idea of Marion coming here... Im 50-50 on the idea of Jermaine Oneal coming here for much cost. .. You know Chriss Webber use to be awesome too, same with Jamal Magloire for at least a year. In the back of my mind I put Oneal in that bracket in the not so distant future.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #25
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

That's true. Trading for Jermaine would be a pretty big risk but it might be worth it. It comes down to whether we think Kidd and Dirk need another wing player or another big man to compliment them.

Right now an argument could be made for both but it sure would be nice to see Kidd lobbing passes into O'Neal as opposed to Damp. Damp has been great with Kidd but having O'Neal sure would deepen our front court while allowing us to stay big when Dirk leaves the game.

I think the shooting guard issue could be resolved via FA, but we'll have to wait and see who is available and for how much.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
spreedom
Diamond Member

Honestly, I wouldn't trade an expiring contract for O'Neal's enormous contract right now. He definitely has his strengths (shotblocking, rebounding) but he's also incredibly injury prone -- especially recently, inefficient offensively (very overrated post game), and ridiculously overpaid.

I think he's a guy that, at the end of his current contract (at least one more year after this summer, IIRC) would be an outstanding pickup for the MLE. I really don't see him getting any offers bigger than that at that point, unless Indy gives him a charity contract of 3/$30M or something like that.