Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Sullinger and now Barnes coming back????

This years draft is going to be terrible, at least on paper.

Next years should be really good: Rivers, Davis, Barnes, Sullinger, Lamb ect
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Possibly the lockout is backing a lot of the top players out of the draft. I mean you get a nice draft slot, but little else, can't sign, can't play, no summer league. These kids just take out a nice insurance policy, go to school, play one more year, than when things in the NBA in regards to the CBA are in cement, then the top players will come out. Who's in so far, Tyler Honeycutt, Isaiah Thomas?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

I know most people didn't believe him, but Sullinger's said he's coming back all season unless he won a championship. After the season, he and his father both said that the impending lockout didn't influence his decision at all. I'm pretty surprised by Barnes' decision. He played really well towards the end of the year. UNC could be scary next year, especially if Henson stays too. This link hasn't been updated in a little over a week, but it does have some good information on early entrants: http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-early-entrants
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Most people expect Henson to leave, his stock isn't getting any higher.

Rivers, Barnes, Sullinger, Lamb, Miller, Davis, Mihdleton, Ross ect... next years draft should be good
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Most people expect Henson to leave, his stock isn't getting any higher.

Rivers, Barnes, Sullinger, Lamb, Miller, Davis, Mihdleton, Ross ect... next years draft should be good
You really think so? He's still rail-thin and makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I gotta believe that's going to weigh down his stock in some scouts' eyes although I will say that given how weak this draft class is that his stock may end up pretty high anyways.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
You really think so? He's still rail-thin and makes a lot of dumb mistakes. I gotta believe that's going to weigh down his stock in some scouts' eyes although I will say that given how weak this draft class is that his stock may end up pretty high anyways.
I think most think he is going to be a lottery pick and if he doesn't show devolopment next year he would be a late first rounder. He is a great shot blocker and athletic but at this point has nothing else really going for him
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I think most think he is going to be a lottery pick and if he doesn't show devolopment next year he would be a late first rounder. He is a great shot blocker and athletic but at this point has nothing else really going for him
I agree, he strikes me as the kind of guy that scouts get excited about because he's young, athletic and a pretty good defender and rebounder, but if he stays in school, he'll just continue to expose his lack of offense. With this draft being so weak, he would be making a mistake to go back to UNC I think.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

hmmm Henson is staying, I don't think its a smart move, we will see.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #9
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

i say we go after Jordan Hamilton anyway, hes projected to go mid-late first so we may not have to move up to much to get him.
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

And now Perry Jones is staying, I don't like Hamilton's game
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

its official Barnes is coming back, Kawhi Leonard is leaving btw