Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Raptors at Mavs. 11/7/12

Dirk, Marion and Roddy out for the Mavs
Lowry out for the Raptors.

Going to be a fun game. Rebounding will be tested.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Jones or Crowder to start? I would guess Jones...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess Crowder

Good luck the Raps have no SF that could actually hurt is. Fields playing like trash after signing his 20m/3y offer sheet with the Raptors. One of the funniest moments in the past summer.

Lowry out, Bustnani playing as usual like crap...well, honestly i would be dissappointed if we lose.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

BTW. 20 days without Dirk already. That's 3 weeks.

Sefko said in his chat:

Quote:
...when Dirk returns, which by the way still isn't going to be anytime soon, from what I'm hearing.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-07-2012 at 09:36 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Sefko said in his chat:
I give it another month before I start panicking.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Sefko said in his chat:
I'm assuming it's still around the first week of December.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Are you sure Roddy is out? He was a game-time decision for the last game. I thought he'd be ready by now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy being a game time decision means he is back in around two weeks
Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Roddy being a game time decision means he is back in around two weeks
Not sure I agree. We'll find out later today I suppose.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs. Dojo go carve your niche.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Lowry being out really handicaps the Raps in this game.

Derozan's post game has looked more refined this year, and the kid is such a hard worker. OJ will have a tough match up defensively. Bargnani is a joke, and his lack of effort to start this year off has really made me fed up with the guy. Brand can check and bully him most of the game with success. And finally, Jonas, who looks somewhat promising in the early going, has had major trouble against the better offensive centers (Lopez and Pekovic hurt him consistently). So if Kaman gets some burn, I think he'll likely have a lot of success against him.

On a side note, I wish we could get a more detailed update on Dirk. It certainly seems like 6 weeks is becoming the reality for a comeback.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Crowder and Vince Carter will be needed to step up in Shawn's absence. I look for Crowder to have a stat busting game.

He's played the 7th most minutes on the Mavs, averaging 19.3 per game. Thus far Crowder is averaging 8.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, one assist and .8 steals per game. He's also shooting 46.4 percent from the field and 46.7 percent from beyond the arc.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Putting (245 lbs) weight on his right knee seems to be OK already...

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/2...706_970332.JPG

Last edited by markus1234; 11-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He was moving around a little gingerly last night when I saw him, but he looked alright. He was wearing a sleeve on his knee when he was working out.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
MavsFTR
Golden Member

No Brand tonight either. This game won't be pretty. Good thing I won't be home anyway. Hopefully there are some good takeaways at the end of the night.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Brand out tonight due to birth of his child. I wonder if the Mavs are going to pull down even 30 rebounds.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Brand out tonight due to birth of his child. I wonder if the Mavs are going to pull down even 30 rebounds.
Hopefully there won't be any offensive rebounds to grab and they will start to team rebound on the defensive end.

No Brand
No Dirk
No Marion
No Roddy

And yet I'm not willing to concede defeat yet. It's just rough when you are Missing your starting PF, his primary backup and his secondary backup. Wright is better as a PF than C, but we're a little thin at center for him to play too much 4. I imagine we'll see mostly Murphy taking most of the minutes, Wright taking a few and a few 2/3 guys sliding up for a small lineup like Carter and Crowder.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-07-2012 at 02:44 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
sefant77
Guru

Ah crap, thats really bad timing...

Dirk, Brand, Marion, Roddy..

Collison/Do.Jones
Mayo/Carter/Cunningham
Crowder/Da. Jones
Wright/Murphy
Kaman/James

Wow thats ugly...well, time to step up(again) for Collison/Mayo/Kaman

Last edited by sefant77; 11-07-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ah crap, thats really bad timing...

Dirk, Brand, Marion, Roddy..

Collison/Do.Jones
Mayo/Carter/Cunningham
Crowder/Da. Jones
Wright/Murphy
Kaman/James

Wow thats ugly...well, time to step up(again) for Collison/Mayo/Kaman
It's better than what the Raptors have without Lowry. Bargnani devolopment has only gone backwords, and I am still not sold on Derozan one bit, Valanciunas is good but he is a bit green and late on defensive rotations right now. No excuse for the defense even without Brand/Marion, need to contain Calderon who is a terrific shooter.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

So whats our starting S5? I think its time to start Kaman...

Wright played center all season.

Wright/Kaman
Murphy/Wright?
Murphy/Kaman?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #21
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
So whats our starting S5? I think its time to start Kaman...

Wright played center all season.

Wright/Kaman
Murphy/Wright?
Murphy/Kaman?
Think Wright/Kaman
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Think Wright/Kaman
Yup. No reason to pull Wright out of the starting lineup, and no reason to elevate Murphy ahead of Kaman. The bench will be awfully thin outside of Vince (I'm assuming Jae gets the start for Trix), but the rotation's going to be jacked no matter what, and I'd prefer to see the team get out to a strong start and shatter whatever hopes the Raps might have of stealing a win.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I see a loss tonight. Too many out, and Mavs cant rebound. Still a chance for a win although relying a lot on the young ones.

My concern going forward with this season is what happens when all the jump shots stop falling and the rebounding still isnt there? FG Pct will go down. As great as its been so far, it cant keep the same pace.

Dirk, get back man!

I see him returning 5 weeks from now. Second week in December. Lets do this!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Wright had a little burn at PF against the Bobcats.

But would not be surprised to see Murphy or Crowder to start at PF, though Kaman has to start i think because of his offense.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have great online links to watch the game? Dont live in the Dallas area and Ive been using ilemi.eu but its here and there. Any help appreciated
Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

YIKES! Lets just hope this health crisis is more of a "lets get this out of the way now" thing and not a "signs of things to come" thing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Looking forward to the young fellas (Wright, Crowder, Ovinton, DC = fast pace) getting some burn tonight. This team is exciting to watch! Lets get that W...The more we get the more we can save Dirk for the second half of the season.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

Without Dirk and Marion i still thought we could win after Lowry went down.

Without Brand we are really really thin in the FC. But on the other hand the Raptors are again really disappointing. They dont have a wing that could hurt us, so Crowder/Jones should be fine.

So let run Collison the entire game full speed against Calderon, force DeRozan into stupid shots and rough up Bargnani early so he checks out of the game mentally...

Win!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #29
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Lowry is indeed playing tonight via the pre game show
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Lowry is indeed playing tonight via the pre game show
Quote:
Bryan Gutierrez‏@BallinWithBryan

No Lowry for the Raptors
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Bryan Gutierrez‏@BallinWithBryan

No Lowry for the Raptors
I've been lied to!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
sefant77
Guru

Sucks...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #33
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Earl K. Sneed‏@EKS_MavsNBA

Mavs starters: Collison, Mayo, Crowder, Wright & Kaman
Like I thought
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #34
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

eazy win, the absence of marion wont be missed. i dunno about brand
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

is there an internet stream out there?
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #36
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1515...o-raptors.html
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
sefant77
Guru

Any link with our guys?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #38
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

http://thefirstrow.eu/watch/151538/1...o-raptors.html
u have to exit out of like fifty ads that r in front of the screen

Quote:
Any link with our guys?

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

no mavs feed?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

oj still feeling it... i hope his confidence continues appropriately and that he'll learn to contribute in other ways when his shot isn't falling. that dime to Kaman was nice.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote