Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 22.22%
Mavs win by 1-9 5 55.56%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 44 - Mavs (27-16) at Blazers (19-26) 9:30 TNT

TNT Thursday night

yet another late game

Injury report
Powell - ruptured achilles - out
Broekhoff - broken leg - out, but starting to practice
Porzingis - sore knee - probable, but limited minutes

Whiteside - groin - probable
McCollum - ankle - questionable
Nurkic - leg - questionable
Collins - shoulder - out
Labissiere - knee - out
Hood - achilles - out
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Hoping to see Kleber start and Boban get 16 or more minutes off the bench

Boban for all the talk about him being slow and unable to defend just seems to always make buckets for this team

In fact his buckets are such a beautiful thing because they just come so easy in the paint. I know the mavs hate post up plays but boban imo just makes life easier for the team scoring inside when those 3's are bricking

In that 4th qtr vs the clippers I noticed Harrell really became stagnant with boban on the floor and it was because of his sheer size advantage and luka fed him like 3 times for easy buckets yet the mavs for some reason pulled him with about 2 minutes left

Maybe its just me but I really don't see how boban hurts this team if he was given extended minutes. I think dude would avg 14 and 10 if Rick played him 18-22 mpg

He gets damn near double doubles in less than 12 minutes most nights when he plays
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

Maybe its just me but I really don't see how boban hurts this team if he was given extended minutes. I think dude would avg 14 and 10 if Rick played him 18-22 mpg
Oh, I think you're correct about his projected stats. It's him getting run out of the gym in transition, and the inevitable targeting of him in the pick and roll game by the other team's best player that scares me to death.

But, I think he's going to get a shot, for sure. Temporarily, at least. They really have no choice.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Boban has always been a walking bucket. A giant “Microwave” scorer.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Hoping to see Kleber start and Boban get 16 or more minutes off the bench

Boban for all the talk about him being slow and unable to defend just seems to always make buckets for this team

In fact his buckets are such a beautiful thing because they just come so easy in the paint. I know the mavs hate post up plays but boban imo just makes life easier for the team scoring inside when those 3's are bricking

In that 4th qtr vs the clippers I noticed Harrell really became stagnant with boban on the floor and it was because of his sheer size advantage and luka fed him like 3 times for easy buckets yet the mavs for some reason pulled him with about 2 minutes left

He gets damn near double doubles in less than 12 minutes most nights when he plays

This may sound crazy, but I honestly think that Boban doesn't get much burn because for whatever reason RC doesn't like the "style" of basketball played when Boban is in the game. I guess it's just not purty enough for him. Personally, I think it's great and love watching the big guy basically stand flat-footed and put the ball in the basket while the shorter guys just stand by and can do nothing. LOL

I also find the "fears" about Boban playing extended minutes to be humorous. DP was basically a non-presence in the paint and gave up heaven knows how many offensive boards and layups that Boban wouldn't, and DP rarely scored in double digits, but I don't recall anybody ever being so scared of DP in there because he couldn't rebound or deter driving guards. SMH That most certainly is NOT a problem with Boban, and for his size, he moves pretty damn well imo. He may not be the fastest guy down the court, but he can still cover some ground. If anything, I think his presence in the game will result in teams rushing any opportunities to take advantage of him not yet being in the paint, and this hurrying can work against them. It's a different kind of pressure.

Last edited by turin; 01-23-2020 at 03:10 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I agree 100%

This is why the man needs more minutes

And honestly if RC played and trusted Boban more I think the mavs could get away with not needing another real legit big

They could put resources into a hybrid 4 man like a Covington type

I believe boban is worthy of being a high end rotation player every night regardless of matchups

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-23-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I’m going to walk down the street and go to this one tonight. Been great games between Dallas and Portland every year here since I moved here almost. Please god let us win
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

538 has us winning by 3

So we're going to lose
Old 01-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #9
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Love the oxymoron!
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #10
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I’m going to walk down the street and go to this one tonight. Been great games between Dallas and Portland every year here since I moved here almost. Please god let us win
Jealous, of both your evening plans and your address, apparently.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #11
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Jealous, of both your evening plans and your address, apparently.
Portland is small town in a big city. Anyone who lives in northeast Portland lives less than 3 miles from the Rose Garden. And the trains can get you there in 10 minutes. It’s great tbh. Also the people here aren’t confrontational so if it’s Dame time they’ll leave me alone when I’m leaving lol

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 01-23-2020 at 07:58 PM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:40 PM   #12
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

The most bounce I’ve seen in Porzingis all season.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #13
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Nice to see the Mavs get rolling early instead of having to play catch-up.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #14
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

My god this is amazing
Old 01-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jackson guarding Melo well, but I always think Jackson does good on his man.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:10 PM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Everybody looks good tonight
Old 01-23-2020, 11:11 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wright doesn't look like a happy camper.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I don't EVER want to hear anyone talk shit about Jackson's defense. That kid plays it.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

F'in Ariza...of course.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:36 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't EVER want to hear anyone talk shit about Jackson's defense. That kid plays it.
That's dumb he's having a decent defensive game. He's a shitty defender though
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:36 PM   #21
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Luka killing my heart with those FTs.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:36 PM   #22
Melonhead
Guru

I guessed on Twitter Ariza would hit 4 threes. Well he’s got 3 and 15
Total already. Seems like he always burns Dallas
Old 01-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #23
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Wright doesn't look like a happy camper.
You see him wave off Luka then dribble to an almost and 1? He’s playing his ass off too flying for rebounds. Something doesn’t sit right and id hate to lose him.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #24
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Charles Barkley kept insisting that Luka is Larry Bird and Kenny said “Detlef Schremp”. He was dead serious. Such a hater.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

A shorter Larry Bird. A more aggressive Detlef Schrempf. Lol. Not even close
Old 01-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

And I REALLY liked Detlef. But that an insult to Luka.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #27
FreshJive
Diamond Member

They also don’t seem to understand the concept that teams shooting more three pointers = more points being scored.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

Detlef Shremp didn’t have 1/100th of Luka’s handles or passing. All back to the basket or high post face up. Rarely took guys off the dribble. Just dumb.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:53 PM   #29
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to allOldWhiteGuy is a name known to all

Amazingly, the Blazers are outshooting the Mavs overall 55.8% to 53.8%, three pointers 55.6% to 44.8%, and free throws 83.3% to 64.3%.

But, the Mavs have 9 more shots overall, 3 more threes, and 8 more free throws.

Rebounding and turnovers favor the Mavs and give them the extra possessions. Taking the ball to the hoop has paid off in free throws, especially for KP.

Last edited by OldWhiteGuy; 01-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.
OldWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:55 PM   #30
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Detlef Shremp didn’t have 1/100th of Luka’s handles or passing. All back to the basket or high post face up. Rarely took guys off the dribble. Just dumb.
They just chose two white guys. Barkley chose the better one, and Kenny chose the lesser. Never mind that he doesn’t really play like either. He’s more like Harden with better vision, or a less athletic LeBron imo
Old 01-24-2020, 12:03 AM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
That's dumb he's having a decent defensive game. He's a shitty defender though
No he isn't. You don't watch. Yawn.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:06 AM   #32
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

RC letting the only good player they have burn them again. Lilliard needs to be doubled the second he gets the ball.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No he isn't. You don't watch. Yawn.
I don't watch? 😂😂😂
Old 01-24-2020, 12:15 AM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
RC letting the only good player they have burn them again. Lilliard needs to be doubled the second he gets the ball.
He's smart enough to give it up and they are smart enough to give it back. That half court trap only works against the rockets because of how bad westbrook is. You can't actually trap people as soon as they get the ball and run an effective defense.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:19 AM   #35
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they are going to review that shot by Portland with one min left. Certainly looked like it was after the shot clock went off.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #36
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess they aren’t going to review that goaltend either? Come on refs. Wtf?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #37
BPo001
Diamond Member

What are these fucking refs watching? Basket interference there
Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Refs always gonna $&@$ us?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 AM   #39
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Refs always gonna $&@$ us?
This, and the answer is yes.

Last edited by turin; 01-24-2020 at 12:28 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:29 AM   #40
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
He's smart enough to give it up and they are smart enough to give it back. That half court trap only works against the rockets because of how bad westbrook is. You can't actually trap people as soon as they get the ball and run an effective defense.
I’d take my chances then literally having 1 guy kill you. Especially with letting guys like Carmelo brick 3s.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote