Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #241
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default USA 2 - Spain 0 AWESOME!!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/240620...ain-final.html

I can't wait to get hom and flip on the DVR!!!

I know we have soccer haters around this country, but it is truly one of my favorite sports and I would love to see Team USA rise up to true international greatness.

Defeating Spain today, no matter what the spin will be, is a positive step for the Team USA Men's Soccer Program.

I only wish, I would've had the time to run home and watch this live...but hey DVR is better than nothing.

It's a good day in 92bDad's world!!!

Last edited by 92bDad; 06-24-2009 at 03:36 PM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #242
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Freakin Moderator RETARDS!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #243
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 06-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #244
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Freakin Moderator RETARDS!!!!
Are you having problems there?

Old 06-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #245
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

^Man, U2 ...You bought some new dogs...again ?

p.s. Post some new picures of the newest member of you family.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #246
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice success for the US team . Some kinda reminds me of the Dutchmen outscoring the world during the european championschips and then loosing against the russian guys. Spaniards took it too easy. A mistake and the clock runs down. Thats life.
But congrats to the US and congrats to Brazil also.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #247
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you jinxing Brazil! We all know South Africa is going to play the USA in the final!

(Super reverse jinx ultra)
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #248
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Are you jinxing Brazil! We all know South Africa is going to play the USA in the final!

My power is by far to crappy jinxing Brazil. Especially not germany lost against Brazil. Oli Khan lost the game. Not Germany !!!

Oli Khan and BAYERN MUNICH MESSED IT UP !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-24-2009 at 05:00 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #249
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You're being unfair to Kahn, he lost that game, but not the Cup! He was very essential to Germany making the final!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #250
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Ah...
Dogcrap >> Kahn
Old 06-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #251
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Hm, but props. Good stuff taking out the Spaniards. Those bastards who were cool enough to beat the -so called- german national 11 by a crappy 1-0 deserved to be disciplined...
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #252
92bDad
Platinum Member

retract :-)

Last edited by 92bDad; 06-25-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #253
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I never had the ability to be a goalkeeper, but that's the position I'd love to play. But I know it is an unfair one: you can save the team for 10 games, but if you make one mistake, that's what they'll remember you for

Casillas failed in the first USA goal, IMO, but he's still one of my favorite goalies alongside Julio Cesar.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #254
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

^No, a parrot belongs on the pole not between the poles
Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #255
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
team of heart = USA
this

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #256
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post

Since you just HAD to open your mouth Brasil will lose.

Oh btw.. Julio Cesar is the bomb diggity. He's now my favorite player over "I-kick-it-over-the-net-instead-of-in-it" Dani Alves.

Wish I could be there to watch the game with you. That last game was fun. You and your dad crack me up!! haha

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #257
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

what a turn around, the us team played like dog crap in costa rica a short 3 weeks ago....and then go out and defeat the spainards today.

a great victory for us soccer. give bradley credit for getting the team to believe in itself and play with heart.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #258
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
this
Heart and fight.

Absolutely. That was a german evening. A beer ( or two) and a soccer game that was not supposed to be exciting.

That´s the way to go, eh
Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #259
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

that red card was total bs btw

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #260
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Dempsey has really been a beast of late.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:40 AM   #261
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

it was an amazing game we played well inside the box and on crosses but they got some opportunities from mid to outside to cross, dempsey plays so much better up front. GO TEAM USA!!!!!!!!!!!!
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 AM   #262
TheMaverick
Golden Member

The truth of the matter is, Spain dominated possession and had four times the number of shots on goal. Tim Howard came up huge for us while Altidore got one off a deflection and Dempsey got one because of Ramos's carelessness. We won the game, but we were by no means the clear better team today. Sometimes, the bounces just bounce your way. The 3-0 loss to Brazil included us giving up goal while being down a man, and the US hitting the crossbar twice.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #263
92bDad
Platinum Member

that was a brilliant match, I was fortunate to be able to catch it on my DVR last night.

Spain had its share of opportunities which they simply couldn't finish.

Credit the USA team for reaching their potential in one match. This indeed is a great win in the history of USA soccer.

Spain had a 35 game unbeaten streak, going 32-0-3 in those matches. Yesterday they gave up the first 2 goals of the tournament.

Hopefully, with this being played in Africa the team will gain a mental edge, or at least some mental confidence for next years World Cup. Having success and getting familiar with the off the pitch surroundings, not mention building up a modest USA Fan Base in Africa, could go a long way towards getting this team ready for next year.

However, after enjoying this win, they must get refocused and be prepared for Sunday!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #264
TheMaverick
Golden Member

^ unless we play South Africa... then it'll be us against the world type thing.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #265
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Chelsea!

The Blues would have won the Champions League if it weren't for the horrible refereeing against Barca in the semis.

Being German, I of course love the German National team. They will win World Cup 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #266
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Brazil vs. USA it is! I gotta say our coach's got the touch. He puts Dani Alves in with 10 minutes left and he scores from a free kick! Go Dani!

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-25-2009 at 03:31 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #267
92bDad
Platinum Member

Africa held their own, but in the end they didn't stop the free kick.

First it was a brilliant strike by Brazilian Dani Alves.

Will team USA rise up to the challenge or fall back to the underdog who just can't get it done.

I know what I'm doing on Sunday...A little Soccer Watching PARTY!!!

Nice to see Team USA in their first FIFA Final!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #268
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I didn´t watch the whole game. But it seems as if the big ones don´t take the tournament too serious. Nice final though.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #269
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me you guys are watching this.

THAT WAS AWESOME
Old 06-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #270
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Was just about to ask the same thing. Goodness this is nuts.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #271
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Landon Donovan

Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............
Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #272
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Am I dreaming? Take a knee!!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #273
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Obviously we have a loooooong way to go, but is this the defining moment in the history of American soccer? #1 and #5 teams in the world in back to back games?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #274
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they were just trying to hang on for dear life there at the end of the half. I wonder if the entire second half is going to go the same way.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #275
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Please tell me you guys are watching this.

THAT WAS AWESOME
I am WHAT A HALF
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #276
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

...crap.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 06-28-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #277
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

x2
Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #278
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

sigh.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #279
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That's why they're the best.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #280
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That's why they're the best.
But they are only 5th best.

Spain
Netherlands
Germany
Italy
Brazil

Tags
dallas cowboys, eintracht frankfurt, fluffy insult, got a bit fluffy in here, juevos bonitos, te gusta mis huevos?