Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts
Default Greg Monroe

Pistons are looking to move him. We would finally get a legit center since Chandler left.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I like him but I don't know why they'd ship him out. He's going to be an RFA this summer so Detroit can match any deal and in the mean time he's one of their three best players. As a solid 4/5 tweener, he's going to get a lot of attention and possibly a deal worth 12-17mill/year this summer. Perhaps Detroit won't match, but an SnT is an option then. Dude isn't unhappy and demanding a trade. Detroit just didn't want to sign an extension (which may end up hurting them if they misjudged the FA season this summer.

Also, he's got pretty good (and improving) post skills and shot blocking, which reminds me of Wright's game, but he's not terribly great at rebounding (which also reminds me of Wright's game). Unless Dirk steps it up, I could see rebounding being a problem if we had a Dirk/Monroe frontcourt.

Rebound rating
20.1 Blair
17.1 Dalembert
15.1 Monroe
12.6 Wright in 12-13

PER
23.9 Blair
21.03 Wright in 12-13
19.35 Monroe
16.9 Dalembert

Block rating
7.8 Wright in 12-13
7.5 Monroe
4.8 Dalembert
2.3 Blair

TS%
60.8 Dalembert
60.6 Wright in 12-13
54.3% Monroe
53.5% Blair

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I like him but I don't know why they'd ship him out. He's going to be an RFA this summer so Detroit can match any deal and in the mean time he's one of their three best players. As a solid 4/5 tweener, he's going to get a lot of attention and possibly a deal worth 12-17mill/year this summer. Perhaps Detroit won't match, but an SnT is an option then. Dude isn't unhappy and demanding a trade. Detroit just didn't want to sign an extension (which may end up hurting them if they misjudged the FA season this summer.

Also, he's got pretty good (and improving) post skills and shot blocking, which reminds me of Wright's game, but he's not terribly great at rebounding (which also reminds me of Wright's game). Unless Dirk steps it up, I could see rebounding being a problem if we had a Dirk/Monroe frontcourt.

Rebound rating
20.1 Blair
17.1 Dalembert
15.1 Monroe
12.6 Wright in 12-13

PER
23.9 Blair
21.03 Wright in 12-13
19.35 Monroe
16.9 Dalembert

Block rating
7.8 Wright in 12-13
7.5 Monroe
4.8 Dalembert
2.3 Blair

TS%
60.8 Dalembert
60.6 Wright in 12-13
54.3% Monroe
53.5% Blair
Problem is the players you mentioned are situational players. Monroe can play a solid 30+ minutes a game.

And the Pistons are unlikely to sign him because of Josh Smith and Drummond are on their roster.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...oe-in-detroit/
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Very fond of Greg Monroe. But dont know what itd take in a trade to get him.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Very fond of Greg Monroe. But dont know what itd take in a trade to get him.
At this point I think the only way for the Mavs to get him would be through free agency, unless Detroit decides to blow this mess up already and wants to attach a longer deal. Hard to imagine a scenario where we'd have the pieces to trade for Greg, especially since we have restrictions on trading future first rounders.

Side note: I think it's ridiculous that the Pistons seem to be choosing Drummond over Monroe. I hope their loss can be our gain. In a fantasy world, I've love to trade for Chandler before the deadline this year, then trade for Monroe and pair them together for the next few years in a three-man frontcourt platoon with Dirk.

Last edited by spreedom; 11-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

+/- stats for the Drummond/Monroe/Smith combo... in a nutshell, we can say that Monroe and Smith absolutely do not fit well together (probably because Smith really shouldn't be playing small forward anymore) and that Monroe has the best overall +/- of the three, speaking to the efficient balance of his game. Granted, +/- on its own isn't an end-all, be-all stat, but I thought this was interesting enough to share. Still hoping we make Monroe an offer this summer, especially since I think the Pistons are pretty much conceding the fact that they're going to move on without him next year.

FWIW, I'm 100% okay with the Mavs offering Monroe a 4-year max contract this summer.

Last edited by spreedom; 12-29-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

are you sure?he isn't a great defender...i don't know if he could play with Dirk.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

He probably wouldn't be a great fit next to Dirk, but I think he's the kind of big that we could build around for the next 10 years. I think he and Dirk, offensively, would be one of the best big man combos in the league.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Monroe is just too much of an empty stats kind of guy for me. His numbers just do not translate to wins. And if the Mavs are going after a free agent I want them to go after someone who will impact the win column.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Monroe is just too much of an empty stats kind of guy for me. His numbers just do not translate to wins. And if the Mavs are going after a free agent I want them to go after someone who will impact the win column.
Nothing against you, but this is my least favorite viewpoint in the world of NBA analysis. Monroe's stats are only "empty" because he's been on absolutely terrible teams since he was drafted. The fact that he's been so productive and efficient in these circumstances speaks volumes about his talent, focus, and character to me. I'm a huge fan of his game.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nothing against you, but this is my least favorite viewpoint in the world of NBA analysis. Monroe's stats are only "empty" because he's been on absolutely terrible teams since he was drafted. The fact that he's been so productive and efficient in these circumstances speaks volumes about his talent, focus, and character to me. I'm a huge fan of his game.
Well, I'm a believer in not all stats are created equal. Two guys who average 20 points are not always the same caliber. When and where you get your points is way more important than getting them. He has the David Lee quality to me. David Lee gets great stats. Doesn't impact the game one iota.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, I'm a believer in not all stats are created equal. Two guys who average 20 points are not always the same caliber. When and where you get your points is way more important than getting them. He has the David Lee quality to me. David Lee gets great stats. Doesn't impact the game one iota.

We will just have to disagree 100% on that issue then. I still want Monroe here as a big piece of this team's core going forward.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Don't at all agree with that characterization of Lee. He's not in the same class as the elite PFs, but he's a fine player and a very credible starter on that GS team.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-29-2013 at 09:40 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
Bayliss

Quote:
Don't at all agree with that characterization of Lee. He's not in the same class as the elite PFs, but he's a fine player and a very credible starter on that GS team.
Lots of credible starters aren't game changers.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-29-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lots of credible starters aren't game changers.
I'm not talking about lots of starters, and I don't really know what you mean by game changer. Lee's a member of one of the top starting units in the NBA, and makes meaningful and important contributions to their success as a productive and efficient scorer and rebounder. If your point is that he doesn't figure in opposing defense's game plans the way Dirk does, you'll get no argument from me there. But his statistical production is far from empty.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
Bayliss

Quote:
But his statistical production is far from empty.
If they were far from empty then he would be a game changer. He is a decent player. But there are many players that have good skills and put up stats that don't change the game iota. After all, when a game is played for 48 minutes, there will be shots taken, rebounds to be had, assists to be given. At the end of the day though can that same guy swing the game? And quite frankly, Lee doesn't do that. Neither does Monroe.

Monroe is young, he might can someday.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
If they were far from empty then he would be a game changer. He is a decent player.
I don't really want to debate where we should dichotomize the NBA performance continuum to separate out the game changers from the non-game changers. If decent means average, though, I disagree with your assessment of Lee.
Quote:
After all, when a game is played for 48 minutes, there will be shots taken, rebounds to be had, assists to be given. At the end of the day though can that same guy swing the game? And quite frankly, Lee doesn't do that.
Shots can be made or missed. Rebounds can be secured or lost to the other team. The right passes can be made well or the wrong passes can be made poorly. The guys who get the minutes and touches have to execute or their teams won't win. Lee executes better than most, and GS is better for it (though he is overpaid). To me that's impact. If you disagree, then I suspect this discussion really just boils down to semantics.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I don't really want to debate where we should dichotomize the NBA performance continuum to separate out the game changers from the non-game changers.
Then don't go on to do the same sort of thing, if in your own pedantic way, cowboy.

Doctor, heal thyself, as it were.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I missed you guys.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Drummond has become their go to guy. I wouldnt mind seeing Monroe on the team next year. Not sure he deserves a max though
Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Drummond has become their go to guy. I wouldnt mind seeing Monroe on the team next year. Not sure he deserves a max though
Not a max player in my mind. I do like his game though.

I won't step a toe in the "empty numbers" debate....seems a bit arbitrary to me.

Does he produce consistently in the closing moments of a game? That might be telling.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Does he produce consistently in the closing moments of a game? That might be telling.
Kind of hard to tell how Monroe performs in the closing moments of a game, seeing as how the Pistons are usually getting blown out... Or as Cuban says, "stats on bad teams don't count." Another thing to consider is that he's listed as a PF, and is not really the defensive anchor/rim protector that Mavs fans prefer to see at center... Basically, he's more Wright than Chandler.

Andre Drummond is the big you want from Detroit, but he's not going anywhere.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-31-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Andre Drummond is the big you want from Detroit, but he's not going anywhere.
no question on that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be all over Monroe if he was a shot blocker. As it is, he is a decent center who just doesn't fit what this team needs defensive-wise. Now, if we somehow fixed the perimeter D, then it is a different story. But the team needs a big man defender as long as Monta and Calderon are playing big minutes together.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everyone's overall sentiments. Seen a few Detroit games, Monroe is by no means a defensive stalwart.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #26
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I agree with everyone's overall sentiments. Seen a few Detroit games, Monroe is by no means a defensive stalwart.
I don't think "a few" games is enough to tell what kind of player he is. I haven't seen enough of him to comment but from the little i've seen I do like his game.

I personally am confused to why the Pistons want to get rid of him unless they feel they can't afford him and don't want to overpay. He and Drummond are the two guys i'd build my team around.

Pistons have some good players but they've built their team with players you can't build a team around. I would NEVER put Stuckey, Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings on the court together at the same time. I would love to see what Drummond and Monroe could do with a point guard and a consistent scoring threat at the 2.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #27
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-celtics-suns

1st round pick for Greg Monroe and his $5.5 million salary? He could be the first guy off the bench behind Dirk and get starter minutes. I don't know much about him other than his numbers which are 15 pts / 9 reb in ~30 mpg. We could use some size for sure.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-celtics-suns

1st round pick for Greg Monroe and his $5.5 million salary? He could be the first guy off the bench behind Dirk and get starter minutes. I don't know much about him other than his numbers which are 15 pts / 9 reb in ~30 mpg. We could use some size for sure.
Detroit is at the cap, so we'd need to trade them 5.5mill in salary. The only guy that immediately pops out at me at that salary range is Wright, who is one of our only good bigs off the bench.

Also, doesn't he become an UFA after this year of QO? We'll also have to pay BIG for Ellis and Chandler (as well as re-sign Aminu, Barea, and Wright). I'm not sure that we'll also want to pay Monroe what he wants (10-13/year) for a backup. or how we'll be effective with both, unless Chandler will take a huge pay cut.

I have no doubt he'll be happy with us this year. I just doubt he'll be happy and satisfied if we ask him to split money with Chandler and I also don't want us to let Chandler walk away again. If we trade for him, we're most likely stuck with him until he becomes an UFA, he can walk for nothing.

Also, his rebounding rate has not picked up since last year when I was concerned. His advanced rebounding metrics are in the bottom 5-6 of starting centers and below some backups (and barely better than Wright, who we all complain about now)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-15-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
spreedom
Diamond Member

How do Monroe's rebounding rates (or better yet, percentage of available rebounds) compare to other PFs? I really feel like we would need to play him at the four.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
How do Monroe's rebounding rates (or better yet, percentage of available rebounds) compare to other PFs? I really feel like we would need to play him at the four.
19th among PFs
25th among Cs
Old 12-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #31
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Also, his rebounding rate has not picked up since last year when I was concerned. His advanced rebounding metrics are in the bottom 5-6 of starting centers and below some backups (and barely better than Wright, who we all complain about now)
What are your thoughts on him playing next to Andre Drummond who is averaging almost 12 rpg soaking up some of those that would possibly go to Monroe?

I agree that he is a big unknown at this point and will want some kind of payday come next off-season, but as good of a coach as Carlisle is, he can't coach height/size and that is still a pretty rare commodity in this league.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Monroe has a full no trade, and he loses his Bird rights if he's traded this season.

Based on that, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that he agrees to any trade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Monroe has a full no trade, and he loses his Bird rights if he's traded this season.

Based on that, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that he agrees to any trade.
Yeah, I could see him waiving his trade deal if it didn't cost him money. Last year he was asking 10-13 mill/year. No way he waives his trade kicker if it means that his next deal can only start at 6.6mill/year.

If he suffers through this year and the cap jumps to 70mill, he could be eligible for 17mill/year starting salary. He won't get that much, but there is a huge difference between what he thinks he's worth and the 6.6mill he'd be able to get if he was traded.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-16-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #34
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

the pistons are shopping josh smith and brandon jennings as well.. would love to see that backcourt again of jennings and monta, even though the bucks sucked when they played together
Old 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Smith definitely brings the rebounding and defense. His offense has fallen off a cliff in DET, but next to Parsons and Chandler, he could be okay. that 12.4mill, though.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
the pistons are shopping josh smith and brandon jennings as well.. would love to see that backcourt again of jennings and monta, even though the bucks sucked when they played together
?? Jennings is terrible.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
?? Jennings is terrible.
I think we are already overloaded on offense. We need defenders that can hit wide open shots created by our existing offensive players. The Mavs are fun to watch right now when their offense is clicking and they can play some really good defense for about 5 minutes a half. But I would like to see a couple of guys added to this roster that their primary purpose is defense. Tyson is great and all, but we can't have players at the other 4 positions that only play offense for the most part.