Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2022 NBA Draft

We actually have our pick. Will we use it? Or package it to get rid of salary? Time will tell. Until then, here is my top 5

1) Chet Holgrem --> just a super efficient freak; he's like a KD with less ball handling but way more interior defense

2) Jabari Smith Jr. --> scoring machine with a pure jumper, but needs to add to his repertoire inside the arc; has all the tools

3) Jaden Ivey --> I have him over Smith because I'm skeptical of Smith's ability to score inside the arc and at the rim in the NBA; just an electric player reminiscent of Ja Morant

4) Paolo Banchero --> I'm very tempted to put him above Ivey, but ultimately don't because Banchero has more of an old school skillset; he's like a Paul Millsap/ Blake Griffin hybrid

5) Keegan Murray --> plays a lot like Jabari Smith, but less athletic

Assuming we draft around 22, here are my favorite realistic players for the Mavs:

1) Wendell Moore Jr. --> jack of all trades who slots into any NBA team; underrated offense

2) Kendall Brown --> young, and has a ways to go developmentally (especially on offense), but simply the most athletic prospect this draft; drafting him is betting on upside; flashes all the tools

3) Walker Kessler --> basically a taller Jakob Poetl; I'm scared to death he'll get hurt based on his size and how he plays, but he's surprisingly underrated defending the pick and roll and being a roll man; might fall because in today's NBA he's not a 30 MPG guy

4) Michael Koloko --> like him better than Mark Williams because he's more fluid on the perimeter; might translate best to the NBA out of all these bigs

5) Oscar Tshiebwe --> one word. rebounds.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I don't have high confidence in Chet's ability to maintain his high level of play in the NBA. He is rail thin and floats somewhere between KD and KAT's games, just not nearly as talented as both in their respective games. I dunno, he's got the mindset, skills, and height be to very good. I just don't see him as athletic as KD and not as big at KAT. Will be an interesting follow in the league.

Jabari's talent on the other hand is smooth as can be. His play reminds me much of college Jayson Tatum and he has a chance to be really good.

If I'm drafting #1 and don't already have a young, stud wing, Jabari is the pick for me.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:29 PM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I like Oscar Tshiebwe a lot more than most. To me his ceiling is better rebounding Bam Adebayo. He is from Congo and has a lot of internal drive. Here is a great interview with him where he shares his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2nUSqXuR8

At worst, I think he's a Steven Adams/ Isaiah Stewart-type. I think that would be great for this squad.

Last edited by tap2390; 03-15-2022 at 02:30 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:31 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think I like Oscar Tshiebwe a lot more than most. To me his ceiling is better rebounding Bam Adebayo. He is from Congo and has a lot of internal drive. Here is a great interview with him where he shares his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2nUSqXuR8

At worst, I think he's a Steven Adams/ Isaiah Stewart-type. I think that would be great for this squad.
If Adams wasn’t earning KP money, I’d 100% want him. If we can get that kind of player on a rookie contract, even better. Just need screens, hustle, rebounding, and defense from that position. Maybe some lobs from Luka.

I count 4-5 games this season where we’ve lost because we can’t control the inside or get a board. 4-5 games is the difference between 4/5 and 2/3 in the west

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-15-2022 at 04:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:40 PM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I like Oscar T. He is a beast!
Old 03-15-2022, 08:43 PM   #6
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

I know it's way early but FWIW, tankathon and bleacher report have EJ Liddell to the Mavs in the early-mid 20's. I think he could be really productive for us but my main questions with him are will he be big enough to play as a big and will his college level shot blocking translate into NBA level rim protection. His outside shot projects to be above average and that makes him very appealing.

Oscar is mocked to early-mid 2nd round. I like him a lot but will the Mavs see value in him? He's an elite rebounder and that would give the Mavs a definite boost in one area of weakness.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
I know it's way early but FWIW, tankathon and bleacher report have EJ Liddell to the Mavs in the early-mid 20's. I think he could be really productive for us but my main questions with him are will he be big enough to play as a big and will his college level shot blocking translate into NBA level rim protection. His outside shot projects to be above average and that makes him very appealing.

Oscar is mocked to early-mid 2nd round. I like him a lot but will the Mavs see value in him? He's an elite rebounder and that would give the Mavs a definite boost in one area of weakness.
Lidell's size, specifically his wingspan and standing reach, will allow him to translate very well.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:04 PM   #8
tap2390
Diamond Member

Oscar T. is a first team All-American and received the most first place votes. I truly think someone is going to “reach” for him towards the end of the lottery.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:11 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean if there is any program that knows how to develop bigs, well, it's certainly Kentucky. Current NBA PFs/Centers from there...

Anthony Davis
Bam
Karl-Anthony Towns
Nerlens Noel
PJ Washington
Julius Randle

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:10 PM   #10
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean if there is any program that knows how to develop bigs, well, it's certainly Kentucky. Current NBA PFs/Centers from there...

Anthony Davis
Bam
Karl-Anthony Towns
Nerlens Noel
PJ Washington
Julius Randle
Develop or recruit?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:23 PM   #11
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I like Mark Williams for us.

Not a super sexy pick but basically WCS with a motor.

Great shot blocker, good rebounder and a decent inside scorer.
Legit center size with good frame, pretty athletic and should become a decent P&R guy.
Cheap way to attempt to address our greatest need imo.

Seems like he could be developed into a TC type center.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-16-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:23 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Develop or recruit?
As long as they come out right either way.

And he started at WVU but took off at Kentucky. So yeah, I'd say the program is legit.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-17-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:29 PM   #13
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oscar T. is a first team All-American and received the most first place votes. I truly think someone is going to “reach” for him towards the end of the lottery.
Main knock is that he’s an old school big right? No outside shot?
Does he have ability to defend in space?
Any ball handling/passing to speak of?

Kofi Cockburn is all American too and not even on some draft boards at all.
He’s a huge throwback Shaq type center at 7ft 285. I can see why no one feels he’s got nba game… just wondering what Oscar has on kofi.
I’ve seen more of kofi than Oscar…
Old 03-16-2022, 10:40 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need an old school big. Set screens, board, defend the paint, catch lobs, keep defenses honest

BUT

more important is mobility. Todays NBA has a lot of five-outs, switches, etc. Mobility is sinking Kofi’s chances of a first round selection. He’s just too slow to switch.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:49 PM   #15
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think we need an old school big. Set screens, board, defend the paint, catch lobs, keep defenses honest

BUT

more important is mobility. Todays NBA has a lot of five-outs, switches, etc. Mobility is sinking Kofi’s chances of a first round selection. He’s just too slow to switch.
Apparently kofi’s not even going to be drafted on most mocks…
That’s what I’m wondering - does Oscar have good enough mobility to defend outside or will he be PNR to death?

Side note: rooting hard for Kofi regardless. He’s about 30 years too late to the nba though
Old 03-17-2022, 12:43 AM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

This draft is loaded with bigs. Good year for us to take one, though I still want BPA as always.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:27 AM   #17
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:

BUT

Too bad we gave up the 2nd round pick.
Some of those decent bigs might be available.

Agree though the big lumbering lane clogging centers have virtually become extinct.

I still think we need a defense-oriented one on the roster though for situational purposes, and getting one in the 2nd round would possibly be a cheap way to address that.
WCS was perfect for that role if he would have had any interest in the game.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-17-2022 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #18
tap2390
Diamond Member

I think Tshiebwe has all the physical tools to excel defending on the perimeter. He has excellent long speed and short area quickness. He main issues right now are related to coaching -- getting down in his stance, keeping his feet square, moving his feet. I think he has the tools and work ethic to get there.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #19
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
I think Tshiebwe has all the physical tools to excel defending on the perimeter. He has excellent long speed and short area quickness. He main issues right now are related to coaching -- getting down in his stance, keeping his feet square, moving his feet. I think he has the tools and work ethic to get there.
this is good to hear

hope he lasts down to where we're at...

he seems that he's elite at one thing we really really need - rebounding and very good as a rim protector and post defender. as long as he's not going to be exposed on switches on the perimeter we could have something there.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:19 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

30-16-2-2-2 in the upset loss

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-17-2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:27 PM   #21
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Guess he’ll be home early prepping for the draft…
Old 03-17-2022, 09:47 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, I mean he is basically Clint Capela and funnily enough Capela went 25 in the draft.

Not getting my hopes up though. Learned that the hard way with Desmond Bane.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-17-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #23
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sadly I don’t think he drops to us after having that kind of game. Hope I’m wrong.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:50 PM   #24
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting prospect is Osun Osunniyi. OO was named A-10 Defensive player of the year, two years in a row. I watched St. Bonaventure play U Virginia in NIT Quarterfinal game and OO had a big block at the buzzer to seal the victory. Right now he is not projected to be drafted on Tankathon, so he could be someone to bring in as a free agent.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:14 PM   #25
saclare
Platinum Member

Why is it so hard to find measurements for players? If the ultimate goal is to make it to the next level and be an attractive prospect, why don't these schools have stuff like wingspan and standing reach posted to help get exposure for their student athletes? I know they take measurements every year, it would only serve these kids better, if only a little bit.

I was curious was OO's were given the above. Nice progression through college, though a step back in rebounding this year. Stuff like wingspan and standing reach help create a better physical profile for us internet scouts dammit!
Old 03-24-2022, 04:47 PM   #26
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Why is it so hard to find measurements for players? If the ultimate goal is to make it to the next level and be an attractive prospect, why don't these schools have stuff like wingspan and standing reach posted to help get exposure for their student athletes? I know they take measurements every year, it would only serve these kids better, if only a little bit.

I was curious was OO's were given the above. Nice progression through college, though a step back in rebounding this year. Stuff like wingspan and standing reach help create a better physical profile for us internet scouts dammit!
Wingspan is 7'8".
Old 03-24-2022, 06:08 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Guys, I am VERY optimistic of this team next year.

1) We got our three guards (Luka, SD, JB)
2) We got our 3/D wings (Bullock, DFS)
3) We have our 2022 FRP, even if our record means the FRP is low first round

The only glaring and obvious weakness this team has left is a solid PF/C and with a FRP, we will have a lot of good options. Plus, I am way more confident with Nico as Gm than I'd be with Donnie. With Donnie, we'd probably trade our FRP for Udonis Haslem who will immediately retire at 41 or for two SRPs that eventually become Shan Foster. With Nico, I think we may actually make a move to improve the team whether it's drafting a good big or trading the FRP for a quality big man.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-24-2022 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:01 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And I feel like there is a Mitchell Robinson at our pick anyway. Koloko, Tshiebwe, Williams, Kessler...one or two or even three of those guys will be there.

The reason Powell has looked good lately is because a center need only score around the rim, set picks, rebound, and defend on this team. That's all a draft pick would need to do as well. All of those guys sound like they could do some form of that.

Ringer has us taking Koloko. Fine by me.

Old 03-27-2022, 11:19 PM   #29
Scoobay
Golden Member

crap.... tankathon has some of the bigs moving up in their mocks. we're slotted at #23 and taking Wendell Moore

15. Mark Williams
19. Liddell
20. Kessler
29. Koloko (Ringer had us taking him at 22)
35. Oscar

USA today has us taking Ismael Kamagate from France... at least it's a big.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:30 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
crap.... tankathon has some of the bigs moving up in their mocks. we're slotted at #23 and taking Wendell Moore

15. Mark Williams
19. Liddell
20. Kessler
29. Koloko (Ringer had us taking him at 22)
35. Oscar

USA today has us taking Ismael Kamagate from France... at least it's a big.
Yeah, USA today..no. I take Kessler, Tschiebwe, and Koloko over him.

Tough choice would be between Koloko and Tschiebwe. I feel Oscar is more NBA ready and is guaranteed to give the team rebounds that we need. He is more polished than when Capela came into the league as well, so we won't have to wait around for development. Koloko is more raw.

Be happy with either, but watch the Mavs draft a pg.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #31
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Wingspan is 7'8".
That'll do! Thank you
Old 04-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #32
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ll-player-year

Oscar - Men's AP Player of the Year
hope this doesn't make him rise up the draft boards
he's still mocked in the mid-late 30's on tankathon
Old 04-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, I want Oscar pretty badly. Rebounding is more important than shot blocking IMO, and he only had TWO games in which didn't have double digit rebounds this year.

Old 04-03-2022, 12:49 PM   #34
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I want Oscar pretty badly. Rebounding is more important than shot blocking IMO, and he only had TWO games in which didn't have double digit rebounds this year.
Same. I don’t think he will be available when we pick, but I think he’d be perfect here.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #35
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...nham-declares/

mostly updated tracker on underclassmen declaring for the draft...

Walker Kessler just declared - good for us in some sense - don't think he'd drop to us, but hopefully that would bump another big down to us when our spot comes.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:28 PM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Looks like Oscar might be returning to school.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2022/4/5/...nba-draft-2022

Old 04-05-2022, 11:25 PM   #37
saclare
Platinum Member

My gosh sway him with a 1st round draft pick promise and he's yours? Get it done Nico lol if only
Old 04-05-2022, 11:53 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
My gosh sway him with a 1st round draft pick promise and he's yours? Get it done Nico lol if only
This is Desmond Bane all over again. His value was all over the place. But people in the know or did any modicum of scouting knew he was good. Bane is a guard though which are valued higher in today's game. I think that's the main issue here. If Oscar was a guard, then he'd be a no-brainer first rounder.

Old 04-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #39
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
This is Desmond Bane all over again. His value was all over the place. But people in the know or did any modicum of scouting knew he was good. Bane is a guard though which are valued higher in today's game. I think that's the main issue here. If Oscar was a guard, then he'd be a no-brainer first rounder.
True, but I always think back to when and how a guy like Draymond Green slips to the second round. Uber productive college players should be attractive to those teams in the late first round at a minimum. Those teams typically are already good and can draft need or immediate contribution, which is what I think Oscar would provide here. Sure, you can say Draymond perhaps changed the thinking for maybe the smaller (re: height) guys aren't as overlooked because of what they've proven they can do. In Draymond's argument, they could have looked as his length and ability to switch on defense as a base, not sure if he was as solid as a passer and really ball handler at times pushing the break.

Again, if I'm the Mavs, trying to draft upside in the 20+ range is a crapshoot at best. Take the floor guys with some wiggle room to the upside. Hell, I still think Oscar has a lot of untapped ability. There should be now way a guy of his caliber is a second round pick.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:33 PM   #40
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

Ringer's latest mock has us taking Wendell Moore with Koloko going to the Nets right before us... bah